EVENTS

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

Kantata Audio

Re: EVENTS

Post by Kantata Audio »

Apologies for the belated post, but it's been very busy over the last few days. Below are some photos from the event
IMG_2238.JPG
IMG_2235.JPG
IMG_2232.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kantata Audio - Lejonklou | Kudos | Innuos

email sales@kantata-audio.co.uk
tel +044 2892607882
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Re: EVENTS - Anxpina Hi-Fi show is a Go!

Post by ThomasOK »

I have not been present on the forum much lately. This is due to running into a medical problem that resulted in prostate surgery and complications. I am out of the woods and good enough to do the show m, with a rest here and there, but was only released from the hospital two days ago.

Fredrik and I are at Axpona and had a very productive day getting the system tuned. I think it is fair to say that we are both pretty geeked about the music we are hearing. Once the system was grooved we took turns playing familiar music for each other that somehow we had never heard before. This system reveals levels of musical information and enjoyment unlike anything in my experience. Nuff said.

We will be in room 1422, show hours:
Friday April 12th 10:00AM through 6:00PM
Saturday April 13th 10:00AM through 6:00PM
Sunday April 14th 10:00AM through 4:00PM

The system is:
Linn LP12/Harban movingui plinth/Klimax Radikal/Keel/Trampolin 2/Ekos SE1/Kandid
Urika as a load for the Radikal
Lejonklou SINGularity mono block MC phono stage
Lejonklou Sagatun Monos
Lejonklou Tundra Monos
Quad ESL (original, also known as 57s) 61 years old
OFIL X644 stands modified for Quads
NOKTables
Harmoni racks with Mimer tops
Linn cabling

Also available fir audition is:
Linn LP12/refinished Linn rosewood plinth/Lingo 4/Kore/Trampolin 2/Ekos 2/Adikt
Lejonklou Slipsik 7 MM phono stage

Hope to see at least some of you there!
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Last edited by ThomasOK on 2019-04-23 18:58, edited 1 time in total.
The LP12 Whisperer
beck
Very active member
Very active member

Post by beck »

A retro looking system sounding great.

Have a nice show Thomas and Fredrik!
Playing cd’s…………
Ianw

Post by Ianw »

Glad to hear you are on the mend Thomas.

System promises to be a musical revaluation, I can imagine the Singularities peeling back layers of music and being reproduced by the electrostatics. Excellent speaker choice.

Would really like to hear the Singularity in the UK if the opportunity comes along.

Good luck with the show.
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tokenbrit »

All the best at Axpona, Tom and Fredrik.
Was wondering why it was quiet from Ann-Arbor - just thought you were busy, Tom. Glad you are well enough to go to Chicago - hope it's a great success; sorry I couldn't attend the event. If nothing else, the fun of listening to the SINGularities should help with your reCuperation :)
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Wohoo!

First day of Axpona has come to end and now I am knackered, as the British would put it. Perhaps partly due to the jet lag.

A more or less constant stream of visitors visited us and some were really moved by the music and fully understood what we're trying to do - to impress with the emotional qualities and the deep insight into the music, not show fireworks. Those encounters are always particularly rewarding.

Looking forward to tomorrow!
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Post by mrco99 »

I hope that you both can recover a bit as it looks like it's going to be a very busy venue.

With all the hard work done I have no doubt SINGularity will sound better than ever.

Have a great show!
Distributor of Lejonklou | Aqua | Graham Audio | Klangedang | NOKTable | Ophidian | The Wand
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Thank you Marco!

Saturday was even better than Friday. Even more people through the door, most of whom stayed longer to listen and some visitors from Friday that returned and brought vinyl they wanted to experience and share with us.

Several LP12 owners said we were probably the only exhibitor with this extraordinary turntable. Surprising, given the huge number of rooms.

Thomas excelled as always, sharing wisdom of turntable and system setup.
"Are the speakers for sale?"
"Not these, they're my own original 1958 vintage, non-refurbished pair of Quad ESL's."
"1958?? How can they sound so good? Best I've heard all day!"
"It's due to the signal we feed them with."
Source first lecture follows.
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

Good to hear you're on the mend Thomas. Glad the show was a success too.
Matteo
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Matteo »

I'm glad too, in particular for your health Thomas

M.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

That's cool!

Some good publicity there.
grey17

Post by grey17 »

"But to see and hear an original pair dating from 1958 in the room shared by Michigan dealer/manufacturer Nokturne Audio and Lejonklou HiFi from Sweden was a highlight of the 2019 AXPONA."

Pretty high praise from John Atkinson! Also good news to hear Thomas is recovering and doing well.
LP12/Karousel . Kore . Lingo 4 . Akito . Adikt . Slipsik 6
Accuphase E270 . ProAc D15 . REL 205
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Hello all and thanks for the good wishes. (Although my healing might have taken a step back after tokenbrit's attempt at humor. I'm thinking some reCumpense might be in order.) I hope I will be at 100% efficiency for the next show we do.

Anyway, we did have a quite good show, with lots of interest in the system. Half of the people knew the Quads and were glad to see them, those in the know where quite surprised that a 61 year old pair with original panels and crossovers could sound that good. Many positive comments on the sound and look of them, some current or previous owners saying they had never heard Quads sound that musical before. Imagine that! Cue system hierarchy discussion. A fair number of people telling us we were making the most musical sound at the show, including some industry people.

