Tangerine Audio Aluminum LP12 Plinth

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

u252agz
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Tangerine Audio Aluminum LP12 Plinth

Post by u252agz »

If I had the space for the JBLs and the aesthetics were more family friendly - i would order in the blink of an eye - even though I really love my 242s, and can't imagine anything better!

I think that after comparing Klimax Twin with Tundra 1.2 at Anthony's, everything else including the Lp12 have been ordered courtesy of Forum members.

And very happy / ecstatic I have been with each and every one of them.
Kalla/Sag M/Tun M3/242/LP12/Slip7

Kalla/Giella Pi/JBL308/RS2e

Majik LP12/Boazu/110s
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Music Lover was running 242s (although I think mk1) right before he got the JBLs and has also owned Komris, Keltiks and Aktiv Isobariks.

There is not much anybody can do about the size of the 3677s but I am working to see if I can help the looks. Nothing to report on yet but my goal is to have something done before the RMAF in early October as I will be bringing the 3677s there (and possibly the 4645C as well). I will post photos when I am happy with it.

And, obviously, I am one who bought the 3677s sound unheard based on forum comments (compounded by a few PMs in my case) and I am quite happy with them - so much so that I sold my ATC 100s that I couldn't previously find anything to superior to for 10 years.

I have also found much invaluable help on the forum from the best length for split K400 that Fredrik came up with (and that I confirmed) to the LS-NAS design that Linnofil worked so hard to nail down and numerous other tips about equipment, software, cables, stands, etc. They have all helped my system be so much more musical, as well as those I setup for others.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

ThomasOK wrote:I have also found much invaluable help on the forum from the best length for split K400 that Fredrik came up with (and that I confirmed)
Indeed you confirmed the optimal length, down to the last cm. Thank you!

I just wanted to point out that the optimal length is not only for split K400. It's for K400, K600, passive and aktiv speakers.

The only exception I've found is from amplifier to a separate passive filter, as with Klångedang T1. Maybe this exception also applies to JBL 3677, if one removes their passive filters and places them in a separate box?
Music Lover
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Music Lover »

ThomasOK wrote:Music Lover was running 242s (although I think mk1) right before he got the JBLs and has also owned Komris, Keltiks and Aktiv Isobariks.
+ numerous other as Majik140, Akurate 212, 345 sub...to mention as few.
And I tried out many more speakers at home.

As Clinton said (hopefully Music Lover is a bit more trustworthy) read my lips, 3677 is THE speaker !
On stands even better.

And the 4645C sub is, if possible, even greater.
Getter better and better with heavy burn in (Kraftwerk on max volume as soon the family leave the house)
It was nice on day one but after a few months - insanely good. Hard hitting, fast and great timing.
The sub reminds me of "the Greatest"
On stands (in the making) they going to be magical.

PS
Yeah, it was 242mkI
It's all about musical understanding!
u252agz
Very active member
Very active member

Post by u252agz »

The inability to accommodate JBLs is killing me.

I cant think of any room in the house where they could be easily placed without removing sofas / major structural changes/ marital discord etc etc

All the spaces are only suited for standard width speakers ( up to 350 in size) - I am Currently using 242s, Ninkas and Keff eggs on stands in various rooms.

I am also about to replace one set of eggs with Komponent 110s - again based on comments from this forum regarding musicality.

Majik LP12/Boazu/110s
Music Lover
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Music Lover »

No excuses - Just DO it, life is too short
It's all about musical understanding!
u252agz
Very active member
Very active member

Post by u252agz »

Music Lover wrote:No excuses - Just DO it, life is too short

ML

That's a great motto for Lejonklou Hi Fi, as well as the somewhat more challenging 3677s

Majik LP12/Boazu/110s
FangfossFlyer

Post by FangfossFlyer »

I have finally had a demo of the Stiletto down at my dealers this morning and overall first impression is that….. I like it!

To me it pulls things together very well with not only a "groove and vibe" that I like but also is the direction of the "furrow I have been ploughing" over the decades.

It held things together very well with a good 3D spacing and a sense of realism and did not drift into that dry precise / clinical sound that I hear too often in many products these days. It was particularly good at holding it all together in crescendos where the music builds and builds into a climax which some systems I have heard just fall apart. It was good on a range of music from quiet through to live rock. In fact I found no fault with it!

So I was impressed enough to tentatively arrange a home dem / loan but this will have to wait a while as I am the trail of replacing my Record Cleaning Machine which takes top priority at present.

So, nice one Tangerine Audio and thanks to David and The Sound Organisation for a most enjoyable morning.

Richard
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

Richard,

thanks for your nice report.

It is a never ending story: Stiletto, Skorpion, Eklipse.......

I hope someone can answer my question how the Stiletto fits into the LP12 hierarchy.

All the best

Matt
Matt

MBP / Exposure pre + power (both modified) / JBL3677