lejonklou power-amp?

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

kgriedl

lejonklou power-amp?

Post by kgriedl »

Hi!

Haven´t written anything here for ages now, but I´m finding myself more and more intrigued by Lejonclou products. My question is if there will ever a Lejonclou power-amp? Since there alreday are two phonostages and a pre-amp, it would really make sense, at least in my mind, with power-amp to complete the chain of amplification. Unless you are working on some sort of source? :D
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Re: lejonklou power-amp?

Post by Tony Tune-age »

kgriedl wrote:My question is if there will ever a Lejonclou power-amp? Since there alreday are two phonostages and a pre-amp, it would really make sense, at least in my mind, with power-amp to complete the chain of amplification. Unless you are working on some sort of source? :D
Lejonklou, were you working on another line-level preamplifier design :?:
Tony Tune-age
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

You have a point, kgriedl, that a poweramp (or two) would be a logical step towards a more complete chain of amplification.

Ideally, I'd like to make both an inexpensive and no-so-powerful amp that is really musical and a brutally powerful and great sounding monster amp.

I'm doing my best to make them happen. They need to be great value for money, though, and that's a challenge. I can't plan ahead what to release and when, as it all depends on how successful the development work is.
kgriedl

Post by kgriedl »

Interesting! I´ll be looking forward to hearing more about this soon. Do you think it will be possible to fit a power-amp into the same box as your other products?
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Ha ha!

Everytime I'm asked: "When will you release an X?"
and I reply: "I don't know",
I always get the reply: "Great news! When can I hear it?"
:lol:

To answer your question, I do wish that a power amp could be housed in a Kikkin-size box. It's not easy, though.
kgriedl

Post by kgriedl »

lejonklou wrote:Ha ha!

Everytime I'm asked: "When will you release an X?"
and I reply: "I don't know",
I always get the reply: "Great news! When can I hear it?"
:lol:

To answer your question, I do wish that a power amp could be housed in a Kikkin-size box. It's not easy, though.
That's only because we have such high expectations! Take it as a compliment, Fredrik. Personally I would love to have a system that not only sounds great, but also costs much less than certain other manucfaturers and on top of all comes from my beloved Uppsala :D

I'm thinking LP12+Slipsik+Kikkin+Kikkback(?)+Katan :roll:
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Kikkback? Shouldn't that be the Kikk*ss - at least for the big one?
pär

Post by pär »

To answer your question, I do wish that a power amp could be housed in a Kikkin-size box. It's not easy, though
maybe one kikkin mono box for each channel :)
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

pär wrote:
To answer your question, I do wish that a power amp could be housed in a Kikkin-size box. It's not easy, though
maybe one kikkin mono box for each channel :)
Hmmm, that would be a logical approach... 8)
Last edited by Tony Tune-age on 2010-04-11 21:53, edited 1 time in total.
Tony Tune-age
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Well, not necessarily logical.

The objective in this case is to make a small amp with a small price, limited power but great sound quality. A mono design will double the power (which in reality means you can play a bit louder) and also double the price. Not so good.

A stereo amp convertible to mono is something I'd like. But it seems darn difficult to optimise both the stereo and the mono configuration of it. :?
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

lejonklou wrote:Well, not necessarily logical.

The objective in this case is to make a small amp with a small price, limited power but great sound quality. A mono design will double the power (which in reality means you can play a bit louder) and also double the price. Not so good.

A stereo amp convertible to mono is something I'd like. But it seems darn difficult to optimise both the stereo and the mono configuration of it. :?
That is a lot to consider, but definitely sounds like a fun and interesting process :!:
Tony Tune-age
rowlandhills
Very active member
Very active member

Post by rowlandhills »

What about a single "Power supply" unit, feeding 1, 2,3,4, 5 or 6 channels in individual boxes? Better on the price front, and gives a lot of flexibility on configuration.

Would probably need to be combined with the hoped for Lejonklou "Aktiv Tunebox" though, unless designed to take Chakra aktiv cards in the individual amp channels....
KRDSM, Tundra to 242s
Silvers, K400, Hutter rack
TomBK

Post by TomBK »

Hmmmm, seems most people here are looking for a discount Solo... :mrgreen:

Cheers
Tom

The Linn Forum is bust, just had to do something... :roll:
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

TomBK wrote:The Linn Forum is bust, just had to do something... :roll:
Hello TomBK, welcome to the Lejonklou Forum 8) .
Tony Tune-age