Boazu pre

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

Patdel

Boazu pre

Post by Patdel »

I've heard Boazu. It's a very good amplifier.

I'm contemplating two alternatives.
1. Akurate DS Kat (also as pre)+ Tundra+ M109
2. Akurate DS Kat + Boazu+M109

Any opinions on those alternatives?
David Neel
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Boazu pre

Post by David Neel »

Boazu. It probably won't sound as immediately impressive, but It'll be a lot, a lot, more musical.

I used to have ADS/3, and 109s. The Boazu pre will wipe the floor with the DVC in the ADS, and it will make the 109s sing. Yes, I've heard that.
The search for knowledge is not nourished by certainty, but by a radical distrust in certainty
Patdel

Post by Patdel »

What do you mean by more impressive sound?
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

I have so far not heard a Digital volume control which is close to a good pre amp. Also a passive volume control sounded detailed but boring to me.
So Boazu but its not a Pre but an integrated.
David Neel
Very active member
Very active member

Post by David Neel »

Just that. If you do a quick comparison, you may be seduced by the clarity and detail which will come from using the DVC (pre-amp) section of the ADS. But you won't (or rather, I wouldn't) want to live with that for very long. The Boazu will not sound as "impressive", but you will get a more enjoyable connection to the emotional content of the music. This is subtle, but very real, and you will want to continue listening.

Or, if funds permit, buy the Tundra and a Sagatun to go with it! Oh, hang on, just get four Monos! But seriously, I've got four Monos, and if I had to drop down to a Boazu and 109s, I'd still be happy...
The search for knowledge is not nourished by certainty, but by a radical distrust in certainty
Patdel

Post by Patdel »

So the difference is so significant that it's not a good idea to begin with ADS kat + tundra and after one or two years upgrade to a better pre (Sagatun?).
David Neel
Very active member
Very active member

Post by David Neel »

You should listen for yourself before deciding. And, when I listened to Boazu, it was not the latest version... Also, don't always be thinking of the future - what you buy now may be so good that you decide to get off the upgrade train :)
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

David Neel wrote: 2021-02-19 22:05 You should listen for yourself before deciding. And, when I listened to Boazu, it was not the latest version... Also, don't always be thinking of the future - what you buy now may be so good that you decide to get off the upgrade train :)
All valid points David, +1

Cheers
Tony Tune-age