Lejonklou Tundra 2.2 Compatibility Question

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Lejonklou Tundra 2.2 Compatibility Question

Post by Defender »

its not my method neither tune dem which goes back to Linn nor the loudspeaker set up which is actually Fredrik Lejonklou‘s method

Thats the link to the tune method:
https://www.lejonklou.com/wp-content/up ... Method.pdf

Thats the link to the speaker setup:
https://www.lejonklou.com/forum/viewto ... f=2&t=4526

You didnt answer the question if you bought the loudspeakers new - anyway if they are new and have less than 200hours on them at least I wouldn’t be able to judge anything neither the loudspeakers nor the power amp driving them.
redwoodaudio

Post by redwoodaudio »

Thank you.
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

a nice cross-check how good you are with Tune Dem is the "Playground for practical listening exercises" thread in the HIFI section
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Post by V.A.MKD »

Defender wrote: 2021-05-27 22:43 its not my method neither tune dem which goes back to Linn nor the loudspeaker set up which is actually Fredrik Lejonklou‘s method

Thats the link to the tune method:
https://www.lejonklou.com/wp-content/up ... Method.pdf

Thats the link to the speaker setup:
https://www.lejonklou.com/forum/viewto ... f=2&t=4526

You didnt answer the question if you bought the loudspeakers new - anyway if they are new and have less than 200hours on them at least I wouldn’t be able to judge anything neither the loudspeakers nor the power amp driving them.
Thank you Defender for posting two links ...

Speaker set up is what I need, last night I "move" left speaker so I will re check everything from the beginning of the world ...

As a proposal ... is it possible both papers to be pinned somewhere??? Question for markiteight ...
Music First ...
Vlado
redwoodaudio

Post by redwoodaudio »

Ok, guys, an update that I'm sure you were dying to hear...

So I'd taken the Tundra out of my system, put it back in, taken it out, and finally put it back in again after getting the Bryston. I've made a few changes to the system in terms of simplicity since then, including removing a High Fidelity Cables MC1 Pro Conditioner from my power outlets and moving the Lejonklou/Bryston power connection from a passive power conditioner (Tweek Geek Dark Matter Stealth) to the now-open outlet (dedicated 30amp line with 4 nice outlets) and using a really nice power cable (Audio Illuminati). I'm open-minded about whether these changes were significant/causal or not for the subsequent listening experience. I made NO changes to my speaker positioning or sources in this time frame.

Well, I am really enjoying the stereo Tundra + Graham Audio LS5/5 combo now! It sounds wonderful with a big soundstage, lots of dynamics, etc; similar to how it sounded with the LS5/9s. Different from my tube amps in some subtle ways, of course, but not necessarily worse across the board. I did find the Tundra's power limits, however, when I played some Tibetan bell music at high volume and the deepest bass resonances caused the Tundra to clip and heavily distort. But I don't listen to that music very often so I can probably live with that.

I'm always humbled by my stereo system and how complicated the damn thing is. I'm glad I didn't give up on the Tundra so quickly and I'm going to take down the FOR SALE ad, at least for the time being. Anyway, happy ending!
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Very interesting findings. It has definitely been my experience that power conditioners and surge suppressors rob equipment of musical quality, power and control. It is very audible through Lejonklou gear. You might also want to try the Tundra with it's original power cable which is quite good (although not quite as musical as the latest one from Lejonklou) and often musically outperforms the fancier cables.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
redwoodaudio

Post by redwoodaudio »

ThomasOK wrote: 2021-06-01 21:31 It has definitely been my experience that power conditioners and surge suppressors rob equipment of musical quality, power and control. It is very audible through Lejonklou gear.
Its so strange, though, that when I had originally hooked the Tundra up with the LS5/9s (and my mind was blown!), it was with a lesser (non-stock) cable into the same conditioner...

Regarding the stock power cable, I'll try that too.
Hermann
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Hermann »

ThomasOK wrote: 2021-06-01 21:31 Very interesting findings. It has definitely been my experience that power conditioners and surge suppressors rob equipment of musical quality, power and control. It is very audible through Lejonklou gear. You might also want to try the Tundra with it's original power cable which is quite good (although not quite as musical as the latest one from Lejonklou) and often musically outperforms the fancier cables.
I support that without reservation. Heard some Naim equipment and others on power conditioner and it robbed the musicality. It might be an enhancement in the HIFI sense, but IMHO not in the musical.

Regarding the cables, I am also on Thomas side. The Tundra Stereo with a Naim Powerline cable (699€ new value) was an absolute nogo.
Trust your ears