time schedule

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

kampak

time schedule

Post by kampak »

Hi Frederik, is there a timetable for the next production batches of Lejonklou products?

last year i changed my chain a lot and after a few Lejonklou demos over the years (hamburg) the most ovmerwhelming part of the very satisfying result is the change of the power amplifier, formerly KCT now Tundra stereo. its an incredible amp, tiny 24 or so watts have an iron fist control over the whole picture!
I ´m glad Marco forced me to try it!
I wonder when the monos will go back into production?

regards, no: respect!, Karsten
Linn-Lejonklou-Kudos
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Re: time schedule

Post by lejonklou »

Thank you for this question, Karsten!

I'm very happy to read your praise of Tundra. As you have probably experienced, the modest rating is more theoretical than practical. When feeding endless static test tones into two 8 ohm loads, those 24 Watts is the lowest number you come up with at a certain frequency. In short bursts, and playing music is a lot about short bursts, Tundra can deliver a lot more. Regardless of the quantity of power, however, the quality with which it's being delivered is what really counts if the goal is to give us listeners a musical thrill.

Regarding your question, the short answer is: There is a time table, but it keeps being pushed forward by various circumstances.

The long answer is this: I had massive problems with the production of high quality cases during the entire 2020. This started already in 2019 when my three main subcontractors started making sub-quality work, likely due to one of them being sold to new owners and the other two getting new bosses. I have since given them a few more chances while trying alternative manufacturers, the main result of which is a large collection cases that are simply not good enough.

Meanwhile, sales didn't drop as I originally expected when the pandemic broke out, but instead it's risen to higher levels than ever before. So my stock has gone to zero on some products, but might still be available at some distributors and/or retailers.

Now I have two new subcontractors that seem very promising. A new small case has been made for Giella and is in production. A big case for Boazu, Tundra and Tundra Mono, same as before, is soon to be made. New factories and machines require a lot of tiny details to be worked through, though. Like the exact choice of metal sheets being used, how to make the holes, how to fold and thread the cases, the paint procedure, etc. So it takes a lot of time. And to add to the frustration, I learned that the pandemic has caused a shortage of some of the materials used. So all I can do is keep working and do my best to stock up as soon as possible.
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

time schedule Tundra Monos

Post by Defender »

there is a reason why I am also interested if your search for a new supplier of cases for the Tundra Mono was successful - do you have any news about the progress?

And I have the feeling the Entity upgrade is a byproduct of something which could also help the Tundra(s) ... Mono and Stereo to be delivered with less ports ... something you have tried already but than decided to go with a trim port?
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Re: time schedule

Post by lejonklou »

Hello Defender!

I have no news to report on the case front. Regarding the upgrade of Entity, it's not directly applicable, but perhaps indirectly. It can't replace the Trim feature, I already tried that in several ways but the automatic adjustments don't sound any good, even if they were made incredibly slow acting. The idling currents should be absolutely fixed when the music is playing. I tried making a circuit that would trim it after a period of silence, but the sensing circuit was not a success - it sounded best with it disconnected. So for the moment I see the Status and Trim features remaining as they are.