Slipsik 7

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Slipsik 7

Post by lejonklou »

In the latest edition of the Norwegian HiFi magazine Stereo+, Slipsik 7.1 and Gaio 2.4 are tested.

They both get fantastic reviews.

Slipsik is graded: Flexibility 9/10, Quality 9/10 and Sound value for money 9/10.

You can read it online, pages 46-49:
https://www.stereopluss.no
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Post by V.A.MKD »

Great ... congratulation ...
Music First ...
Vlado
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tokenbrit »

'especially recommended' - v.nice :)
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

tokenbrit wrote: 2020-10-07 14:56 'especially recommended' - v.nice :)
Yes, they placed Slipsik 7.1 in their "especially recommended" category.

I am happy!
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Another glorious review of Slipsik, this time from Greece (translated into English):

https://www.hiendnews.gr/lejonklou-mode ... ge-review/

The final conclusion:
"As an analogy, the Slipsik version 7 is the aural equivalent of a crystal-clear river experience, early noon in Spring. Lejonklou Swedish Audio has designed and manufactured, a wondrous solid-state phono stage that evokes emotion, preserves excellent texture and detail, in a manner that only world-class moving magnet preamps can achieve, also avoiding the mediocrity usually associated with mid/low-priced tubed ones. Factor in the exemplary dynamic behavior, spacious imaging, rock-solid bass and triode’s-alike music flow and you’ve got a moving magnet phono preamplifier, that truly transforms your low cost cartridges to something special and extracts from the higher cost ones the last iota of emotion and agility, all together at a reasonable cost. It may well be the last phonostage you’ll ever need, especially if you are a faithful moving magnet(s) user and avid vinyl lover."
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

congratulations to another well deserved great review!
Fred11

Post by Fred11 »

Just went from Gaio 1 to Slipsik 7.1. Wow, the setup plays so good music now🙏🎸
Rest of the system is Lp12-lingo4-Karousel-kore-Aro-Adikt into Boazu and finally Jern 12WS. The speakers is really nice with the Boazu, full, natural and rythmic!
Have a nice summer!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Lovely words to read while on vacation!

Thank you Fred11. Very neat looking system.

Have a nice summer you too!
Fred11

Post by Fred11 »

Thank you, Fredrik!
carle

Post by carle »

lejonklou wrote: 2020-10-06 23:40 In the latest edition of the Norwegian HiFi magazine Stereo+, Slipsik 7.1 and Gaio 2.4 are tested.

They both get fantastic reviews.

Slipsik is graded: Flexibility 9/10, Quality 9/10 and Sound value for money 9/10.

You can read it online, pages 46-49:
https://www.stereopluss.no
I recently upgraded from Gaio 2.4 to Slipsik 7.1 (the actual review sample referred to in the Stereopluss article). I was extremely happy with the Gaio, but I have to say that the Slipsik adds yet another dimension to my "Majikurate" LP12 (Majik/Karousel/Akurate Radikal/Kore/Jelco/Adikt)
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Defender wrote: 2021-02-21 10:27 congratulations to another well deserved great review!
+1 It's another excellent review, but at this point certainly not a surprise either!
Tony Tune-age
Arjen
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Arjen »

I just installed the upgraded Slipsik 7 I bought last week from the forum. Sixth month I enjoyed playing the Slipsik 6.1, I loved it, but the 7.1 is another level, a different league, More music in a certain way. All what is said about this item at this place is true.
Having said that I don’t know how the Kalla can compete with this. But having experienced the preamps maybe every next step in the Fredrik Lejenklou portfolio is a next significant improvement too. So tak Fredrik for the good work.
Last edited by Arjen on 2021-10-12 19:53, edited 1 time in total.
Lenco 76/S TJN, Dr. Fuss, Supernait2, CD5X, Slipsik7.1, Millon Phantom, Soundeck, AudioSensibility
Olek

Post by Olek »

Hi there,
I’m using S6. How does this upgrade works? Fan You sens me some webpage?
Thanks!
Arjen
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Arjen »

