akito 2 with a klyde

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

artikulate

akito 2 with a klyde

Post by artikulate »

Hi all,

What are your opinions/ thoughts on using a klyde withan akito 2 temporarily until can afford an ekos se/ akiva??

Ron
Ron C.
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

artikulate wrote:What are your opinions/ thoughts on using a klyde withan akito 2 temporarily until can afford an ekos se/ akiva??
It depends really upon your current arm/cart and its state of health (i.e. arm bearings and cartridge wear), plus what spec your current LP12 is.

But if a new replacement arm/cart is the only option then for a similar cost I'd expect Ekos 2 (2nd hand) / Adikt to be more musical, but maybe you already have MC phono stage(?)

Think we need more info first.
Azazello
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Azazello »

MC:s are so expensive to run that I probably would not do it. If I did use it I would not get a new one before I had Radikal, Ekos and Keel. Another thing is that the performance of the latest version of Slipsik is so good that I have stopped considering MC at all. How does you LP12 look and what phonostage are you using?
artikulate

Post by artikulate »

Thanks for the replies so far guys,

The deal is that I want to finally upgrade my turntable from an entry level clearaudio table to the LP12---bought the clearaudio because was just getting back into vinyl and didnt want to spend too much money to see if I would enjoy it---well I do very much even on an entery level table. So my idea is to go to a fully maxed out LP12 in 2 to 3 stages. The question is do I get magic lp12 with radical and keel to start and stick with the project arm and adikt cart or do I start with a non magic lp12 add radikal and keel and akito 2 arm---is akito 2 that much better than the project---if it isnt would be cheaper in long run to stay with project arm then on stage 2 of plan upgrade to ekos se and akiva. Stage 3 of plan get urika. Would you guys recommend other arms and carts for this LP12 configuration other than ekos se and akiva???? Thanks!!!

Ron
Ron C.
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

Majik LP12 +Radikal +Keel would surely sound superb and you'd get a lovely new deck with Cirkus bearing etc. It would also put the fundamentals in place. I've been told that upon first hearing the Radikal it was connected to a Majik LP12 and still thought to be the most musical system ever heard and that's from a couple of tune dem followers, independently of one another. Having now heard the Radikal myself, I think only a broken arm would prevent you hearing its influence, so you should be fine with the Project one in the mean time. Next in the LP12 hierarchy would be the Keel, then arm upgrade and lastly cartridge upgrade.

If you did invest in the Majik LP12/Radikal/Keel then you could later upgrade to the Ekos SE once funds permit and not waste much money in the process. I would stay MM until you can afford both Linto/Urika AND Akiva.

Always worth looking out for the occasional deal available from dealers selling their dem stock. I've seen in the past an ex-dem LP12SE (pre-Radikal/Urika) for around £6k which represents a substantial saving.