Source HAKAI components Cross-Country

A DIY digital music streamer with exceptional performance

Moderator: Staff

Sopper
Very active member
Very active member

Source HAKAI components Cross-Country

Post by Sopper »

This thread is dedicated for sourcing hard-to-find HAKAI components.

We all live in different countries, so we can help each other finding and buying HAKAI components.
I came up with this idea when I found 2 gigabyte GA-N3050N-D3H in Germany; the Webshop wouldn’t ship to the Netherlands, so I asked a colleague of mine who lives in Germany if I could use his address for shipping.
Now both Marco and me own a brand new motherboard which works for HAKAI.

David Neel found a motherboard in the Netherlands, but faced the same problem; no shipping abroad. So I offered to help him.

Let this thread be dedicated to post help inquiries for buying HAKAI components abroad.
Be aware to handle the details by PM; it would be a pity if some reader kidnapped your wanted components.
KÄLLA > Sagatun Mono 1.7 > Tundra Mono 3.0 > Graham LS8/1F
Cables: Trivium Audio Cables
David Neel
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Source HAKAI components Cross-Country

Post by David Neel »

If anybody finds something in the UK I will help - just PM me.
The search for knowledge is not nourished by certainty, but by a radical distrust in certainty
William

Post by William »

Hi,

I can’t find any of the motherboards mentioned in the main thread. Does anyone know of any other motherboards that work?

Thanks,

William
Sopper
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Sopper »

WilliamMcL wrote:Hi,

I can’t find any of the motherboards mentioned in the main thread. Does anyone know of any other motherboards that work?

Thanks,

William
Gigabyte GA-N3050N-D3H available in webshop in Ireland
Gigabyte GA-N3150N-D3V Available in webshop in France

When i get back from holiday, ill post the links
fatjulio

Post by fatjulio »

Is there anyone in Germany that would forward on a motherboard?
William

Post by William »

Sopper wrote:

Thanks,

William

Hi Sopper,

Many thanks. I tried looking again but couldn’t see anything, you must have better search skills than me :).

Best regards,

William

I meant to add, I’m in the UK. Will they post?
Sopper
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Sopper »

WilliamMcL wrote:
Sopper wrote:

Thanks,

William

Hi Sopper,

Many thanks. I tried looking again but couldn’t see anything, you must have better search skills than me :).

Best regards,

William

I meant to add, I’m in the UK. Will they post?
They don’t ship abroad, so you need to find someone living in France and/or Ireland.

https://itbits.ie/store/product/gigabyt ... y-871.html

https://www.pc21.fr/fiche/ga-n3150n-d3v ... edenicheur
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tokenbrit »

William, it's not one of the 3 originally recommended m'boards, but the J3455 is in the same range, and 'David Neel' has had some decent results with it... Available here: (in the UK ;)
https://www.mini-itx.com/~J3455N-D3H
David Neel
Very active member
Very active member

Post by David Neel »

tokenbrit wrote:William, it's not one of the 3 originally recommended m'boards, but the J3455 is in the same range, and 'David Neel' has had some decent results with it... Available here: (in the UK ;)
https://www.mini-itx.com/~J3455N-D3H
What I wrote was, emphasis added:
Motherboard impressions: as both a NAS and as a streamer, the N3050N-D2P is more musical, but sounds a bit "thin"; the J3455N-D3H is more impressive and "full" but lacks the same level of musical engagement. Caveat: I suspect burn-in may improve both, the signs are there as performance seems a bit inconsistent.
Since then, burn-in has helped the N3050N, my J3455 failed, and I have a new one which I will try in the next week.
The search for knowledge is not nourished by certainty, but by a radical distrust in certainty
Lego
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Lego »

There are ways to get these mobos shipped abroad as I've I've managed to get a few new ones as spares and future Nas though I'm I'm not sure it's totally above board (ie dodgy) so won't be recommending or suggesting my method here or anywhere online .

What I would recommend you try is contacting the vendors named here or any alternatives who refuse to ship abroad and ask them to remove the cell battery from the motherboard as I'm guessing this is the issue with overseas shipping.

If they are willing to do this and still not ship ,just ask them to prepare the item and arrange a courier from your end .I'd recommend FedEx for speed and reliability .The battery is readily available so shouldn't be a problem to source .
I know that tune
David Neel
Very active member
Very active member

Post by David Neel »

I have been informed of a small batch of N3150-D3Vs supposedly due to be available in the UK next week at a price of £95 inc. VAT. The seller is able to ship overseas, although that may be expensive.

If anybody is interested, please PM me and I will let the seller know how many will be required. He will then size his order accordingly.
William

Post by William »

David Neel wrote:I have been informed of a small batch of N3150-D3Vs supposedly due to be available in the UK next week at a price of £95 inc. VAT. The seller is able to ship overseas, although that may be expensive.

If anybody is interested, please PM me and I will let the seller know how many will be required. He will then size his order accordingly.
Hi David,

I’m interested in obtaining one. Do you need any further information at the moment.

