Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Slipsik 2.0

Post by lejonklou »

The 1st of march a new version of Slipsik will start shipping: 2.0

A number of improvements have been made to the design. It now uses ultra low noise and distortion Welwyn 0.1% precision resistors in all amplifying stages and RIAA-filtering. Capacitors have tighter tolerances and the power supply is adjusted in a different way.

The result is more music. The 2.0 sounds significantly more in tune and is better at conveying the emotions in the music. Soundwise I would say it sounds both more precise and more relaxed, at the same time.

Slipsik 2.0 will have a new price: SEK 6800 inclusive of VAT. All original Slipsiks can be fully upgraded to 2.0 and the cost is the difference between the 1.0 and the 2.0 price = SEK 1600. This includes the return shipment to the customer. All registered owners of Slipsik will be contacted by email and the units should be returned directly to me.

Slipsik is a standalone moving magnet preamplifier that is built by hand and individually fine tuned with fixed resistors. A Slipsik takes one working day to build, fine tune and check with music.
Broccoli

Re: Slipsik 2.0

Post by Broccoli »

lejonklou wrote: A Slipsik takes one working day to build, fine tune and check with music.
Wow, you can't be making much an hour considering the price then.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Not at the moment. But I am searching for ways to make the building process more effective. So far the hand soldering of all components (which takes most of the time) has proved to be essential for the performance. The fine tuning is also vital, but it usually takes less than half an hour.

Some companies that offer soldering services think I'm crazy when I say that every resistor has to be oriented in a certain direction. :lol: Normally resistors - just like cables - aren't supposed to be directional...

I know, however, that in military radar equipment from several decades ago, the direction of "non-directional" components was precisely specified. So it appears to be more than just a hifi issue.
Azazello
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Azazello »

I'm now a proud owner of a Slipsik 2.0 and I am very pleased with it. :D I am using it with a Bonnec Timpano preamp and together they outperform my old (slimline) Kairn by a wide margin. The Slipsik should be the most important part of that equation since it is higher up in the chain.

I highly recommend it!
Azazello
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Azazello »

Frederic. I suppose there are quite a few of us Slipsik owners that are very curios on the next upgrade, the Slipsik 3.0. How good is it going to be? When will we se it? How much will it cost? AND, will 2.0 be fully upgradeable to 3.0?
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Thanks for your interest, Azazello!

I can promise that all 2.0's can be fully upgraded to version 3. Price and performance details will soon be announced.