Lejonklou and Harbeth?

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

mbabst

Re: Lejonklou and Harbeth?

Post by mbabst »

Just found out, Apple TV now has wireless audio sync. Could definitely work then.
Linn Selekt DSM - LP12/Kore/A Radikal/Akito 1/Adikt/Slipsik 7 - Harbeth C7 ES3XD
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

mbabst wrote: 2021-06-13 14:39 But will it be lip-synced? Usually when playing video content via HDMI to the TV and sound via Airplay, then sound via Airplay has a noticable delay. Tried that with my old DS.
That's because of the DS. With Källa lip-synch isn't a problem.
snatex

Post by snatex »

Those that have used Harbeth speakers with Lejonklou components have you found Linn k400 speaker cable to be a good match? Any other recommendations?
LP12 / Entity / Sagatun Monos / Tundra Monos / Harbeth M30.1 / Rythmik E22's
willem kuis

Post by willem kuis »

No, I have no experience with Linn k400

I use the relatively cheap “tinned copper” Duelund DCA16GA cabling. To me they have a lot of “tone” and thus sound very musical. I am happy with them, so no reason to swap to Linn.

Here’s an interesting read about them: https://positive-feedback.com/audio-dis ... es-part-1/
Källa 1.0 # Sagatun 1.7 # Tundra 2.5 # Spec RSA 901-EX # Harbeth Super HL5+XD # REL Strata III
markiteight

Post by markiteight »

snatex wrote: 2021-09-30 22:14 Those that have used Harbeth speakers with Lejonklou components have you found Linn k400 speaker cable to be a good match? Any other recommendations?
Be mindful that the idea of matching cables to equipment and trying to use the cables to compensate for any deficiencies in the equipment is a hi-fi concept and will always end in failure. When using the tune method to evaluate components, cables included, they are either better or worse, regardless of what equipment is being used. And when it comes to speaker cables, nothing has topped K400 yet.
willem kuis wrote: 2021-10-01 17:30 No, I have no experience with Linn k400

I use the relatively cheap “tinned copper” Duelund DCA16GA cabling. To me they have a lot of “tone” and thus sound very musical. I am happy with them, so no reason to swap to Linn.

Here’s an interesting read about them: https://positive-feedback.com/audio-dis ... es-part-1/
I encourage you to try a properly configured pair of split K400. They're cheap and will likely show your Duelunds their heels. The idea that tone and musicality are inextricably linked is not true. This was proven about a year ago when I borrowed a set of upgraded main drivers for my speakers from Zu. They claimed that the new drivers had "denser, more fleshed out tone." I posted clips comparing the standard and upgraded drivers in the Playground thread and the vote was unanimous: the upgraded drivers with "denser tone" were less musical.
mbabst

Post by mbabst »

Duelund Dual 12 AWG is a great match with my Harbeth 7ES-3 XD. A killer speaker by the way!
Linn Selekt DSM - LP12/Kore/A Radikal/Akito 1/Adikt/Slipsik 7 - Harbeth C7 ES3XD
fredrik

Post by fredrik »

lejonklou wrote: 2021-06-13 20:17
mbabst wrote: 2021-06-13 14:39 But will it be lip-synced? Usually when playing video content via HDMI to the TV and sound via Airplay, then sound via Airplay has a noticable delay. Tried that with my old DS.
That's because of the DS. With Källa lip-synch isn't a problem.
Please share more details about lip sync.
How will Apple TV know about the delay in Källa over airplay to sync the picture? Is it a two-way protocol?
jajo

Post by jajo »

fredrik wrote: 2021-10-26 09:18 Please share more details about lip sync.
How will Apple TV know about the delay in Källa over airplay to sync the picture? Is it a two-way protocol?
Yes, it is a two way protocol.

I have shared my experiences with Apple TV and Källa here: https://www.lejonklou.com/forum/viewtop ... 502#p60502
mbabst

Post by mbabst »

I have the oportunity to buy either

1) a ex-demo Tundra 2.5 (2000 Euros)
2) a ex-demo Boazu (2200 Euros)
3) 2 ex-demo Tundra 2.2 Monos (3300 Euros for pair)

What would be your choice?

