Control Apps

A DIY digital music streamer with exceptional performance

Moderator: Staff

FairPlayMotty
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Control Apps

Post by FairPlayMotty »

springwood64 wrote: 2020-08-21 18:13 I've tried Hifi Cast, Kazoo, BubbleUpnp, BubbleDS

I have settled on BubbleDS as my main control on my android mobile and my wife uses it for the streamer in her art studio.

My requirements have settled on:
1. Support for Qobuz hi res
2. Support for Radio Paradise FLAC including art and metal data
3. Custom playlists
4. Simple navigation of my music library

Bubble DS is the only control I've found that meets these requirements. It's support for the Radio Paradise album art is a bit flaky, but other than that it is robust and ready to use.

Occasionally I use Kazoo on PC, which has no problems with the Radio Paradise album art, but it cannot control Qobuz because upmpdcli no longer authenticates Qobuz. It relies on BubbleDS to do that, but Kazoo interacts differently.

BubbleDS supports Open Home Radio, so works with the upmpdcli radio feature.

Radio Paradise and Qobuz have become my main music sources, both for discovery and for old favourites
Interesting to me. I had to look at Bubble DS. I'm going to request Radio Paradise and a few other stations from the HiFi Cast guys. They have no flac radio station at the moment so need to up their game. I would like the development team to add multi room functionality and a couple of other features.

BubbleUpnp is my rarely used secondary control point.
Everything is a remix: Copy, Transform, Combine.
springwood64
Very active member
Very active member

Post by springwood64 »

FairPlayMotty wrote: 2020-08-21 21:58
Interesting to me. I had to look at Bubble DS. I'm going to request Radio Paradise and a few other stations from the HiFi Cast guys. They have no flac radio station at the moment so need to up their game. I would like the development team to add multi room functionality and a couple of other features.

Note that Bubbleupnp and BubbleDS differ. The latter includes Open Home Radio, but bubbleupnp does not. In addition, BubbleDS only supports OpenHome renderers, whereas Bubbleupnp supports UPnP and OpenHome
Pete

Linn Axis, Kinki, Källa (GS308T+Amplifi HD x 2 + BJC), Boazu, Espeks
FairPlayMotty
Very active member
Very active member

Post by FairPlayMotty »

I know. Used BubbleUpnp for a while before moving to HiFi Cast.

BubbleUpnp seemed to be stuck in time for a while before the introduction of DS.
Everything is a remix: Copy, Transform, Combine.
Lego
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Lego »

springwood64 wrote: 2020-08-21 22:10
FairPlayMotty wrote: 2020-08-21 21:58

Note that Bubbleupnp and BubbleDS differ. The latter includes Open Home Radio, but bubbleupnp does not. In addition, BubbleDS only supports OpenHome renderers, whereas Bubbleupnp supports UPnP and OpenHome
I use bubbleupnp to cast Paradise radio
I know that tune
springwood64
Very active member
Very active member

Post by springwood64 »

Lego wrote: 2020-10-01 06:47 I use bubbleupnp to cast Paradise radio
Interesting. How do you do that? I've configured upmpdcli to run a python script that retrieves the FLAC stream and meta data and publish it as an OpenHome Radio channel. BubbleUpnp doesn't list the upmpdcli radio channels.
Pete

Linn Axis, Kinki, Källa (GS308T+Amplifi HD x 2 + BJC), Boazu, Espeks
Lego
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Lego »

springwood64 wrote: 2020-10-01 07:15
Lego wrote: 2020-10-01 06:47 I use bubbleupnp to cast Paradise radio
Interesting. How do you do that? I've configured upmpdcli to run a python script that retrieves the FLAC stream and meta data and publish it as an OpenHome Radio channel. BubbleUpnp doesn't list the upmpdcli radio channels.
I copy and add URL into bubbleupnp radio playlist .Then I choose Volumio as a renderer. Try this http://stream.radioparadise.com/mellow-flac
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I know that tune