Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Slipsik 7.1

Post by V.A.MKD »

Hi Defender,
Music plays important part of your life, at least 25 hours in week … name it hobby or interest it is not important … It make you happy, you enjoy in music …
Follow the Entity line … MC … Be Happy even more … it's your life … enjoy it …
Don't enter in that "story" how many cents / hour … it's mathematics, it's business and don't have noting with happiness … I never look on happiness with mathematics …
All the best
Music First ...
Vlado
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

lejonklou wrote: 2020-01-25 21:15 Hi Defender!

That is a step down. If you at the same time upgrade something that is higher in the hierarchy (arm, subchassis, motor), it will be a step up.

I know many who've taken this step down (MC to MM) and the easiest way to cope with it seems to be to run the MC until it's really worn. Then, just before it starts sounding really bad and potentially begin harming the records, it will feel like an upgrade.
Thank you for the clear words: somewhere I hoped the Arkiv B is bad enough as an MC for the Adikt to have a chance ;)
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

V.A.MKD wrote: 2020-01-25 21:17 Hi Defender,
Music plays important part of your life, at least 25 hours in week … name it hobby or interest it is not important … It make you happy, you enjoy in music …
Don't enter in that "story" how many cents / hour … it's mathematics, it's business and don't have noting with happiness … I never look on happiness with mathematics …
All the best
I know what you say and to 95% agree with you ...actually your comments could come from me as advice for someone else ... but still there are limits. But for things I really want I have always found ways to talk me into it ... and than find the money for it.
maffe
Very active member
Very active member

Post by maffe »

If money was no problem then a full loaded LP12 and Singularities, but that’s not for all of us.
Looking at it in the boring numbers a slipsik and an adikt cost as much as the Entity. A kristal cost same as 6 replacement adikt styluses. So if you listens to music 25h a week the saving of using an adikt is a keel or a radikal in 2 years.
Yes I would love to have an entity and krystal or kandid, but that’s far away for me.
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

Defender wrote: 2020-01-25 22:07
All the best
I know what you say and to 95% agree with you ...actually your comments could come from me as advice for someone else ... but still there are limits. But for things I really want I have always found ways to talk me into it ... and than find the money for it.
Whilst I like V.A.MKD's encouragement, people vary in their needs. Some need comfortable running costs in order to fully relax and enjoy their music, otherwise it is often touched by some 'worry' about money. They need peace of mind first, then enjoy their hobby 100%.
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Post by V.A.MKD »

Yes Charlie1, you are right ... Peace of Mind is ... priceless.
Discussion was Entity vs Slipsik ... where for him is piece of mind ...
Charlie1 wrote: 2020-01-25 23:51
Defender wrote: 2020-01-25 22:07
All the best
Whilst I like V.A.MKD's encouragement, people vary in their needs. Some need comfortable running costs in order to fully relax and enjoy their music, otherwise it is often touched by some 'worry' about money. They need peace of mind first, then enjoy their hobby 100%.
Music First ...
Vlado
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

Thank you Charlie1 for your understanding and thank you V.A.MKD for your advice.
Usually my decisions always go with what I would like to achieve in the long run. Doing intermediate steps can buy you some time but is usually more expensive.
In this case switching to MM would probably after one or two years create the question/worry what I am missing.
Switching to MM would mean I would need an Adikt and the Slipsik which would actually be close to buying the Entity which I can use with the ArkivB I have already.

The way I plan to do it right now will be to enjoy the Arkiv B and the Linto for some more months which will buy me some time and than go with the Entity hoping the Arkiv B will still have some life to use it until a good offer on a Krystal comes up. Not really source first upgrades but sometimes smaller financial steps are easier to swallow than one big upgrade. In the end I dont have to worry that any of that money is wasted in the long run.
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

The item I am most keen to purchase new is a cartridge, unless perhaps your dealer really knows what to look for and has the necessary tools and your trust. I would rather invest in a new Krystal first and then get an Entity later. Just my 2 pence. Even if you buy ex dem from a dealer and they say it is low hours, do they really keep that much track of usage, and what does low hours actually mean? Many sales people will struggle not to give you a rose tinted guess. Much better to trade in the Arkiv for a brand new cart. Then you know exactly where u stand and have no worries.
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Post by V.A.MKD »

I think that your long term plan is excellent ...
1st step Entity,
2nd step Krystal (as Charlie1 suggest trade in with Arkiv), Fredrik use it in his top-spec LP12 (if I'm not wrong),
3rd step LP12 upgrade (as Fredrik suggest source first).
Music First ...
Vlado
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

thanks all for your tips
lets get back to the original topic which is Slipsik - I will keep you updated in the
Me an My system section
knoslean

Re: Slipsik 7

Post by knoslean »

Upgraded the Slipsik från 7.0 to 7.1. Been with it for a week. It is a tough one to review, but the impression is that the 7.1 sings just a bit more. I have mainly enjoyed several recordings from ECM that I am very familiar with. I detect that ride cymbals and snare drums with brushes hits me as more present, and electric (jazz) guitar och electric bass tones have a bit more ”egality”, a good thing in this context. The 7.0 was/is great, and so is indeed the 7.1.
LP12 | Entity | Källa | Sagatun 1.7 | Tundra 2 |  Boenicke W8
Linnjim

Post by Linnjim »

I think I have made up my mind on a Slipsik 7 for my next upgrade.
I was just wondering what the optimum cable length is from the slipsik to the pre-amp?
I'd be looking at about 6 - 8 meters.
Is this pushing it?