Then again we had arguable the most iconic turntable and speakers in the world connected together with Fredrik's wonderfully musical electronics. The SINGularity are truly even more stunning musically than they are visually, which is saying something. The connection with the performers through this system is unlike anything in my experience. Even some hardened industry vets told me it made the show for them.

We disappointed some people by closing up early Sunday, and I apologize for that. But seeing as Fredrik had to leave at 1:00 for his flight back, and Chicago was covered with a heavy blanket of snow with more coming down, I made the decision to close up as 1:00 as well so that I wouldn't be getting back home and unloading the van after midnight. I was glad I did as we got to the house at a more reasonable time and I wasn't so wiped out.

As usual, Fredrik was a ball of energy and charmed everybody he talked to. His enthusiasm for the music and understanding of what lets a Hi-Fi make music are always evident. The Stereophile write up was a surprise as I didn't even realize John Atkinson was in the room. I don't think Axpona uses different color tags for the press as RMAF does, or maybe they just hid them. I'm glad to see we made people happy with the music, that's what it is all about. So our first experience with Axpona was a very good one, and the first showing of the production SINGularity was a great success. I'm sure the first of many.
The LP12 Whisperer
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tokenbrit »

ThomasOK wrote: 2019-04-17 19:11 Hello all and thanks for the good wishes. (Although my healing might have taken a step back after tokenbrit's attempt at humor. I'm thinking some reCumpense might be in order.) I hope I will be at 100% efficiency for the next show we do.

Anyway, we did have a quite good show, with lots of interest in the system.
So our first experience with Axpona was a very good one, and the first showing of the production SINGularity was a great success. I'm sure the first of many.
Mea Culpa but glad everything (else) went well. Congrats & a continued, unbroken recovery.
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Here’s another write up on our room at Axpona with a good photo of Fredrik and the system.
http://www.enjoythemusic.com/AXPONA_201 ... /page4.htm
The LP12 Whisperer
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

A couple of images from the show (had a hard time posting these directly from Imgur just using the iPhone):

Both taken at the end of setup day. The same time as the clips I posted above.

Much thanks to Fredrik and to Simon (at the end in the photo) who drove me to Chicago and back and helped greatly with packing and unpacking the van at both ends. Without his help I wouldn't have been able to do Axpona.
The LP12 Whisperer
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Post by mrco99 »

Lejonklou Entity MC phonostage debut at X-Fi hifi show 28th & 29th of September

Happy to announce that the new and much awaited Lejonklou MC phonostage Entity will make its first public appearance at the Benelux X-Fi hifi show in Veldhoven, The Netherlands

https://x-fi-audioshow.nl/

Saturday 10.00-18.00 hrs
Sunday 10.00-17.00 hrs

We will demo Entity on a full Lejonklou Mono Sagatun & Tundra setup naturallly with a top-spec LP12 - next to an Akurate level Sondek with Slipsik 7.

Also we'll feature a CD-transport & DAC from the Italian Aqua Acoustic Quality - La Diva & La Scala.

Racks are Harmonihyllan Kompakt & NOKTables

As for speakers we'll have a range of Graham Audio on the playback end including their latest LS 5/9 floorstander.
Also on demo is Klangedang T1 with the latest v5 internal filters and the Swedish QLN Signature Three monitor.

See here for some more details - in Dutch:
https://x-fi-audioshow.nl/hexagon-audio/

Fredrik will be there together with Bryan & Dan from Graham Audio

You can find us in room 26

Looking forward to meeting up for a great musical weekend - see you there!

Marco, Fredrik, Bryan & Dan
Last edited by mrco99 on 2019-09-07 04:24, edited 1 time in total.
Distributor of Lejonklou | Aqua | Graham Audio | Klangedang | NOKTable | Ophidian | The Wand
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Sounds like a great show, Marco. I envy you being the first to hear the Entity. I hope you, Fredrik, Bryan and Dan all have a great show!
The LP12 Whisperer
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Post by mrco99 »

Thanks Thomas!
We're very much looking forward to the show and will post our updates, reactions and pictures here.

After experiencing the mind boggling SINGularity and having heard the magnificent latest version of Slipsik I find myself in limbo where Entity will take us......but I am pretty sure we're in for a treat!

Indeed I feel blessed for having this first opportunity of hearing and demonstrating Entity.
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

mrco99 wrote: 2019-09-07 04:34 Indeed I feel blessed for having this first opportunity of hearing and demonstrating Entity.
Marco,
great!

I will be there at Sunday, I am VERY curious!

Looking forward to meet Fredrik and you!

Matt
Matt

MBP / Exposure pre + power (both modified) / JBL3677
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Post by mrco99 »

Hi Matt!

Great that you're visiting us at X-Fi.
We're mutually looking forward to meet you!
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

mrco99 wrote: 2019-09-07 13:25 We're mutually looking forward to meet you!
Thank you Marco,

would be very nice if you can arrange listening to Klangedang with the internal filters on Sunday.

KR

Matt
Matt

MBP / Exposure pre + power (both modified) / JBL3677
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Post by mrco99 »

Hi Matt,

We'll be happy to arrange that and schedule a demo of Klangedang on Sunday.
Further programme details will follow.