Linn Intek

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Linn Intek

Post by Charlie1 »

I reckon I heard this amp many moons ago. What's the view on it? Was it able to compete with the Nait2 and Exposure 15, circa late 80s and early 90s? Just curious and thinking back to the old days.
Lego
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Linn Intek

Post by Lego »

Better than Naim 42/110 ..and I thought those were Naims best amps ..I had those Naims and were one of my favourite upgrades from A&R Cambridge ..when I compared intek at home I understood what Linn amps were all about ..with Naim you had to sort of go in and get the music whereas Linn gave you the music ..no effort required ...Its what prompted me to get the Kairn etc..
.I still shake my head in disbelief when I go past my daughter's room and the Kans are blaring out driven by intek ,a very enjoyable and engaging sound.
Sold to me by a customer for £75
I know that tune
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

Thanks Leo. They seem to be £200+ now. I like your description of not needing to go in and find the music.
jonteman

Post by jonteman »

Had one 20+ years ago in my early Linn-years with Kan speakers.
One was for sale for round 70 euros in Sweden a few months ago but I think 100-200 is a more realistic figure.
Soundwise I can't really remember =)
vicdiaz

Post by vicdiaz »

I recently got my hands on an Intek that was going to be thrown to the garbage by a friend who had recently divorced and had no interest in keeping the ex-husband's audio system. Powered it up last week but it needs tender and loving care since pots are noisy as hell and requires an outer case paint job. target date? TBD.
Vic
Ivor's "Tune-Method Seminar" Alumni