A Newbie looking for suggestions

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

u252agz
Very active member
Very active member

Re: A Newbie looking for suggestions

Post by u252agz »

Enjoy the Kalla - you’ve started right at the top with your digital source and your reaction on first hearing it must have been priceless.

You probably don’t have to do too much at all , but the recommended set up on the Kalla section of the forum keeps on improving the music - hard to believe but true.

When you feel you want to push it even further , the advice on the forum on everything from interconnects to speaker cables , power strip set up is very valuable and each one keeps on improving the musicality.

Kikkin is supposed to be a great little preamp and the more recent Lejonklou preamps are nothing short of amazing - worth exploring when you are ready for a significant upgrade.

Speakers may be the least important and most subjective but worth getting one that you are really happy with.

If you do listen to vinyl and ever get the opportunity of acquiring a well set up LP12 ( even a Majik level) - go for it . It’s a huge uplift from the Rega turntables

Enjoy your music .
Kalla/Sag M/Tun M3/242/LP12/Slip7

Kalla/Giella Pi/JBL308/RS2e

Majik LP12/Boazu/110s
ljknewbie

Post by ljknewbie »

Defender wrote: 2023-11-20 15:15 Good to hear you are happy ... but that was expected.
The Hakai springwood 64 is referring to is also used as a source instead of the Källa - some would maybe even say that the Hakai development was the first step/approach in later developing the Källa.

Please make a picture of yourself when you first connect the Tundra and the T+A´s and share it with us here - I am smiling already. The Tundra might even make you question the source first concept ... its that good.
@ springwood64 I am sure you are in for a treat. The Källa has become my default source for music since I installed in on Sunday. Earlier it was vinyl on my Rega and I streamed music only for convenience when I had guests.

@Defender Now I am really curious :). I do intend to connect my T+A to the tundra and try it. But I assumed the synergy might be better with the Kans. Let's see how it goes.
Last edited by ljknewbie on 2023-11-21 11:15, edited 1 time in total.
1: ARC VSi75/Rega P6 (Ania Pro MC)/Entity/mdsm3/Kan II

2: Tundra/SK/Källa/T+A S 2100 CTL
ljknewbie

Post by ljknewbie »

u252agz wrote: 2023-11-21 03:50 Enjoy the Kalla - you’ve started right at the top with your digital source and your reaction on first hearing it must have been priceless.

You probably don’t have to do too much at all , but the recommended set up on the Kalla section of the forum keeps on improving the music - hard to believe but true.

When you feel you want to push it even further , the advice on the forum on everything from interconnects to speaker cables , power strip set up is very valuable and each one keeps on improving the musicality.

Kikkin is supposed to be a great little preamp and the more recent Lejonklou preamps are nothing short of amazing - worth exploring when you are ready for a significant upgrade.

Speakers may be the least important and most subjective but worth getting one that you are really happy with.

If you do listen to vinyl and ever get the opportunity of acquiring a well set up LP12 ( even a Majik level) - go for it . It’s a huge uplift from the Rega turntables

Enjoy your music .
Thank you u252agz.

I have a Kikkin which is still packed waiting for the Tundra. I will definitely adding this to the chain once I receive the amp.

The only upgrade I think I will need in the near future is the Super Kikkin or Sagatun as I need min 2 source inputs (Entity and Källa), but that's for a later date.

The LP12 is too expensive a product for me right now and comes with in own complications regarding intallation/setup and service in India.

I will post my question regarding Källa setup on the relevant forum.
1: ARC VSi75/Rega P6 (Ania Pro MC)/Entity/mdsm3/Kan II

2: Tundra/SK/Källa/T+A S 2100 CTL
Gammaboy*

Post by Gammaboy* »

PM sent.
Mitmu

Post by Mitmu »

ljknewbie wrote: 2023-11-21 07:53
u252agz wrote: 2023-11-21 03:50 Enjoy the Kalla - you’ve started right at the top with your digital source and your reaction on first hearing it must have been priceless.

Enjoy your music .
Thank you u252agz.

I have a Kikkin which is still packed waiting for the Tundra. I will definitely adding this to the chain once I receive the amp.

The only upgrade I think I will need in the near future is the Super Kikkin or Sagatun as I need min 2 source inputs (Entity and Källa), but that's for a later date.

The LP12 is too expensive a product for me right now and comes with in own complications regarding intallation/setup and service in India.

I will post my question regarding Källa setup on the relevant forum.
Superkikkin is a fantastic option, highly recommended!
Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 40th-SuperKikkin-Kalla-Tundra 2.5