Radio Paradise iOS App Settings

A source of endless thrills

Moderator: Staff

springwood64
Very active member
Very active member

Radio Paradise iOS App Settings

Post by springwood64 »

I was demonstrating to my wife the difference between low resolution and low quality via Radio Paradise Källa, and made a useful discovery.

In short, set to quality to "ultra". The app default seemed to be "high".
IMG_20240331_164338066_MFNR.jpg

I suspect that "Ultra" is ALAC.

I tried FLAC and didn't like it.

The demonstration I did was to compare JB Music FLAC played by VLC on the iPad and Källa to "low" on the Radio Paradise app.

The JB Music/FLAC/VLC combination sounded instantly unpleasant. We wanted to stop playing immediately.

The "low" Radio Paradise in contrast was perfectly pleasant, though the default "high" was significantly more enjoyable and conveyed far more than the "low".

Nevertheless, the musicality of the low resolution Radio Paradise playback is much much greater than the high resolution JB Music playback.

Although the playback chain was different, it nicely demonstrates that low resolution doesn't automatically mean low quality, and high resolution doesn't automatically mean high quality.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pete

Linn LP12 (Lingo1, Kore, Karousel, Akito1, Tramp2), Slipsik, Källa, Boazu, Espeks