Latest records to enter your collection

Where it all begins

Moderator: Staff

John
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Latest records to enter your collection

Post by John »

Tony Tune-age wrote: 2022-01-12 18:22 Thanks to Thomas, this album will be added to my collection soon...

https://gillianwelch.com/wp-content/upl ... 1x2048.jpg
Thanks for the heads up, big fan!
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

John wrote: 2022-01-13 02:19
Tony Tune-age wrote: 2022-01-12 18:22 Thanks to Thomas, this album will be added to my collection soon...

https://gillianwelch.com/wp-content/upl ... 1x2048.jpg
Thanks for the heads up, big fan!
You're welcome...enjoy!
Tony Tune-age
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Tony Tune-age
Hermann
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Hermann »

Can - Live in Stuttgart 1975

Hardly a record as cleanly mixed as this one and despite the orange vinyl soundwise on the highest level. A musthave for every fan of the group and the genre. I had discovered the album on YT with a flac stream and ordered immediately. Unfortunately, the price has risen from one day to the next by a whopping 13 euros. Even with this price, it is worth every cent.

Screenshot 2022-01-19 112916.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trust your ears
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Hermann wrote: 2022-01-19 11:37 Can - Live in Stuttgart 1975

Hardly a record as cleanly mixed as this one and despite the orange vinyl soundwise on the highest level. A musthave for every fan of the group and the genre. I had discovered the album on YT with a flac stream and ordered immediately. Unfortunately, the price has risen from one day to the next by a whopping 13 euros. Even with this price, it is worth every cent.
Thanks for sharing Hermann, it's much appreciated. After listening for awhile, I placed an order and it should be here by February 07th, 2022.

Cheers
Tony Tune-age
Hermann
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Hermann »

Great Tony, hope you won't regret it. Why the long delivery time? It is available in Germany (Amazon).

I had seen Can live in an old school auditorium in the early 70s. Not very many visitors and that was an experience. Sat right in front of the guys on the floor. You can hardly feel a musical experience more immediately. Afterwards, what was usual for his time, still chatted with them and exchanged some "spiritual" things ;-)
Trust your ears
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Hermann wrote: 2022-01-19 20:12 Great Tony, hope you won't regret it. Why the long delivery time? It is available in Germany (Amazon).

I had seen Can live in an old school auditorium in the early 70s. Not very many visitors and that was an experience. Sat right in front of the guys on the floor. You can hardly feel a musical experience more immediately. Afterwards, what was usual for his time, still chatted with them and exchanged some "spiritual" things ;-)
Greetings Hermann,

Apparently it's due to product availability, and the pandemic's negative impact on shipping and delivery. They said February 07th is the worst case scenario, it could arrive much sooner.

I haven't heard of this group before, but the music link sounded really interesting...so I decided to give it a try.

Cheers
Tony Tune-age
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Post by V.A.MKD »

Tony Tune-age wrote: 2022-01-19 21:19
Hermann wrote: 2022-01-19 20:12 Great Tony, hope you won't regret it. Why the long delivery time? It is available in Germany (Amazon).

Greetings Hermann,

Apparently it's due to product availability, and the pandemic's negative impact on shipping and delivery. They said February 07th is the worst case scenario, it could arrive much sooner.

I haven't heard of this group before, but the music link sounded really interesting...so I decided to give it a try.

Cheers
+1, thanks for sharing ...
Music First ...
Vlado
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

V.A.MKD wrote: 2022-01-20 12:59
Tony Tune-age wrote: 2022-01-19 21:19

Greetings Hermann,

Cheers
+1, thanks for sharing ...
+2. I listened to the album on youtube and ordered it as well, along with the new record by Alison Krauss and Robert Plant "Raise the Roof" which sounds pretty good streamed. Both are supposed be arriving the first week of February.
I had never heard of Can before but liked what I heard. Any recommendation on other records of theirs to check out? From what I read they were a quite different band live from their studio work.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
tpetsch
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tpetsch »

Good call on Can, great stuff always liked Monster Movie & Tago Mago :

Don't know if there are any Porcupine Tree fans here but just a heads up, the New P-Tree LP "Closure / Continuation", after a several year band hiatus is now available for Pre-order on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09KP ... UTF8&psc=1
Rega P10, Aphelion II, Aura. Naim CB 32.5/HC, Naxo 3-6/HC, 3x250 into K20/DMS.
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Pre-ordered it a month ago.
The LP12 Whisperer
tpetsch
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tpetsch »

ThomasOK wrote: 2022-01-21 00:43 Pre-ordered it a month ago.
From Burning Shed?, that can get Pricey when you calculate shipping for those of us in the US, but if you want the special editions, which usually sound worse -in my experience especially if colored vinyl- their usually the only bet. ...I held out though as the basic copies usually hit Amazon US, looking forward to this one.
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

tpetsch wrote: 2022-01-20 19:50 Good call on Can, great stuff always liked Monster Movie & Tago Mago :

Don't know if there are any Porcupine Tree fans here but just a heads up, the New P-Tree LP "Closure / Continuation", after a several year band hiatus is now available for Pre-order on Amazon:

Checking in with my local record stores, but if they don't have a copy I'll place an order.

