Post by Lego »

What timespan Spannko?
I know that tune
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Recommended control points

Post by lejonklou »

Just like you I’ve been skeptical of burn in phenomena, Lego.

In this case, though, we have many other control points to compare with. For instance my trusty old iPhone 11, on which the battery is getting weak. The brand new 15 Pro Max was noticeably worse, in the “digital and hard” direction. No new phone for me this year, I concluded.

Weeks later we compare the same two phones (always checking that iOS and Spotify are the same versions and that the Spotify settings are the same, as they sometimes change by themselves with new versions). This time there was nothing that made us think “digital and hard” when hearing 15 Pro Max. iPhone 11 sounded great as usual, but didn’t sort out the rhythms quite as well as 15 Pro Max.

iPad mini 6 remains a little better than both of them.

We also concluded that we could play on either of them for the rest of the evening without feeling that we’re missing anything. And the other day I was playing for hours from an old iPad Pro 10.5” - which is near the bottom of the ranking list on the first page of this topic - and I wasn’t missing anything then either.
Lego
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Lego »

lejonklou wrote: 2023-10-10 11:43 Just like you I’ve been skeptical of burn in phenomena, Lego.

In this case, though, we have many other control points to compare with. For instance my trusty old iPhone 11, on which the battery is getting weak. The brand new 15 Pro Max was noticeably worse, in the “digital and hard” direction. No new phone for me this year, I concluded.

Weeks later we compare the same two phones (always checking that iOS and Spotify are the same versions and that the Spotify settings are the same, as they sometimes change by themselves with new versions). This time there was nothing that made us think “digital and hard” when hearing 15 Pro Max. iPhone 11 sounded great as usual, but didn’t sort out the rhythms quite as well as 15 Pro Max.

iPad mini 6 remains a little better than both of them.

We also concluded that we could play on either of them for the rest of the evening without feeling that we’re missing anything. And the other day I was playing for hours from an old iPad Pro 10.5” - which is near the bottom of the ranking list on the first page of this topic - and I wasn’t missing anything then either.
I hear you Fredrik,and believe what you heard.It would just be good to have clips to backup this phenomenon, we've got clips in everything else including anti-skate differences,plug placement in distribution block etc.
Last edited by Lego on 2023-10-10 19:45, edited 1 time in total.
I know that tune
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Will remember that, Lego!
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

I just finally got around to looking at the Costco Members Only special sale that ends tomorrow. After going through many pages of stuff I don't need I found that they are selling the iPad Mini6 with 64GB for $399, $90 off their usual price. It looks like Walmart and Amazon have lowered their price to match this, although it is more for Space Gray on Amazon. So now seems to be a good time to pick one up if you don't have one or want another. The 256GB version is also $90 off and the Cellular ones are on sale too.

Edit: After a further look Costco appears to have most Apple stuff on sale with 27 items listed. This includes numerous MacBooks and iMacs along with Mac Minis, Mac Studios, various iPads, a Studio display and a watch.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
Fred11

Post by Fred11 »

I have had an iPhone 11 with my Källa for a while. It is so much better than for instance apple tv. Like a huge upgrade But my iPhones battery is giving in so I need to buy a new one. Does enaybady know if a iPhone 11 PRO is any different from just 11?
Fredrik
lejonklou wrote: 2021-05-02 13:50 Control point musicality, from best to worst (list will be continually updated):

iPhone 14 Pro Max 512GB (tied with iPad mini 6 below)
iPad mini 6 64GB (tied with iPhone 14 Pro Max 512GB above)
iPhone 15 Pro 256GB and iPhone 15 Pro Max 512GB (these two sound identical)
iPhone 11 128GB
iPad Pro 12.9" M2 cellular (using WiFi)
MacBook Pro 16” M1 Max 32GB unified (connected with cable)
MacBook Pro 16” M1 Max 32GB unified (using WiFi)
iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB
MacBook Pro 16" i9 (connected with cable)
iPad Pro gen3 11" M1 (connected with cable)
iPad Pro gen3 11" M1
iPhone 14 Pro
iPhone 13 Pro Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max
iPhone 6+
iPhone 8+
MacBook Pro 16" i9 (using WiFi)
Mac Mini 2015 (using WiFi)
iPad Pro 11"
iPad Pro 10.5"
iPad mini 1
iPad mini 5