Radio Paradise FLAC for upmpdcli Radio

A DIY digital music streamer with exceptional performance

Moderator: Staff

springwood64
Very active member
Very active member

Radio Paradise FLAC for upmpdcli Radio

Post by springwood64 »

If you're listening to Radio Paradise FLAC channels using upmpdcli Open Radio, or want to, I have adapted the sample script to fix a few problems.

First some context.

Upmpdcli supports OpenHome Radio (https://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli ... o-stations). You can configure radio stations that will appear in the Radio section of BubbleDS or Kazoo.

It can also execute Python scripts to use services like the Radio Paradise FLAC channels. As well as playing a variety of audio formats including FLAC, upmpdcli reports metadata such as song title, artist, album art etc for the current song.

However the sample script included in the upmpdcli release has a number of problems:

1. Only works for RP main channel
2. Loses sync between audio stream and meta data, displaying the wrong track details occasionally
3. Sometimes replays the same group of 3-4 tracks

I have created an updated script that fixes these problems and now I can reliably play all 4 RP FLAC channels with accurate track metadata and no annoying repeats (well, not so many).

I have attached a copy of the updated script and an example configuration file. Note that the configuration file assumes that the script is stored in

Code: Select all

/media/playlists/radio/
This is a folder I created on my player. You will need to choose somewhere to store your copy, and update the configuration file accordingly.
radio-paradise.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pete

Linn Axis, Kinki, Källa (GS308T+Amplifi HD x 2 + BJC), Boazu, Espeks