QLN Prestige Three + Boazu

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

tby

QLN Prestige Three + Boazu

Post by tby »

Hello,

I'm new to Lejonklou and stumbled upon the brand in my quest for finding a new amplifier for my living room system. I am very eager to get a demo of Lejonklou amplifiers and see if it is a fit for me. My plan is to start with the integrated Boazu amplifier and if I like it move up the line to separates if that makes sense.

For my question, will it drive QLN Prestige Three to satisfactory listening levels? This is for my living room system which is used for both TV and music.

Cheers,
Tobias
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Re: QLN Prestige Three + Boazu

Post by lejonklou »

Hi Tobias and welcome to the Forum!

I like the look of that speaker, the angle backwards is eye-catching. I want to hear it!

To answer your question, I'd say you need to try it in practice. The living room size has an impact but more importantly your idea of what a satisfactory listening level is. The power required can easily vary with a factor of ten from one listener to the next.
Kantata Audio

Post by Kantata Audio »

Hi Tobias,

Fredrik may remember he and I setting up a pair of Kudos Titan 707s at Kantata Audio using a Boazu!

I raised an eyebrow at the time, but it worked extremely well and confirms Fredrik's point that you need to try it and see.

I suspect that you may not be based in Ireland, but if you are, or even the UK, let me know and we'll see if something can be arranged for you.

John.
Kantata Audio - Lejonklou | Kudos | Innuos

email sales@kantata-audio.co.uk
tel +044 2892607882
tby

Post by tby »

Thank you both for your replies. I ended up just placing an order at https://www.ågrens.se/ so now I'm eagerly waiting to try it out.
Kantata Audio

Post by Kantata Audio »

Excellent, Tobias!

I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Please let us know what happens!

John.
Kantata Audio - Lejonklou | Kudos | Innuos

email sales@kantata-audio.co.uk
tel +044 2892607882
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

87.5dB 1 watt 1 meter isn't too bad efficiency wise and the speaker certainly does look interesting. I think you will quite enjoy the pairing. Let us know.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
KalleW

Post by KalleW »

Yes, this is very interesting for me as well, please let us know how you like them together.
LP12/TA Phoenix/TP Javelin/DV XX2/Lingo 2/Entity/Primaluna evo400/Trenner & Friedl Art/Rel s510
KalleW

Post by KalleW »

What's your thoughts on the QLN P3?
LP12/TA Phoenix/TP Javelin/DV XX2/Lingo 2/Entity/Primaluna evo400/Trenner & Friedl Art/Rel s510
Robert Lake

Post by Robert Lake »

I bought a pair of QLN Singnature way back in 1989. It was my worst hifi purchase ever. They sounded terrible, clean and totally lifeless. I returned them they day after. The seller was not happy to say the least. Snearing something about Japaneese stuff about my costly Hitachi reciever. Apparently the design of these Qln speakeras was everything but tunedem.

Luckely, on my way home I decided to torture myself by visting yet another HiFi store in my hometown. I had by then visited most of them. I was not impressed. This final store for me was a Linn store owned by a very serious dealer. This was the first dealer who knew what and why he was selling various hifi stuff and could demonstrate it. The demonstration of the LP12 changed my life and budget priorities for ever.

So about Qln, I really hope the new owners have improved the construction and sound of their speakers.
tby

Post by tby »

Picked it up today. The first impression with the QLN speakers was not the best, but I will try again over the weekend since I had to try with a different pair of speakers to see what was going on.
Hooked it up to a pair of ls3/5a and just wow, got stuck listening for the rest of the night/evening and didn't think of plugging it back in with the QLN speakers, but I will try again over the weekend. One thing is clear, it is a great amplifier.

@Robert Lake - It's been a while since 1989 and if you go and listen to a pair of QLN P3 I don't believe you will be disappointed. Sounds like you had bad luck with dealers and the one that knew stuff happened to sell Linn. From my understanding, the LP12 was it back then but these days I'm not so sure? The LP12 decks I've heard have not even been close to as good as the upgraded Technics deck I'm using, but I have not heard the fully upgraded LP12 since it's not even on my radar considering the price tag is above €20.000 afaik.