Lejonklou in a dual use music and HT system

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

snatex

Lejonklou in a dual use music and HT system

Post by snatex »

I would love to hear from any members that are using Lejonklou products in a dual use music and movies system. I think you could run the front speaker outputs from an AV processor into a Sagutan input and connect subs by LFE from the AVP and high level from the Tundra. The only issue I see is dual volume control on movies because I don't think the Sagutan has a HT bypass input with fixed volume. But maybe I'm wrong. I guess you could also use a different brand preamp with a Lejonklou power amp too. Thinking about this stuff gives me tired head. If you are making it work please share how you like it and any pros and cons. Please post a pic of your system too. Thanks.
LP12 / Entity / Sagatun Monos / Tundra Monos / Harbeth M30.1 / Rythmik E22's
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Lejonklou in a dual use music and HT system

Post by ThomasOK »

I am not running a system like that but the Lejonklou Sagatun preamps do have a HT bypass option. It is accessed by holding down the SRC/MUTE button when the unit is powering up which then makes input 4 a unity gain pass-through.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
snatex

Post by snatex »

ThomasOK wrote: 2021-04-13 23:38 I am not running a system like that but the Lejonklou Sagatun preamps do have a HT bypass option. It is accessed by holding down the SRC/MUTE button when the unit is powering up which then makes input 4 a unity gain pass-through.
Whoa! That is great news! I didn't know that. Now I have a plan for my next preamp when I upgrade my Kisto. Anyone here using that feature?
macrotech2
Very active member
Very active member

Post by macrotech2 »

Yes, I have done. Worked a treat when I was using an Oppo 205 as a processor and sending the front outs to the Sagatun Monos.
Källa/Sagatun Mono Tarandus/Tundra Mono 3/Avalon Idea Mk2
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sunbeamgls »

I'm using 4x Tundra Stereos in my active music / AV system. I don't have the pre-amp issue as the surround processing is done inside the Akurate EDSM.
KSH/0; KEBox/2; 3x Tundra Stereo 2.5; PMC fact.12. Blogger. Exakt Design. SO measuring.
dasher

Post by dasher »

snatex wrote: 2021-04-14 01:20
ThomasOK wrote: 2021-04-13 23:38 I am not running a system like that but the Lejonklou Sagatun preamps do have a HT bypass option. It is accessed by holding down the SRC/MUTE button when the unit is powering up which then makes input 4 a unity gain pass-through.
Whoa! That is great news! I didn't know that. Now I have a plan for my next preamp when I upgrade my Kisto. Anyone here using that feature?
What are you think of using as the Processor?

My needs would require 5 channel analogue audio (for the SACD on multi channel) and its not easy to find something (new). The pre 2017 Anthems are on my list but that's as far as I've got so far. Conservation of the Kisto is paramount! Oppo players are an option, processing on board and then feeding out over hdmi but even they are getting on a little now and the lasers will likely have been well used (although at least they are available).
snatex

Post by snatex »

dasher wrote: 2021-04-14 21:11
snatex wrote: 2021-04-14 01:20
What are you think of using as the Processor?

My needs would require 5 channel analogue audio (for the SACD on multi channel) and its not easy to find something (new). The pre 2017 Anthems are on my list but that's as far as I've got so far. Conservation of the Kisto is paramount! Oppo players are an option, processing on board and then feeding out over hdmi but even they are getting on a little now and the lasers will likely have been well used (although at least they are available).
I am currently using an Emotiva MC700 processor and running the analogue outs for each channel into the Kisto.
dasher

Post by dasher »

Interesting - thanks!
snatex

Post by snatex »

Does the Boazu offer this feature too?
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

snatex wrote: 2021-04-19 19:35
Does the Boazu offer this feature too?
I'm pretty positive it doesn't. On the Sagatuns it makes Input 4 a pass through. Since the Boazu doesn't have selectable inputs that couldn't be done and setting them all to 80 could cause serious unintended consequences.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.