Thanks
Tony Tune-age
tpetsch
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tpetsch »

Tony Tune-age wrote: 2022-01-21 14:01
tpetsch wrote: 2022-01-20 19:50 Good call on Can, great stuff always liked Monster Movie & Tago Mago :

Checking in with my local record stores, but if they don't have a copy I'll place an order.

Thanks
I wholeheartedly agree, we should all support our independently owned local record shops whenever possible. But in these situations where you know copies will be somewhat limited and there could be more demand it's nice to know you have your hands on a pre-ordered copy, 1st press. ...By the way, this LP won't be physically available until June, 24.
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Thanks
It doesn't come out until June 24th so if they have a copy they have a time machine. ;-)
The LP12 Whisperer
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

ThomasOK wrote: 2022-01-21 19:24

Thanks
It doesn't come out until June 24th so if they have a copy they have a time machine. ;-)
Thanks
Tony Tune-age
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

This is a great album...Bill Charlap

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/81r ... L1400_.jpg
Tony Tune-age
Spannko
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Spannko »

I’ve been listening to the Can album for about 20mins now. When can I expect the band to start playing music?
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

I haven't received my album yet, but hopefully it will paly music! I really don't want to listen to silence for twenty minutes!

However, some of their music can be heard on their website listed below.

Cheers

https://canofficial.bandcamp.com/
Spannko wrote: 2022-01-24 17:00 I’ve been listening to the Can album for about 20mins now. When can I expect the band to start playing music?
Tony Tune-age
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Surprisingly, my copy of "Can - Live in Stuttgart 1975" arrived earlier than expected last night. It wasn't suppose to ship until the 24th, however is was received on the 24th. So that was a pleasant surprise for sure.

In any case, it's an interesting band with an interesting history, and they have a lot of genres too (i.e., experimental rock, avant-funk, art rock, psychedelic funk, jam band). And they had considerable influence on subsequent rock, post-punk, ambient and electronic music.

This album seems to be recorded well, and does sound very good, so it should appeal to their fans. I'm still listening, but so far I prefer side three overall. However it's a style that is different than I anticipated, even though some of there their early rock influences included the Beatles, Velvet Underground, Jimi Hendrix, Sly Stone and Frank Zappa.
Tony Tune-age
Arjen
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Arjen »

image.jpg
Something Else, All Diamonds in the Rough, Coltrane, Eric Dolphy, Cannonball Adderley, John Prine
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lenco 76/S TJN, Dr. Fuss, Supernait2, CD5X, Slipsik7.1, Millon Phantom, Soundeck, AudioSensibility
Hermann
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Hermann »

Hello Tony,
for fans of the band that recording is a real revelation. But it is sometimes necessary to listen to records several times until the music fully reveals itself. Some are already mentioned regarding other records of the band. Above all, IMHO, of course Tago Mago. Spotify or other streaming platforms are the choice to go deeper.

A few days ago, a friend came in and gave me, once again..., records. We often swap music, each of which no longer meets to the own taste of the time.

20220126_100502.jpg
Trust your ears
Tendaberry
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tendaberry »

Arjen wrote: 2022-01-26 00:02 Something Else, All Diamonds in the Rough, Coltrane, Eric Dolphy, Cannonball Adderley, John Prine
Some essential albums there :-)
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Hermann wrote: 2022-01-26 10:21 Hello Tony,
for fans of the band that recording is a real revelation. But it is sometimes necessary to listen to records several times until the music fully reveals itself. Some are already mentioned regarding other records of the band. Above all, IMHO, of course Tago Mago. Spotify or other streaming platforms are the choice to go deeper.

A few days ago, a friend came in and gave me, once again..., records. We often swap music, each of which no longer meets to the own taste of the time.
Good morning Hermann,

That's very true indeed, some records do require additional listening time...so I'm still listening to this album too. And as suggested, I have been listening to their Tago Mago release as well (in digital format).

By the way, I do have the Dave Brubeck Quartet album...

Thanks for the tips Hermann,
Cheers
Last edited by Tony Tune-age on 2022-01-26 17:32, edited 1 time in total.
Tony Tune-age
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Tendaberry wrote: 2022-01-26 12:29
Arjen wrote: 2022-01-26 00:02 Something Else, All Diamonds in the Rough, Coltrane, Eric Dolphy, Cannonball Adderley, John Prine
Some essential albums there :-)
Very true indeed, and I already have those John Coltrane albums in my collection.

Cheers
Tony Tune-age