Arjen wrote: 2021-10-12 12:29 I just installed the upgraded Slipsik 7 I bought last week from the forum. Sixth month I enjoyed playing the Slipsik 6.1, I loved it, but the 7.1 is another level, a different league, More music in a certain way. All what is said about this item at this place is true.
Having said that I don’t know how the Kalla can compete with this. But having experienced the preamps maybe every next step in the Fredrik Lejenklou portfolio is a next significant improvement too. So tak Fredrik for the good work.
Above was first my impression. Then in the last night the performance went down, bit thin and sharp. Worried if it was a good decision to upgrade from the already fine 6.1 to the 7.1. Then today the 7.1 seems to be back in its good form. So question: does anybody know wether there is burn-in time needed for pre-loved devices after a period of non-using? @thomas @fredrik
Lenco 76/S TJN, Dr. Fuss, Supernait2, CD5X, Slipsik7.1, Millon Phantom, Soundeck, AudioSensibility
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Arjen wrote: 2021-10-13 22:37
Arjen wrote: 2021-10-12 12:29 I just installed the upgraded Slipsik 7 I bought last week from the forum. Sixth month I enjoyed playing the Slipsik 6.1, I loved it, but the 7.1 is another level, a different league, More music in a certain way. All what is said about this item at this place is true.
Above was first my impression. Then in the last night the performance went down, bit thin and sharp. Worried if it was a good decision to upgrade from the already fine 6.1 to the 7.1. Then today the 7.1 seems to be back in its good form. So question: does anybody know wether there is burn-in time needed for pre-loved devices after a period of non-using? @thomas @fredrik
I would break down the optimizing over time of electronics, and it is very obvious with electronics as good as Lejonklou, into two categories:
1) Break in. This is the initial break in of a new component. It has to do with the various parts shifting slightly as current flows through them and as they age. This includes the wires, circuit board and solder joints, along with the parts like resistors, capacitors, transistors, diodes, etc. This process causes the musical perfromance to shift around a bit over time. While most of the break in happens within about 150 hours, more subtle variations happen over about 4 months. I believe that once these break in changes happen they are to a great extent permanent (but I could be wrong and be corrected by Fredrik as he has dealt with it more than I have).
2) Warm up. This is the warming up of a product by being plugged in and having music played through it. Equipment, even if already broken in, sounds more musical when it has warmed up and the components have reached normal operating temperatures. With Lejonklou gear, and likely others, even just being plugged and turned on in is not enough for maximum perfromance. Many have found that it is more musical yet after you have played music through it for a while. 30 to 45 minutes seems to be what you need to get the most musical results. One of my customers with all Lejonklou electronics always plays one record while doing other things before he sits down to actually listen to records. He calls it his sacrificial record. I have found the same thing to be true in my significantly more complex system.

So I would expect the Slipsik 7.1 to sound better after having been plugged in for a while so the temperatures can stabilize, and better yet once a couple of record sides have been played through it.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
Discodave
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Discodave »

I do the same additionally to warm up the cartrdige which I find plays better after a side of vinyl.

Now let's say I was breaking in a pre-amp/power amp/headphone amp - can I do this with volume at 0?
LP12, Lingo 3, Cirkus/Kore, Tramp 2, Basik Plus Ania, Linto
Majik Ds, Kisto, Tundra 2.0, Majik 109
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Discodave wrote: 2021-10-14 17:55 I do the same additionally to warm up the cartrdige which I find plays better after a side of vinyl.

Now let's say I was breaking in a pre-amp/power amp/headphone amp - can I do this with volume at 0?
I would say probably not at 0 but at a very low level where you might not even hear it.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
Arjen
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Arjen »

Hi Thomas,
Your information makes sense. Thank you!
Discodave
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Discodave »

Thanks Thomas very helpful.
LP12, Lingo 3, Cirkus/Kore, Tramp 2, Basik Plus Ania, Linto
Majik Ds, Kisto, Tundra 2.0, Majik 109
Arjen
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Arjen »

That having said, it is still hard to find the words telling what the upgrade does from 6.1 to 7.1 I5 was a Q of Olek to me in the private domain. You cannot switch every minute from 6.1. To 7.1 and vice versa. So I tried to review from recent memory. I think thE 7.1 in my set delivers more space fot voices and instruments, more precise dynamics and detail, more flesh and blood for the total. I also experienced a bit mono-ing for the stereo image, maybe more coherence and balance. Verdict, not comparing 6.1 or other phono preamps, but just an excellent pretty natural listen. @thomas @fredrik do you recognize this?
Arjen
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Arjen »

lejonklou wrote: 2019-04-26 23:21
mbabst wrote: 2019-04-26 22:59 Does the Slipsik 7 work well with a Nagaoka MP-500?
Hi mbabst!

I haven't tested the Nagaoka MP-500, it seems to be an interesting cartridge. The specifications indicate a good match with Slipsik 7 (or any Slipsik for that matter). Cartridge load and output level are perfectly fine.
Almost 4 years later Martin. Nagaoka MP 300 and MP 500 are really working well with Slipsik 7.1. An outperforming classic combination. Why look for more music if there isn’t? Might Indeed be a MC combi killer as you suggested some while ago (not to mention Slipsik 8/Nagaoka).