Entity MC

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

Bubba

Re: Entity MC

Post by Bubba »

Any idea where I can demo an entity up in scotland? I'm In the market for a new phono stage and probably cartridge too.

I've read good things about the entity and I guess the obvious upgrade from what I currently have would be a urika as have a radikal already (as they can be bought relatively cheaply secondhand these days). BUT I'm not a huge fan of putting the phono stage inside the deck and I'm intrigued by the Entity.

Also how is it with dynavektor cartridges? I've got a dv20xl which I like but is needing replaced soon, does it work well with an xx2, may consider a Krystal but haven't heard one yet.

Anybody have any suggestions?
David Neel
Very active member
Very active member

Post by David Neel »

Hello and welcome, Bubba

I have an Entity, which replaced a Urika. I'm in the north of England - I used to be in Scotland. If you wish, I'm happy to talk to you via PM or phone call, and offer some pointers. And post-lockdown you'd be very welcome to listen.
The search for knowledge is not nourished by certainty, but by a radical distrust in certainty
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Post by mrco99 »

Hi Bubba,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your interest in having a listen at Entity.

Previously I've been in touch with Struan Mackensie from Hificorner, Edinburgh and while he seemed interested at the time it was actually at the apex of the corona-virus with all shops closing down so not a good timing.
I'll drop him another line if he is willing to set up a demo for you - next to Linn they actually sell Dynavector too.

https://www.hificorner.co.uk/

Best regards from Amsterdam,,

Marco
Hexagon Audio
Distributor of Lejonklou | Aqua | Graham Audio | Klangedang | NOKTable | Ophidian | The Wand
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Post by mrco99 »

Hi Bubba,

Just got a reply from Struan from Hificorner, Edinburgh and he is happy to set up a demo for you.
An Entity is being sent his way tomorrow by UPS so just be in touch with him somewhere next week to set a date for a listen if you like.

Herewith their contact details:
https://www.hificorner.co.uk/contact

Happy to hear your feedback and listening impressions.
Distributor of Lejonklou | Aqua | Graham Audio | Klangedang | NOKTable | Ophidian | The Wand
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

Thank you both for welcoming me and responding to my query.

David I read about your experience with the entity with great interest, thanks for the offer I may well be in touch soon.

Marco if hi-fi corner were able to arrange a demo it would be amazing! I live in Edinburgh so it would be great if I could hear it locally or at least without having to travel to far
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Post by V.A.MKD »

Bubba wrote: 2020-05-28 20:35
Also how is it with dynavektor cartridges? I've got a dv20xl which I like but is needing replaced soon, does it work well with an xx2, may consider a Krystal but haven't heard one yet.

Anybody have any suggestions?
Hi Bubba,

Welcome to the Forum ... as some say, The best place on planet ... :-)

Maybe I'm wrong, I think that Fredrik Lejonklou have Krystal = Entity is Designed, made, fine tuned on Krystal = perfect combination / synergy ...
Music First ...
Vlado
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

Thanks Vlado for welcoming me & for pointing that out. Having done a bit of reading about the Entity it seems that may well be the case.

I would be interested in hearing about experiences of anyone having used it with cartridges other than the Krystal (especially dynavektor)but I'm also interested in hearing about it with Krystal as I am looking to upgrade from my dv20xl and am fairly open minded at this stage.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Welcome to the forum Bubba!

It's very cool that Marco sorted this out so quickly and that you will hopefully get a demonstration of Entity soon.
V.A.MKD wrote: 2020-05-29 10:50 Maybe I'm wrong, I think that Fredrik Lejonklou have Krystal = Entity is Designed, made, fine tuned on Krystal = perfect combination / synergy ...
I do have a Krystal on my LP12 at the moment, but Entity has been tested with some other MC carts as well: Audio Technica AT-33 and Linn Troika, Klyde, Arkiv B, Akiva and Kandid. So far I have not tested it with any Dynavector cartridges.
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

I don't have any specific experiences myself with Entity and Dynavector cartridges. However, the DV XX2 MKII and the DV 20 X2L both worked very well with the Urika which pretty closely matches one of the loading options on the Entity, so it should work well. I also have a couple of dealers who sell Dynavector, and a wide range of other MC cartridges, and they are both quite thrilled with the Entity. I don't know of too many specific Dynavector/Entity pairings but one customer is using a DV XV1S with it and is very pleased.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

ThomasOK wrote: 2020-05-29 20:16I don't know of too many specific Dynavector/Entity pairings but one customer is using a DV XV1S with it and is very pleased.
That's not surprising to me, the Entity is an excellent phono preamp!

Cheers
Tony Tune-age
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

lejonklou wrote: 2020-05-29 14:54 Welcome to the forum Bubba!

