GIGAPORT HD/HD+

A DIY digital music streamer with exceptional performance

Moderator: Staff

springwood64
Very active member
Very active member

Re: GIGAPORT HD/HD+

Post by springwood64 »

After months of listening, I'm now convinced that I prefer the HD+ to the EX.

With the EX I've found myself often thinking 'I haven't heard that before' but also 'I think that's a bit loud'. My family also often ask me to turn the music down.

With the HD+, I find myself thinking 'that's a great song', and 'I think I'll turn it up'. My family often say 'I like this song' and never say 'can you turn it down'
Pete

Linn Axis, Kinki, Källa (GS308T+Amplifi HD x 2 + BJC), Boazu, Espeks
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tokenbrit »

springwood64 wrote: 2021-10-29 17:02 After months of listening, I'm now convinced that I prefer the HD+...

.. I find myself thinking 'that's a great song', and 'I think I'll turn it up'. My family often say 'I like this song'...
Definitely a plus :)
Spannko
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Spannko »

springwood64 wrote: 2021-10-29 17:02 After months of listening, I'm now convinced that I prefer the HD+ to the EX.

With the EX I've found myself often thinking 'I haven't heard that before' but also 'I think that's a bit loud'. My family also often ask me to turn the music down.

With the HD+, I find myself thinking 'that's a great song', and 'I think I'll turn it up'. My family often say 'I like this song' and never say 'can you turn it down'
Brilliant! They’re doing the “don’t analyse, just see how you respond naturally” tune method of evaluation, without even knowing that’s what they were doing. Ultimately, it’s the very best way of deciding if an “upgrade” really is an improvement.