Entity MC

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Entity MC

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Hermann wrote: 2024-03-02 18:51 Hello Tony, I'm happy, that you like it. I made exactly the upgrades and it is still hard to believe how simple improvements can be achieved.
Thank you Hermann, glad you're happy as well...

Cheers!
Tony Tune-age
Winston67

Post by Winston67 »

I'm considering pairing my Rega P8 and Apheta 2 with an Entity. Does anyone have any experience with that combination? I assume there's nothing about the Rega specs that would be a problem for the Entity but figured I'd check with the experts. Thanks.
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Last week I was at my old store, Overture Audio, setting up and upgrading a couple of LP12s. At the time I also gave a listen to their new demo Rega Naia with Aphelion 2. I ran this through the Entity 1.2 and thought it sounded quite good, certainly the best Rega I have heard. It worked just fine through the Entity. I have in the past also connected a Planar 6/Ania to the Entity with good results.

All Rega MCs have the same electrical specs and recommend a loading of 100 Ohms. I used the 120 setting on the Entity and thought it worked quite well. You might want to try the 90 Ohm setting as well but don't be surprised if it is more musical at 120. The loading specs on cartridges are nominal and a lot will depend on the specific MC stage used and their characteristics such as capacitive loading, where the Entity is significantly higher than the Rega stages are.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
Winston67

Post by Winston67 »

ThomasOK wrote: 2024-05-03 19:15 Last week I was at my old store, Overture Audio, setting up and upgrading a couple of LP12s. At the time I also gave a listen to their new demo Rega Naia with Aphelion 2. I ran this through the Entity 1.2 and thought it sounded quite good, certainly the best Rega I have heard. It worked just fine through the Entity. I have in the past also connected a Planar 6/Ania to the Entity with good results.

All Rega MCs have the same electrical specs and recommend a loading of 100 Ohms. I used the 120 setting on the Entity and thought it worked quite well. You might want to try the 90 Ohm setting as well but don't be surprised if it is more musical at 120. The loading specs on cartridges are nominal and a lot will depend on the specific MC stage used and their characteristics such as capacitive loading, where the Entity is significantly higher than the Rega stages are.
Thanks - so no reason to think the combination would be sub-optimal (whether because of higher capacitance loading or otherwise)?