I‘m still not sure if I should go the Boazu or the Tundra/Sagatun route. Something tells me to go Boazu now and save for the Källa. This combination might be better than a Klimax/Full Mono setup. So its getting really expensive to bettee Boazu/Källa.
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

you should go the Boazu route and tell me who is selling the Tundra Monos ;)

… it depends what money you have available and what kind of system you would like to build.
If you have no Lejonklou product right now and look at buying the Källa down the road you probably get indeed the best from Boazu and buying the Källa for the money selling the Klimax.
Going full Sagatun Mono and Tundra mono gets expensive but … is nice … and probably leaves no money left for Källa.

Using the Klimax with DVC is the least choice for me so Tundra Stereo or Tundra Mono are off.
But hear what others recommend.

uups didnt see you dont have a Klimax but the ADSM and AV … than even more Bozu.
David Neel
Very active member
Very active member

Post by David Neel »

I would suggest that a Lejonklou preamplifier (including the Boazu section) is always going to be more musical than a DVC. And that Källa will be more musical than any Linn streamer - strong words I know, but I have heard DSM Organik and preferred the LP12 (with Radikal/1), whereas my own very similar LP12 is less musical than Källa. And that Tundra Monos make most sense when you already have Sagatun Monos. You need the Boazu and Källa...

Or very deep pockets!
The search for knowledge is not nourished by certainty, but by a radical distrust in certainty
mbabst

Post by mbabst »

Hi guys, thank you all. I‘ll go the Tundra/Sagatun Stereo route and possibly Källa later. It takes me a little longer on my journey to Källa but it might be worth it. This combination is more fexible especially with the two outputs of Sagatun. It‘s way easier to integrate a Subwoofer pair this way. And I‘m pretty sure my Lp12 > Slipsik> Akurate DSM/3 Katalyst > Tundra 2.5 Stereo combination is no slouch either.
Tendaberry
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tendaberry »

mbabst wrote: 2021-11-29 09:12 And I‘m pretty sure my Lp12 > Slipsik> Akurate DSM/3 Katalyst > Tundra 2.5 Stereo combination is no slouch either.
I'm absolutely convinced, that the Tundra Stereo will be a major upgrade on the 5125.
mbabst

Post by mbabst »

My Tundra Stereo 2.5 arrived yesterday. Well it definitevely is a big improvement over the 5125. I had to turn up the level on the Linn by 5-7 as expected. It is so much more musical and the clarity is stunning.
snatex

Post by snatex »

Bought a pair of Harbeth 30.1’s as a possible upgrade on my Ninkas. I have bought several other speakers over the years as possible upgrades and none have impressed me enough to unseat my Ninkas. The Harbeths definitely express more detail and nuance in vocals and instruments. The Harbeths are very accurate and have a great tone. On the Harbeths the musicians seem to play and sing better. They seem to be a very good match with the Lejonklou Sagatun and Tundra Monos. The Ninkas are a bit more open and also have a more visceral bass which can really drive PRAT and musical enjoyment. I’ve also had the Ninkas for a long time so that is what I’m used to. The Harbeths are really growing on me though. The things that they do well are intoxicating.
Discodave
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Discodave »

Great to hear. As you have no qualms in seeking out and trying new speakers perhaps you should throw a few quid at the JBL 308s. If you don't like them you will get them sold on this forum in minutes!!!

I got mine for £235 and I know others on here who got them for sub £200.

To put into perspective, I am now getting ready to sell my Majik 109s and Tundra 2.0.
LP12, Lingo 3, Cirkus/Kore, Tramp 2, Basik Plus Ania, Linto
Majik Ds, Kisto, Tundra 2.0, Majik 109
snatex

Post by snatex »

Discodave wrote: 2021-12-30 13:36 Great to hear. As you have no qualms in seeking out and trying new speakers perhaps you should throw a few quid at the JBL 308s. If you don't like them you will get them sold on this forum in minutes!!!

I got mine for £235 and I know others on here who got them for sub £200.

To put into perspective, I am now getting ready to sell my Majik 109s and Tundra 2.0.
I already bought a used pair of 305s for $120 and are using them in my office. :)