Nokturne Audio - Lejonklou in the US

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

matthias wrote:OK, it seems to be better that the passive crossover is closer to the amplifier than to the speaker.
Is this due to mechanical or electrical reasons or both?
Is there an explanation why?
Is this valid for all passive speakers or only for Klangedangs?
Electrically, the filters want to be close to the amps. From filter to speaker, the optimal cable length is 2.48 m (the optimal length of K400 for any amp and speaker, it seems).

Mechanically, they like to stay away from the speakers. Inside the loudspeaker stands is probably a bad place for any type of electronics.

Mechanically, they also like a good support. So clearly better on a Harmoni shelf than on the floor.
christian

Post by christian »

lejonklou wrote: Mechanically, they like to stay away from the speakers. Inside the loudspeaker stands is probably a bad place for any type of electronics.

Mechanically, they also like a good support. So clearly better on a Harmoni shelf than on the floor.
I have my filters on the Harmoni shelf and have also placed the filters on top of two books. Don´t remember the author :) but it was an notable improvement with the books.
Kind regards
Christian
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

lejonklou wrote:Electrically, the filters want to be close to the amps. From filter to speaker, the optimal cable length is 2.48 m (the optimal length of K400 for any amp and speaker, it seems).
Mechanically, they like to stay away from the speakers. Inside the loudspeaker stands is probably a bad place for any type of electronics.
This makes sense, sorry for being a little bit harsh with my criticism.

Matt
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Nokturne Audio - Lejonklou in the US

Post by ThomasOK »

Well, I obviously haven't used this thread for a long time. You won't see me on the forum much this week as I am on vacation and generally try to stay away from most things Hi-Fi.

However, one of the reasons for taking the week off from Overture Audio was to get some work done for Nokturne Audio. Namely a completely new website I started months ago but only had a little time here and there to make progress on. The old website was done in iWeb which is no longer supported by Apple and doesn't support smart phones and tablets. It doesn't resize well and is pretty dated looking and was hard to update.

So I just published my new website at www.nokturneaudio.com I finally have the Entity and Giella listed and the new Källa as well. I had the Home page and the SINGularity and Entity pages mostly done along with the basic framework. But I just spent two full days putting the other pages together as well as writing new literature for Källa, Entity and Giella and updating the older literature I wrote in the past. Then getting all the links right, etc.

Anyway, the new site is published. I do plan to add to it in the future with a page on informational articles and copies of all the manuals and "The Reason Behind..." documents. But I wanted to get this up now to help show the world Källa and Lejonklou. I hope you like it and any concerns or corrections are appreciated.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

ThomasOK wrote: 2021-10-27 23:23 Well, I obviously haven't used this thread for a long time. You won't see me on the forum much this week as I am on vacation and generally try to stay away from most things Hi-Fi.

However, one of the reasons for taking the week off from Overture Audio was to get some work done for Nokturne Audio. Namely a completely new website I started months ago but only had a little time here and there to make progress on. The old website was done in iWeb which is no longer supported by Apple and doesn't support smart phones and tablets. It doesn't resize well and is pretty dated looking and was hard to update.

So I just published my new website at www.nokturneaudio.com I finally have the Entity and Giella listed and the new Källa as well. I had the Home page and the SINGularity and Entity pages mostly done along with the basic framework. But I just spent two full days putting the other pages together as well as writing new literature for Källa, Entity and Giella and updating the older literature I wrote in the past. Then getting all the links right, etc.

Anyway, the new site is published. I do plan to add to it in the future with a page on informational articles and copies of all the manuals and "The Reason Behind..." documents. But I wanted to get this up now to help show the world Källa and Lejonklou. I hope you like it and any concerns or corrections are appreciated.
Very nice indeed Thomas, great job!
Tony Tune-age
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Post by V.A.MKD »

ThomasOK wrote: 2021-10-27 23:23 Well, I obviously haven't used this thread for a long time. You won't see me on the forum much this week as I am on vacation and generally try to stay away from most things Hi-Fi.

Excellent Thomas, with suggestions I will come back when I go more in detailed search ...
Music First ...
Vlado
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Post by mrco99 »

Congrats Thomas, that's a great refreshment and update of your website.
Distributor of Lejonklou | Aqua | Graham Audio | Klangedang | NOKTable | Ophidian | The Wand
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

By the way Thomas, will there eventually be some pictures of the Harmoni equipment racks as well?

www.nokturneaudio.com
Tony Tune-age
markiteight

Post by markiteight »

Lookin' good, Thomas! Are you still handling Harmonihyllan?
Spannko
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Spannko »

1990’s retro website design is so next year!
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

markiteight wrote: 2021-10-28 20:37 Lookin' good, Thomas! Are you still handling Harmonihyllan?
He is still selling Harmonihyllan equipment racks, and he will be selling one to me soon. That's why I asked him if he would be posting pictures of the Harmoni racks on his website, because his previous website did have pictures.

