LEJONKLOU MUGS - Updated with 2nd charity donations

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

Which charity should the forum support through buying their exclusive Lejonklou mug?

Poll ended at 2020-08-31 12:40

Save The Children
50%
UNICEF
45%
International Children's Trust
5%

Total votes: 20

sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Re: LEJONKLOU MUGS!

Post by sunbeamgls »

Thanks all who took part in the polling.

I plan to contribute to the charities as follows, hoping this is OK:

Save The Children: 60%
UNICEF: 40%
KSH/0; KEBox/2; 3x Tundra Stereo 2.5; PMC fact.12. Blogger. Exakt Design. SO measuring.
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

sunbeamgls wrote: 2020-09-01 11:52 Thanks all who took part in the polling. I plan to contribute to the charities as follows, hoping this is OK:

Save The Children: 60%
UNICEF: 40%
Sounds good to me, thanks for all your input too!

Cheers
Tony Tune-age
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sunbeamgls »

The first batch of mugs are going to their owners (or, in the case of the US, to ThomasOK) on Thursday this week.

Those who have expressed an interest you have a PM, please get your payments in.

Everyone else - please help the children's charities and get your orders in soon :)

We're already at £110 paid up charity contributions.

Thanks all!
KSH/0; KEBox/2; 3x Tundra Stereo 2.5; PMC fact.12. Blogger. Exakt Design. SO measuring.
David Neel
Very active member
Very active member

Post by David Neel »

Well done sunbeamgls! Arrived today, coffee tasting better already...
The search for knowledge is not nourished by certainty, but by a radical distrust in certainty
Ianw

Post by Ianw »

Woe, woe and thrice woe.

3 mugs received but 1 smashed to bits😿

Oh well never mind it’s for charity so that’s the main thing.

Ian
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sunbeamgls »

Ianw wrote: 2020-09-07 12:33 Woe, woe and thrice woe.

Ian
Sorry about this Ian, PM sent
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

got my 2 mugs today - that was fast delivery to Germany! The mugs have been packed carefully and arrived in perfect condition ... and even more they look good. Thank you for the initiative.
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sunbeamgls »

Defender wrote: 2020-09-12 11:33 got my 2 mugs today - that was fast delivery to Germany! The mugs have been packed carefully and arrived in perfect condition ... and even more they look good. Thank you for the initiative.
Thanks for the feedback Defender!
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sunbeamgls »

The mugs are going well so far - there are still a few more available, so please get in your order as soon as possible.

An update on the charities as I made the first donations today:

Save The Children received £78 and the government's gift aid scheme adds £19.50 to this (not shown below)

UNICEF received £52 and the government's gift aid scheme adds £13 to this

So, between us, the Lejonklou forum has, so far raised a fantastic total of £162.50.

Thank you for your support so far - any more orders >>>> https://www.lejonklou.com/forum/viewtop ... f=6&t=5255
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Re: LEJONKLOU MUGS - Updated with first charity donations

Post by ThomasOK »

That's very cool. I'm glad I could be a part of it.

Since a few of my customers asked if I could get some in and forward them on I went whole hog and ordered 16. In the spirit of it being a charitable endeavor I am not attempting to make any money on these. At this point I don't know if there will be any duty on them but I don't expect so. So I should be able to get them to interested people for a little over $20.00 including shipping (depending on what shipping runs).
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sunbeamgls »

ThomasOK wrote: 2020-09-15 20:27 That's very cool. I'm glad I could be a part of it.

Since a few of my customers asked if I could get some in and forward them on I went whole hog and ordered 16. In the spirit of it being a charitable endeavor I am not attempting to make any money on these. At this point I don't know if there will be any duty on them but I don't expect so. So I should be able to get them to interested people for a little over $20.00 including shipping (depending on what shipping runs).
Not far away now Thomas - they were in Maspeth this morning.
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

The mugs have arrived! They look quite nice and all survived the trans-oceanic trip without damage. That the despite the written warnings not to drop, etc. which most US shipping companies seem to take as a request to do just that. Now I just have to figure out how to package them individually or in pairs so they arrive safely to their final destinations.
The LP12 Whisperer
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sunbeamgls »

ThomasOK wrote: 2020-09-18 16:50 The mugs have arrived! They look quite nice and all survived the trans-oceanic trip without damage. That the despite the written warnings not to drop, etc. which most US shipping companies seem to take as a request to do just that. Now I just have to figure out how to package them individually or in pairs so they arrive safely to their final destinations.
Cool! So pleased they made it all that way safely!
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Re: LEJONKLOU MUGS - Updated with 2nd charity donations

Post by sunbeamgls »

Another pair of donations made today.

Save The Children £39

UNICEF £25

Running totals, including gift aid:

Save the Children: £146.25
UNICEF £96.25

GRAND TOTAL SO FAR £242.50

WELL DONE LEJONKLOU FORUM MEMBERS!

Last orders for mugs for the time being now being taken - some who expressed an interest haven't PM'd me to place an order - please get your orders in soon! https://www.lejonklou.com/forum/viewtop ... f=6&t=5255

Thanks all.
Last edited by sunbeamgls on 2020-12-15 11:42, edited 2 times in total.
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Post by mrco99 »

Last week I received my order of Lejonklou mugs, all of them safe and sound.
Thanks Sunbeamgls and Fredrik for creating this specialty - my coffee will taste even better - and happy to contribute.
Distributor of Lejonklou | Aqua | Graham Audio | Klangedang | NOKTable | Ophidian | The Wand
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Almost forgot to mention, but I received my Lejonklou mug a couple of weeks ago. Plus, it was perfectly packaged and totally undamaged as well.

Cheers
Tony Tune-age
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sunbeamgls »

Ian
Ian now has 3 complete mugs :)
Ianw

Post by Ianw »

sunbeamgls wrote: 2020-10-05 15:12

Ian
Ian now has 3 complete mugs :)

Yes, all sorted. Thanks Sunbeam.
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sunbeamgls »

ThomasOK wrote: 2020-09-18 16:50 The mugs have arrived! They look quite nice and all survived the trans-oceanic trip without damage. That the despite the written warnings not to drop, etc. which most US shipping companies seem to take as a request to do just that. Now I just have to figure out how to package them individually or in pairs so they arrive safely to their final destinations.
Did they all make it to their end users safely Thomas?
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

sunbeamgls wrote: 2021-01-12 09:56
I noticed this a little while back then got distracted and forgot to answer. I actually still have most of them as only one person so far had me ship one and customers haven't been coming into the store that much due to the pandemic. But I will be sending out a dealer newsletter soon on the Giella and Boazu 1.3 and will include mention of the mugs there to see if I can stir up some interest.
The LP12 Whisperer
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sunbeamgls »

ThomasOK wrote: 2021-02-06 23:27
sunbeamgls wrote: 2021-01-12 09:56
I noticed this a little while back then got distracted and forgot to answer. I actually still have most of them as only one person so far had me ship one and customers haven't been coming into the store that much due to the pandemic. But I will be sending out a dealer newsletter soon on the Giella and Boazu 1.3 and will include mention of the mugs there to see if I can stir up some interest.
"stir up" some interest - I see what you did there! :)
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Well, it seems to have worked. Most of the mugs have now been placed with new owners. It turned out that one did have a chipped edge. I'm thinking of glueing the pieces in and making it a planter. I kept two for myself and after I ship out the two another customer just ordered (along with a Boazu 1.3 upgrade) I only have two left.

Thanks, Neil, for coming up with the idea and getting it going. My customers like the mugs and it is great to have helped out the children in a year when help was certainly needed.
The LP12 Whisperer