A DIY digital music streamer with exceptional performance

Moderator: Staff

FairPlayMotty
Very active member
Very active member

Re: HAKAI NAS

Post by FairPlayMotty »

Great to hear!
Everything is a remix: Copy, Transform, Combine.
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tokenbrit »

OscarH wrote: 2020-02-26 05:55 Yes, I meant the last line - it actually works now.

The final step was embarrassingly basic; I juste needed to reboot the nas after I’d loaded music onto it.
Minimserver default is to rescan the library when it is started, including after a reboot. That's almost certainly what got it working after copying the music files to the NAS, but there should be a control in Snakeoil to allow you to stop/start Minimserver, or specifically to rescan the library without having to reboot the NAS.
FairPlayMotty
Very active member
Very active member

Post by FairPlayMotty »

tokenbrit wrote: 2020-02-26 13:50
OscarH wrote: 2020-02-26 05:55 Yes, I meant the last line - it actually works now.

The final step was embarrassingly basic; I juste needed to reboot the nas after I’d loaded music onto it.
Minimserver default is to rescan the library when it is started, including after a reboot. That's almost certainly what got it working after copying the music files to the NAS, but there should be a control in Snakeoil to allow you to stop/start Minimserver, or specifically to rescan the library without having to reboot the NAS.
It takes me roughly twenty seconds to rescan a
4TB library in Snakeoil using either Minimserver or LMS. Kith is a Linux expert - he doesn't need technical advice from anyone on this forum.
OscarH
Very active member
Very active member

Post by OscarH »

FairPlayMotty wrote: 2020-02-26 14:02

4TB library in Snakeoil using either Minimserver or LMS. Kith is a Linux expert - he doesn't need technical advice from anyone on this forum.
I won't be ripping CD's on a daily basis anyway so it is not a major issue to reboot when new files have been added.

Just wanted to mention that a reboot solved my problem. There may be other methods.
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tokenbrit »

I have no idea what you're trying to say with your reply - I was just letting Oscar know that he may well not need to reboot to initiate a rescan...
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tokenbrit »

OscarH wrote: 2020-02-26 14:20 I won't be ripping CD's on a daily basis anyway so it is not a major issue to reboot when new files have been added.

Just wanted to mention that a reboot solved my problem. There may be other methods.
All good. Stream on :)
FairPlayMotty
Very active member
Very active member

Post by FairPlayMotty »

tokenbrit wrote: 2020-02-26 14:45

I have no idea what you're trying to say with your reply - I was just letting Oscar know that he may well not need to reboot to initiate a rescan...
"I have no idea".... is a little variance on your usual "I'm confused" - perhaps you may want to leave Snakeoil OS commentary to those using the system.