How do I find my Källa web interface?

A source of endless thrills

Moderator: Staff

Flatcoat

How do I find my Källa web interface?

Post by Flatcoat »

I updated both my iPads today to ios 16.2. Since doing so, the Kalla app will not open.
Any suggestions?
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Re: How do I find my Källa web interface?

Post by tokenbrit »

Flatcoat wrote: 2022-12-14 20:25 I updated both my iPads today to ios 16.2. Since doing so, the Kalla app will not open.
Any suggestions?
Firstly, can you 'see' your Kalla if you enter its IP address in a browser?

Assuming you can, and depending on what you mean by "the Kalla app"...
In Spotify, if you click on the speaker icon in the bottom left corner, then select 'AirPlay or Bluetooth', Lejonklou should be an option under Speakers & TVs.
If it's not there...
From the iPad home screen, swipe diagonally down & to the left from the upper-right corner... Touch on the AirPlay controls, and select Lejonklou under Speakers & TVs. (then try your 'Kalla app' again)
If that doesn't work, reboot your Kalla, via the browser, and try again.
Flatcoat

Post by Flatcoat »

I now realise that there was no app for the Kalla. I was accessing the ip address from the ipad and then saving that to the home screen for easy access. At present, the ipad does not find the Kalla.

The reason most likely is that I have added an Amplifi HD as a mesh point and the Kalla is connected directly to the Amplifi via ethernet. The Amplifi is connected wirelessly to my broadband Sky router. I then have a PC connected to the router but that does not ‘see’ the Kalla so I can not get the ip address.

As I can not access the Kalla from the PC or the ipad, I am unable to switch it off at present. The Kalla is still able to play music.

Any help would be appreciated. I will also add a post to the Amplifi thread about the problem.
springwood64
Very active member
Very active member

Post by springwood64 »

Can you change the ipad wifi to connect to the Amplifi instead of the router? You can also use the Amplifi app to check that Kalla is listed as a client with the IP address you expect. Then you can connect to the Kalla IP address in a browser on your ipad.
Pete

Linn Axis, Kinki, Källa (GS308T+Amplifi HD x 2 + BJC), Boazu, Espeks
Flatcoat

Post by Flatcoat »

The ipad wifi does not find the Amplifi.

As you suggested, I was able to get the ip address for the Kalla from the Amplifi app. However, when I try to link to it via the ipad browser it states that not found as not connected to the internet.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

I changed the subject name as this has nothing to do with iOS.

I find it difficult to help from a distance with network issues like this. Often the problem turns out to be some minor detail or miscommunication and once that’s been found, everything works again.

If I understand it correctly, the iPad isn’t connected to the WiFi network of the Amplifi? I assume that WiFi network a separate one from the main WiFi network?
Spannko
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Spannko »

Just a thought Flatcoat. Is the IP address given by the Amplify one you would expect, or one which exists within the parameters set in your router settings?
Flatcoat

Post by Flatcoat »

I have managed to get everything working after a lot of time spent on my system and with the suggestions of how to solve the problem. At one stage I could not even get the Kalla to play any music. Luckily, I finally got the ipad to connect to the Kalla ip address (identified in the Amplifi app)which meant that I could switch the Kalla off, and then switching it back on resulted in it working.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

That's excellent news, Flatcoat!
u252agz
Very active member
Very active member

Post by u252agz »

One of my Kallas #17 is not visible on the network - I can’t find it with its web address 192.168.0 Etc

It’s connected to the mesh router / network switch - which both appear to be fine.

Any ideas of what I should do next?

The other Kalla is fine.
Kalla/Sag M/Tun M3/242/LP12/Slip7

Kalla/Giella Pi/JBL308/RS2e

Majik LP12/Boazu/110s
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Hi u252agz!

If you surf to your router (or if it has an app, open it) and check the list of devices, do you find it?
u252agz
Very active member
Very active member

Post by u252agz »

Hi

No - only the upstairs Kalla is visible .

Should I try connecting directly to the mesh - in case it’s the network switch that is the problem?
Or even directly to the router?

Majik LP12/Boazu/110s
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Is the switch visible but not Källa?

You can always move the network connection to Källa around. If it’s not playing music, it is extremely tolerant to being disconnected and reconnected.

While moving the connection around, maybe to the mesh instead of the switch, you can watch the Ethernet port lights on Källa. They should be giving off intermittent blinks when it’s connected to the network.
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tokenbrit »

u252agz wrote: 2023-02-07 23:58 Hi

No - only the upstairs Kalla is visible .

Should I try connecting directly to the mesh - in case it’s the network switch that is the problem?
Or even directly to the router?
If your network components haven't been restarted in a while, maybe reboot the router, mesh, & switch in order - make sure all network components come up cleanly, then see if the upstairs Kalla is visible again... &/or what Fredrik said ;)
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Now that we’re on the subject of routers and mesh points, I received a tip from a Källa owner who has Ubiquity Amplifi HD routers. He said he thought the latest Amplifi firmware, 4.0, sounds worse than the previous 3.7.1 (which happens to be what I have). It’s possible to revert to 3.7.1, which is what he did.

I haven’t tried 4.0 and don’t feel the need to mess with things while I’m busy with development, so I can’t confirm the finding.
u252agz
Very active member
Very active member

Post by u252agz »

Thanks Fredrik and Tokenbrit

It was the switch!

It was not visible on the router - my other two GS 108/308 were, along with the mesh unit.

A simple reboot did the trick.

I have not used the downstairs Kalla for a week or so - been listening to the LP 12 with 1950s/1960s Jazz recordings ; something the LP12 excels in .

It’s definitely better to use a mesh router / network switch with Kalla but of corse all three have to be on the network.

You live and learn.

Majik LP12/Boazu/110s
u252agz
Very active member
Very active member

Post by u252agz »

So at 23:28 hrs on 7th February I post an issue with finding my KAlla~17 on the network.

At 23:42 , 14 minutes later ( as I am getting ready for bed) I get a reply from Lejonklou HQ pointing me towards the fix and a second reply from Tokenbrit confirming the likely problem.

I wake up at 05;30 check the forum and fix the problem in 10 seconds flat.

Now that's what I call a great service!

Its one of the reasons I have quite a few Lejonklou units in the house - help and assistance is never far away.

The customer service is on a level that is many orders of magnitude better than I have ever experienced; and I am fortunate in having very good support for virtually all of my other things from cars and cycles to the plumbing and electrics in the house!

Majik LP12/Boazu/110s