It's very cool that Marco sorted this out so quickly and that you will hopefully get a demonstration of Entity soon.
V.A.MKD wrote: 2020-05-29 10:50 Maybe I'm wrong, I think that Fredrik Lejonklou have Krystal = Entity is Designed, made, fine tuned on Krystal = perfect combination / synergy ...
I do have a Krystal on my LP12 at the moment, but Entity has been tested with some other MC carts as well: Audio Technica AT-33 and Linn Troika, Klyde, Arkiv B, Akiva and Kandid. So far I have not tested it with any Dynavector cartridges.
Many thanks for the reply. Hopefully I can get a demo arranged, it would be good if possible to try the Entity out with both the Krystal and the xx2
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

ThomasOK wrote: 2020-05-29 20:16 I don't have any specific experiences myself with Entity and Dynavector cartridges. However, the DV XX2 MKII and the DV 20 X2L both worked very well with the Urika which pretty closely matches one of the loading options on the Entity, so it should work well. I also have a couple of dealers who sell Dynavector, and a wide range of other MC cartridges, and they are both quite thrilled with the Entity. I don't know of too many specific Dynavector/Entity pairings but one customer is using a DV XV1S with it and is very pleased.
Thanks ThomasOK. That's encouraging to hear that someone's using a Dynavector with Entity and is enjoying it. Hopefully I can get a demo soon
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Post by mrco99 »

Hi Bubba,

Entity is on its way to Hificorner, Edinburgh and due to arrive around upcoming Wednesday.
Get in touch with Struan to make an appointment.

Enjoy your demo and happy to hear your listening impressions.
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

mrco99 wrote: 2020-05-30 22:24 Hi Bubba,

Entity is on its way to Hificorner, Edinburgh and due to arrive around upcoming Wednesday.

That's great news! Thanks for your help arranging this, I'll get in touch with them ASAP :)
wschott

Post by wschott »

I have a Entity on order and will be here soon.i have a Dynavector XV-1s attached to an Ekos SE. can’t wait to get it. BTW this is my first post!
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Post by mrco99 »

Congratulations wschott and welcome to the forum - sounds like a great entrance!

Did you listen to it in advance or just decided to go for it?
Either way enjoy and happy to read your listening impressions once you receive it.
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Welcome to the forum! I'm just waiting for the batch to get here from Sweden. Like many other things, shipping in the time of COVID-19 is not what it used to be. But hopefully it will be to you soon.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
wschott

Post by wschott »

Just decided to go for it! Local dealer here in St. Louis is going to let me audition them but I think I can predict the outcome of that.
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

wschott wrote: 2020-06-17 17:33 I have a Entity on order and will be here soon.i have a Dynavector XV-1s attached to an Ekos SE. can’t wait to get it. BTW this is my first post!
That's a good first post wschott, and welcome to the forum too! Be sure to report your thoughts and opinions of the Entity. It's an excellent phono preamp...enjoy!

Cheers
Tony Tune-age
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Post by mrco99 »

Bubba wrote: 2020-05-30 23:45

That's great news! Thanks for your help arranging this, I'll get in touch with them ASAP :)
Hi Bubba,

What are your listening experiences of Entity?
Happy to hear from you!

Marco
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

mrco99 wrote: 2020-07-17 21:56
Bubba wrote: 2020-05-30 23:45

Hi Bubba,

What are your listening experiences of Entity?
Happy to hear from you!

Marco
Hi Marco,

Thanks for arranging the demo for me. I must say it's a great sounding bit of kit.
Very well balanced and precise sounding with great dynamics. Quite a bit better than what I was used to hearing in my system.

The sound seemed to gradually get better over the first few days that I had it, I must say I do miss it having had to return it to hifi corner reluctantly!

Unfortunately, I realised my dynavektor cartridge had reached the end of it's life so funds being a bit limited right now I decided I needed to replace it and bought a Linn Krystal for a change.

This sounded great with the Entity so looks like I will have to wait a bit until I can make the move to upgrade, unfortunately I now know what I've been missing!
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Post by mrco99 »

Hi Bubba!

Thanks for your feedback and listening impressions.
I understand that a new cartridge is first priority but good that you had the opportunity to listen to Entity with a Krystal, happy to hear it makes a feet-tapping combination in your system.

Also thanks to Struan from Hifi Corner for their participation to arrange this demo for you on such a short notice. I would say it's only good if you know what you're saving up for ;-)

Enjoy your music collection and have a great summer!

Cheers from Amsterdam,

Marco
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

I was just informed the Entity will have a new upgrade (1.1) released soon. And it's been described as both significant and worthwhile. Needless to say, I'm scheduled to have mine upgraded soon and will eventually report back with pictures and thoughts.

Cheers!
Tony Tune-age
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

Update information about 1.1 now available at the Entity product page
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Defender wrote: 2021-02-25 22:28 Update information about 1.1 now available at the Entity product page
Thanks for the heads-up Defender...

Cheers
Tony Tune-age