Also... any rumours about a slipsik 8 yet?

Cheers
Jim
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Linnjim wrote: 2020-06-11 09:44 I think I have made up my mind on a Slipsik 7 for my next upgrade.
I was just wondering what the optimum cable length is from the slipsik to the pre-amp?
I'd be looking at about 6 - 8 meters.
Is this pushing it?

Also... any rumours about a slipsik 8 yet?

Cheers
Jim
Hi Jim!

I know that 10 metres works, but it does sound a bit better with 5 metres. And 1 Metre a little better still. No dramatic difference, but rather as if the music looses a bit of energy the longer the interconnect is.

I have no plans for a Slipsik 8 and frankly not even an idea of what to improve!
Linnjim

Post by Linnjim »

Thanks for getting back to me.
After reading all the reviews and praise, I'm not surprised that you would struggle to improve on the 7.1.

Is the option to upgrade a 6.1 to a 7.1 going to be available for the foreseeable?
It would help me break the costs down a bit if I got a 2nd hand slipsik first and upgraded it when funds were available.

Cheers
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Linnjim wrote: 2020-06-11 17:50 Thanks for getting back to me.
After reading all the reviews and praise, I'm not surprised that you would struggle to improve on the 7.1.

Is the option to upgrade a 6.1 to a 7.1 going to be available for the foreseeable?
It would help me break the costs down a bit if I got a 2nd hand slipsik first and upgraded it when funds were available.

Cheers
Thanks Jim!

I currently have two upgrade kits left. When those run out, I make new ones when the next batch of Slipsik's are being made. So yes, I plan to offer it for a long time, but it may not be available at every point in time.
Linnjim

Post by Linnjim »

Suits me fine, thanks again.
Now the only question left to answer is can I find a slipsik 6 before my patience runs out and I bite the bullet on a new 7.1.
Either way I'm excited to try my first lejonklou product.
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

I hope you find what you want but keep in mind that finding a 6.1 used and than upgrade it will bring you close to buy a 7.1 new. I am sure you are going to be positively surprised with your first Lejonklou product.
Linnjim

Post by Linnjim »

I had considered this but for me the ability to, essentially pay for a 7.1 in 2 installments, is useful.
I also value the option of hearing both guises of slipsik and I get to anticipate 2 purchases as a bonus.
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Just make sure you are looking for one made for the right region. Changing the voltage requires a new transformer and power cable. Added to the upgrade price you could end up being behind in total cost.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
u252agz
Very active member
Very active member

Post by u252agz »

How much is the current UK price for 6.1 to 7.1 upgrade.

Just remembered my bedroom Slipsik is 6.1.
Kalla/Sag M/Tun M3/242/LP12/Slip7

Kalla/Giella Pi/JBL308/RS2e

Majik LP12/Boazu/110s
anthony
Very active member
Very active member

Post by anthony »

u252agz wrote: 2020-06-13 20:00 How much is the current UK price for 6.1 to 7.1 upgrade.

Just remembered my bedroom Slipsik is 6.1.
I believe its about £500 plus shipping. Sell it to linnjim, buy a new one.
Linnjim

Post by Linnjim »

certainly something I would be interested in u252agz.
Fell free to PM me if you like.
u252agz
Very active member
Very active member

Post by u252agz »

I will certainly have a think about this and pm you later today.

Slipsik 6.1 Was a huge improvement over my Gaio 1 - and v 7 is another big step up,

I think a good phonostage really makes a great turntable sing - it may be at the end of the Turntable hierarchy but boy does it make a difference.
Kalla/Sag M/Tun M3/242/LP12/Slip7

Kalla/Giella Pi/JBL308/RS2e

Majik LP12/Boazu/110s
jlrchrds

Post by jlrchrds »

So... I got my first Lejonklou piece. I purchased a used Slipsik 7.1 off the forum. Very nice indeed. I'm using it in my second system that consistes of an Rega Planar 8 with Adikt II, Majik DSM/2, Rotel RB-1050, Akurate 212s and a 221. The Slipsik certainly sounds much more musical (following instruments, detail, boggie factor) than the Linn internal MM card. I hate dealing with cabling, but I will probably need to do this for the outputs on the Slipsik (I'm using Chord Clearways now). Incidentally, the Adikt is FAR superior musically to the K5 and Audio Technica VM95E (same factors)... should be at more than 10 times the price! I'll need to record some comparative samples. That said, I really don't want to do it unless I can capture the sound properly. I don't think an iPhone will do justice to the differences. My wife has a couple of mics around, which I can connect to a laptop; it'll be a while before I'm going to do this though. We'll see. That said the Slipsik is a very fine piece of gear. Thanks Frederic. Jeff
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Thank you for sharing your impressions, jlrchrds!

I'm very pleased to hear that you like it.