Tunebox?

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sunbeamgls »

I think the Kiko hints that Linn might go down the digital crossover route - the ability to co hfigure to any speaker with oftware must be very attractive.

However, don't you then need a DAC per power amp/driver? Is that 10 DACs per pair of a242s?
KSH/0; KEBox/2; 3x Tundra Stereo 2.5; PMC fact.12. Blogger. Exakt Design. SO measuring.
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

sunbeamgls wrote:I think the Kiko hints that Linn might go down the digital crossover route - the ability to co hfigure to any speaker with oftware must be very attractive.

However, don't you then need a DAC per power amp/driver? Is that 10 DACs per pair of a242s?
Basically that is true - you need a channel of ADC and DAC for each channel in the Tunebox. However there are stereo and multi=channel DACs so you wouldn't necessarily need a separate DAC chip for each channel. Since surround preamp/processors have at least 8 DAC channels and also have ADCs this isn't new technology. As alway, the big question is how hard it is to keep it exceedingly musical.
Per A

Post by Per A »

Read this today and how prophetic it was!
Linn's exakt tuneboxes exist at least virtually I have still to hear one.
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sunbeamgls »

:-)

Not all my speculation is pure speculation. Surprised it was a further 12 months after my post before Exakt was announced though.

However, readers will need to speculate on what is speculation and what is not speculation.

With apologies to non English speaking members, and the effect the above has on your Google translate facility!

;-)
KSH/0; KEBox/2; 3x Tundra Stereo 2.5; PMC fact.12. Blogger. Exakt Design. SO measuring.