Lejonklou vs exotic

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Ozzzy, I removed some of yours and some of my posts in this thread, in an attempt to clear things up. It just got very confusing.

HiddenSystems Ltd in Hartley Wintney stocks Kikkin. If they're anywhere near you, give them a call and see if you can borrow one.

What speaker cables and connectors are you using? They seem to be of different types, which is never good for the music in my experience. Optimally soldered K400 or K600 with Linn Knekt bananas could possibly make a big difference in your system.
Ozzzy189
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Ozzzy189 »

Yes, the treble cable is a cheap run as i couldn't afford to match the other. It's kimber 8tc and 4tc. Which isn't ideal as its on bass mids and its slightly different. I hope to get some k600 off a friend, maybe I can get it terminated somewhere? I may end up selling the kimber and taking a big hit on it's, i love it, but it's become too dear and getting some with bfa factory terminated on ebay has been immpossible.
You see my treble terminals have been inverted, is this incorrect? Never ever thought that the treble was wrong?
ADS3/SagMono/Tundra 2.2- . Totem Tribe Tower.
Lejonklou demos available in the N of England.
Ozzzy189
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Ozzzy189 »

Charlie1 wrote:Yes, that's how I remember active Ninkas, the treble was reversed. So from that starting point, you'd then for reverse all the pairs when using a Kikkin or Kairn.
Hi charlie. Did you used to have rough treble on your Ninkas with majik amps? Yours seem differently set up on the rear crossover links to mine. I have no idea what goes on now!
Even when i had stuff a bit wrong it never sounded rough. Lk stuff vs majik maybe?
Last edited by Ozzzy189 on 2011-09-25 21:01, edited 1 time in total.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Ozzzy189 wrote:You see my treble terminals have been inverted, is this incorrect? Never ever thought that the treble was wrong?
If you compare your first and second picture, you'll see that the bass connections are the same. They're all correct and normal phase.

On the first picture, your treble connection is inverted. This is also correct and normal phase.

On the second picture (your current situation), your treble connection is no longer inverted. RED on treble is above RED for the basses. This is incorrect. Swap RED and BLACK on the treble input and it's correct. For normal phase.

Just to make sure it's all correctly wired, post a picture of what it looks like at the back of your power amps.

You might also need to double check that white treble cable, making sure that RED banana in one end really goes to RED banana in the other end.
Ozzzy189
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Ozzzy189 »

Just swapped it around so it was like the other, i think it's just the coloured rings on the terminals that were wrong, but now it's the same as charlie1's.
Bloody tricky without that little terminal spanner, couldn't find the sodding thing anywhere!

Ozzzy189
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Ozzzy189 »

LK85 treble.

LK140 upper bass/mid

LK140 lower bass/mid
Ozzzy189
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Ozzzy189 »

The music seems to have 'come to life', with a real sparkle to it. Can't think why?
Is there an embarrassed smiley anywhere. I'll ring hidden systems tomorrow.
Ozzzy189
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Ozzzy189 »

All seems 'right', thanks for helping me. I really appreciate it, bloody linn stuff and active speakers! LOL
CHEERS!
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Great!!

Everything appears to be correct now. Connecting aktiv systems can indeed be confusing and Ninkas are among the worst.

The only thing I can't tell from the pictures is whether that white cable to the treble is correctly terminated. There was recently a guy with a similar problem on the Swedish Linn forum. It turned out to be one cable with the bananas having the wrong colour: Red banana in one end of the cable went to a black banana in the other end. That sure complicated things!
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

lejonklou wrote:
Charlie1 wrote:Here you go - this was taken whilst phase reversed:

All amps would have been normal, so red to red and black to black.
That sure looks right! It's connected for normal phase (no LK1, Kairn or Kikkin in the signal chain).

The thing is that the RED and BLACK plastic rings on the round "nuts" have been swapped. Perhaps in an attempt to help you when you were using a Kairn?
Thanks Fredrik and appologies Ozzzy - I never thought for a moment the photo was taken whilst I had the Kikkin insitu - forgot that I'd moved the washers to reflect reverse phase. Doh!
Per A

Post by Per A »

"Linn decided to add a label: 'reverse polarity on treble connections' "

That is almost like the British road sign:

Turn round and walk in the opposite direction

Which way is that?