Boazu and LS3/5A ?

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

Cato

Boazu and LS3/5A ?

Post by Cato »

Hello everyone.

I have been following Lejonklou since I first came across the brand at one of the Windsor (UK) HiFi shows some years ago. I recall a very musical system with some totem stand-mount speakers.

I use the Falcon LS3/5As (15 ohm gold badge) version of the old shoeboxes and am on the lookout for a new integrated. The Boazu is very much on my list and hence I wonder if anyone has any experience of this combo? Whilst unlikely, the Dutch distributor (Hexagon?) is also the distributor for the Graham LS3/5 and LS3/5A iterations and perhaps someone has had a chance to listen to a similar pairing?

Whilst only 83db or so, the speakers have high impedance and an easy load for any amp - the fact I live in an apartment means I can't really blast anything. My room is about 3.5X5 meters, speakers firing across the room.

Any thoughts would be most welcome, including UK availability which I understand may be experiencing some snags at present.

Happy Easter to all.

C.-
TMV

Re: Boazu and LS3/5A ?

Post by TMV »

I have Boazu and T1 (https://klangedang.se/t1.html) with 84dB & ~6ohm in a slightly larger room and it works very well. So if you don't want to play extremely loud I think Boazu will make you happy.
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Post by mrco99 »

Hi Cato!

Graham Audio has a BBC license to produce both the 3/5A - 11Ω, 83dB SPL (2.83V, 1m) and its true origin the 3/5 - also 83dB SPL (2.83V, 1m) but a 9Ω design. Both play really well with Boazu so I think it should drive your Falcons quite well too.
Distributor of Lejonklou | Aqua | Graham Audio | Klangedang | NOKTable | Ophidian | The Wand
Cato

Post by Cato »

Many thanks to you both - seems promising. I look forward to getting a chance to audition the Boazu in the UK when the Brexit clouds part
redwoodaudio

Post by redwoodaudio »

I have Graham LS5/9s at the moment. Just hooked up the Tundra stereo amp to drive them last night (found one used), and it had no problem driving them well past comfortable listening levels. I was surprised and relieved!