Cheers
Tony Tune-age
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Thanks for the comments, although is my site really 90s? I've never been a big fashion guy but I suppose the lack of things that move around might make it less current. I considered having three photos cycle on the main page but after doing a search about them, bumping into a forum for web designers and finding they all hate that design as most viewers just find it more difficult to get through the site, I decided against using them.

I appreciate the PMs about errors. There were a number of typos on the About Us page. It was the last one I did, late at night and I typed it directly into the web program rather than using Word and bringing it over. Since the web design program doesn't spell check that didn't help either. The biggest mistake was that there was a blank page if you clicked on "LEJONKLOU". I had intended that to be a header and not a page but somebody actually clicked on it! (I hadn't.) It turns out that I can't make it not be a page in the web program I used. I thought about it and figured that a LEJONKLOU page to lead into the others was probably a good idea so I created one which I finished last night. I also redid the drop down menu to make it more attractive and clearer and fixed any spelling errors others and I found and a few minor grammar things.

The latest version went live last night. For the time being this is it unless any other errors are found. I do have ideas for an additional page or two, likely as sub pages to the About Us section, with things like downloadable Owner's Manuals, links to more reviews and some articles but I'm taking a break from that for a while.

As to Harmonihyllan, that is currently a bit up in the air. I can still get products from Anders but virtually everything has changed within the product line and the way they are constructed. Until I can get a handle on the new stuff and how it fits with what I want to do it won't be on the site and will be special order.

Thanks again all.
The LP12 Whisperer
Spannko
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Spannko »

There’s nothing wrong with retro Thomas! Personally, I really like mid century minimalism. Less is more!
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Got ya! I'm definitely into minimalism, as well (although some would say the mess in certain of my rooms augurs against that). But I have always been more for clean and simple design as might be indicated by my Hi-Fi gear, my Ekornes recliners, my Ikea record storage, my Jenaer glas tea ware and my Dansk Odin flatware.
The LP12 Whisperer
Hermann
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Hermann »

Hi Tom, nice website. Reminds me of my own when I was an distributor and dealer. Plain and simple, no frills, the information listed.

Only the oval moon on the home page makes me smile. An attempt to draw him into music and to the best systems on earth? ;-)
Trust your ears
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Hermann wrote: 2021-11-06 10:55 Hi Tom, nice website. Reminds me of my own when I was an distributor and dealer. Plain and simple, no frills, the information listed.

Only the oval moon on the home page makes me smile. An attempt to draw him into music and to the best systems on earth? ;-)
Ah, yes. The oval moon. I am trying to figure out how to straighten that out. If your window is wider that the one I used in creating the website the background elongates, if it is narrower it compresses. I am trying to figure out a way to have it not do that but my attempts so far have only made things significantly worse. One way or another I will have to address that. But if you resize your window until the moon is actually round you will see what it is supposed to look like. Who knew a simple night sky background would be so difficult?!
The LP12 Whisperer
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tokenbrit »

ThomasOK wrote: 2021-11-06 18:19
Hermann wrote: 2021-11-06 10:55 Hi Tom, nice website. Reminds me of my own when I was an distributor and dealer. Plain and simple, no frills, the information listed.

Ah, yes. The oval moon. I am trying to figure out how to straighten that out. If your window is wider that the one I used in creating the website the background elongates, if it is narrower it compresses. I am trying to figure out a way to have it not do that but my attempts so far have only made things significantly worse. One way or another I will have to address that. But if you resize your window until the moon is actually round you will see what it is supposed to look like. Who knew a simple night sky background would be so difficult?!
I was tempted to mention the white & black text colour not matching the background when it scales, but figured you'd not be over the moon if I did so... ;)
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Yet you did, anyhow. Aren't you just a little ray of sunshine! As mentioned I planet to do something about it but right now my way is milky. I am not a star at web design but am hoping my web site is more of a heavenly body in the firmament and not a black hole. Maybe I should go off and write an article on the Neptune Method.
The LP12 Whisperer
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

I am laying flat on earth laughing as I dont see planets on the firmament but only lights that sing a song of creation ;)
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tokenbrit »

ThomasOK wrote: 2021-11-06 21:22 Yet you did, anyhow. Aren't you just a little ray of sunshine! As mentioned I planet to do something about it but right now my way is milky. I am not a star at web design but am hoping my web site is more of a heavenly body in the firmament and not a black hole. Maybe I should go off and write an article on the Neptune Method.
My post wasn't meant to send the Mercury soaring - it's not like I said there were a galaxy of issues... I'm sure people will gravitate to your website as it is - it certainly eclipses the previous one already... I hope it's not an astronomical effort to unEarth a fix - call me a lunatic, but I bet it'll dawn on you soon enough to find that stellar improvement, and you can sunset the old site.