Thanks,

William
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tokenbrit »

Interested depending on shipping costs to the US
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

tokenbrit wrote:Interested depending on shipping costs to the US
Ditto!
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
vinylphreak

Post by vinylphreak »

I am also interested in UK mobo.
Mark
Lego
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Lego »

David Neel wrote:I have been informed of a small batch of N3150-D3Vs supposedly due to be available in the UK next week at a price of £95 inc. VAT. The seller is able to ship overseas, although that may be expensive.

WoW! that's a good price David count me in
I know that tune
Lego
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Lego »

Why would shipping cost put you off !!??
I know that tune
flojo

Post by flojo »

2 new GA-N3050N-D2P are available in the Netherlands https://www.bol.com/nl/p/gigabyte-ga-n3 ... gLH8vD_BwE
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Lego wrote:
I would expect because sometimes people like to charge as much or more for shipping as the cost of the product itself.
The LP12 Whisperer
Lego
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Lego »

ThomasOK wrote:
Lego wrote:
I would expect because sometimes people like to charge as much or more for shipping as the cost of the product itself.
Is it not all about the end product rather than being concerned about a vendors business practice which as far as postage costs go is usually out of their control including exchange rate etc.
I know that tune
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tokenbrit »

Lego wrote:Is it not all about the end product rather than being concerned about a vendors business practice which as far as postage costs go is usually out of their control including exchange rate etc.
If only... There's more to international shipping, which can lead to a wider range of costs from different suppliers. There's also returns to consider if the 'board is DoA. And it's not like there aren't alternatives out there so, personally, I'm not prepared to pay high shipping costs if I don't think they're reasonable. If you're happy to pay whatever to get the mobo that you want then that's great - it's just not the way I like to manage my spending. To each their own.
David Neel
Very active member
Very active member

Post by David Neel »

I've been on Interparcel. It seems international shipping could be approx £20 if the cheapest option is taken. I've told the supplier this to set his expectations of what he can charge.... interestingly, NZ is cheaper than Sweden.

Returns? I'm assuming you guys will have to pay if there is a doa.

I've now got requests for 13 boards in total. I can't guarantee all (or any) can be supplied, as I estimated a total of five to the supplier. He is now trying to increase his order and I have said I'll confirm numbers in 24 hours. So, any wanderers need to shout now!

If anybody is not committed at the price and proposed delivery charges, please let me know. Otherwise I shall assume a firm order. I'm trying to arrange that everybody pays individually by credit card.
Ron The Mon
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Ron The Mon »

David Neel wrote:I've been on Interparcel. It seems international shipping could be approx £20 if the cheapest option is taken.

Returns? I'm assuming you guys will have to pay if there is a doa.

I've now got requests for 13 boards in total. I can't guarantee all (or any) can be supplied, as I estimated a total of five to the supplier. He is now trying to increase his order and I have said I'll confirm numbers in 24 hours. So, any wanderers need to shout now!

I'm trying to arrange that everybody pays individually by credit card.
David,
Thank you for your sonic experiments and work on sourcing parts so far on this project, but could I bother you for a bit more info? Are you saying my final cost of buying one board and shipped to the Detroit area would (approximately) be £95+£20=£115? If so, put me down for one.

If you could check the weight and size I'd be interested in three if the shipping remained £20 for three. To complicate matters, I am 10 minutes away from Tom O'Keefe and I'm sure he wouldn't mind saving a few bucks bundling shipping. I don't mind putting everything on my credit card and shipping to Overture Audio to simplify things on your end. If any other Detroiters (Overture customers) want to chime in, post here and commit (we can figure out payment upon delivery).

Thanks,
Ron
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

I'm partially answering for David but also for myself. The price to the US should be less than that as there should not be VAT. I'm not totally up on current VAT rates but would guess it would bring it down to £80 or below so more like £100 total. I would definitely be fine having my board combined with the three for Ron if that saves some shipping. Otherwise direct is fine too.
The LP12 Whisperer
David Neel
Very active member
Very active member

Post by David Neel »

Wow! I never thought it would be this complicated....

1. The supplier is very helpful, but they are a small business who do not try to sell internationally. Consequently they are currently working out how to reclaim VAT for overseas deliveries, and getting shipping quotes. This is the reason for the approximations on cost, and I trust that nobody is price-sensitive to such a degree that a reasonable variation on the estimates would be an issue. I know we will all be paying slightly more than Amazon would charge, but Amazon don't have stock.
2. I am very reluctant to act as a formal intermediary. I think it is better for each of you to pay direct (possibly by paypal, although I'm asking for credit card) so that the commercial contract is with the supplier. Thus any DOA problems would not involve me, you will have to ship back to the supplier.
3. I have been asked to supply actual delivery addresses to enable accurate delivery quotes. For what it's worth I've checked on Interparcel and think that <£10 delivery will apply within the UK, and approx £20-25 overseas. Please remember that is my estimate, not theirs, but I have shared this with them to set expectations. Additional cost for multiple boards to one address appear to be low (mainly insurance).
4. Initially the supplier confirmed availability of 5 motherboards, then 12 have been confirmed today. That is still 5 short of the current requests(!), so I will confirm tomorrow whether they have secured some more.

So I am proceeding on the basis that we are all committed to these requests. IF THIS IS NOT THE CASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.

PLEASE PM ME RATHER THAN POSTING ON THIS THREAD.