EVENTS

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Re: EVENTS

Post by sunbeamgls »

yes, unfortunately the Wam show has been postponed until later in the year.
KSH/0; KEBox/2; 3x Tundra Stereo 2.5; PMC fact.12. Blogger. Exakt Design. SO measuring.
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sunbeamgls »

Are Fredrik or ThomasOK appearing on the Stereophile Axpona live stream today?
KSH/0; KEBox/2; 3x Tundra Stereo 2.5; PMC fact.12. Blogger. Exakt Design. SO measuring.
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

sunbeamgls wrote: 2020-04-18 18:41 Are Fredrik or ThomasOK appearing on the Stereophile Axpona live stream today?
Thanks for the question. Unfortunately nobody asked us. I didn’t even know about the live stream until the general public was given the info. I don’t know how they chose who to put on but I would expect that Music Direct and Michael Fremer both had a fair amount of input.

I tried to watch some of it when it was first coming on (although I had no intention of sitting through 6 hours of it) but once the two introductions were done I couldn’t get it to work. Checked back a couple of times and still no go.

As it stands Lejonklou, Nokturne Audio and Linn are still planning to display at the rescheduled Axpona Audio show which is planned for August 7th through the 9th in the same location in Schaumburg, IL outside of Chicago. We are still booked for the same room we had last year and are planning on demonstrating the same gear listed previously. But we also may have a new surprise. Once things are a bit clearer about this all being able to move forward I will give an update.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sunbeamgls »

ThomasOK wrote: 2020-04-19 19:30
sunbeamgls wrote: 2020-04-18 18:41 Are Fredrik or ThomasOK appearing on the Stereophile Axpona live stream today?
Thanks for the question. Unfortunately nobody asked us. I didn’t even know about the live stream until the general public was given the info. I don’t know how they chose who to put on but I would expect that Music Direct and Michael Fremer both had a fair amount of input.

I tried to watch some of it when it was first coming on (although I had no intention of sitting through 6 hours of it) but once the two introductions were done I couldn’t get it to work. Checked back a couple of times and still no go.

As it stands Lejonklou, Nokturne Audio and Linn are still planning to display at the rescheduled Axpona Audio show which is planned for August 7th through the 9th in the same location in Schaumburg, IL outside of Chicago. We are still booked for the same room we had last year and are planning on demonstrating the same gear listed previously. But we also may have a new surprise. Once things are a bit clearer about this all being able to move forward I will give an update.
Thanks for the explanation Thomas
El Mero Mero

Post by El Mero Mero »

lejonklou wrote: 2020-02-29 01:09
El Mero Mero wrote: 2020-02-28 16:36
lejonklou wrote: 2020-02-23 23:32 'Focus Your Listening to the Fifth Level' lecture. In Swedish!
Is there any chance we can get access to this lecture via a recording (youtube etc)? Or is it something that can only be conveyed live and in presence? It would be really interesting to take part of. We currently live 470km or a 5 hours and 40 minutes drive from Göteborg. So a roundtrip is a bit to far for me.
Thank you for your interest, El Mero Mero!

As I don't think anyone recorded it yesterday, I have decided to write it down and post it on this forum.

Then at some point there will hopefully be a video as well. But first in writing!
Hello Fredrik,
Any updates on this? I am quite curious.
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Re: EVENTS UK Wam Show October 2021

Post by sunbeamgls »

*Unfortunately show postponed to March 2022*

I will be at the Wam Show again this year. It is now 2 days: 2nd and 3rd October 2021

The system will be as follows:

KSH/0
Akurate Exaktbox6/1
3x Lejonklou Tundra Stereo 2.5
Koto Audio Ninkasi speakers*

Linn will also be there doing demos of KDSM/3 vs KDSM/2

* This is a DIY speaker project. A Ninka cabinet with different drivers - 4 in all which I'll run 3-way Exakt with custom Exakt filters. It is work in progress so there are PMC Twenty.22 speakers on standby (which would mean 2x Tundras). Ninkasi is a goddess of beer.

Would be good to see you there if possible.
Last edited by sunbeamgls on 2021-09-05 18:25, edited 1 time in total.
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Re: EVENTS UK Wam Show October 2021

Post by sunbeamgls »

sunbeamgls wrote: 2021-09-01 22:16 I will be at the Wam Show again this year. It is now 2 days: 2nd and 3rd October 2021

The system will be as follows:

KSH/0
Akurate Exaktbox6/1
3x Lejonklou Tundra Stereo 2.5
Koto Audio Ninkasi speakers*

Linn will also be there doing demos of KDSM/3 vs KDSM/2

* This is a DIY speaker project. A Ninka cabinet with different drivers - 4 in all which I'll run 3-way Exakt with custom Exakt filters. It is work in progress so there are PMC Twenty.22 speakers on standby (which would mean 2x Tundras). Ninkasi is a goddess of beer.

Would be good to see you there if possible.
Unfortunately, with only 4 weeks to go, the show has been cancelled due to illness in the Wam ownership team.
Hopefull we'll go ahead in March 2022.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Oh no, I'm really sorry to hear that, sunbeamgls.

Earlier this week I heard that Rocky Mountain Audio Fest is cancelled. Not just for 2021, but for ever. I really liked that show and was hoping to return one day.

I won't participate in any shows during 2021. Maybe 2022.
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Yes, the shows have been closing one by one here. First Axpona announced that they had cancelled their planned late October show. They have said that they will be moving back to their traditional April time slot and have arranged for space at the same hotel they have been using for 2022, 2023 and 2024. So they are still optimistic about future shows. Then about a week ago RMAF announced that they had to cancel their planned early October show. As Fredrik mentioned they also said they would be doing no more shows in the future. The two women who were running the show, Marjorie Baumert and Marcie Miller, have decided that it is time to do something different so they are moving on. I really enjoyed exhibiting at RMAF, especially in those years when Fredrik joined me in the room and in finding great eating places in Denver or walking downtown on a Saturday evening. Since it was such a popular show, I am hopeful that somebody else will come forward to keep the show going. They will have some big shoes to fill as Marjorie and Marcie ran a great show and did the right thing by their customers, both attendees and vendors, by fully refunding their deposits and payments. This is in stark contrast to Axpona who refused to give the vendors refunds on their room payments when they cancelled Axpona 2020.

There was also the CEDIA show, which is for industry people and focuses on various types of consumer electronics with Hi-Fi being a small part. This was held on September 1-3 in Indianapolis, IN. In the weeks before the show we received email after email from our vendors who had planned to go letting us know that they were pulling out of the show. Last week we were seeing reports of empty halls and corridors as people apparently stayed away in droves.

Here's hoping that 2022 will be what we were hoping 2021 would be - a world with Covid-19 behind us. Here in the US it is hard to be hopeful about that since the whole thing was so politicized that vast groups of people just don't think they should or need to get vaccinated. So instead they get sick and flood the hospitals. What a strange world we live in.
The LP12 Whisperer
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

Am I right that Hexagon Audio and Lejonklou will not be at the Dutch Audio Event this year?
Thanks

Matt
Matt

MBP / Exposure pre + power (both modified) / JBL3677
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sunbeamgls »

Will Lejonklou be at the show near Oslo next month?

horten hifi messe 2021
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Sorry, but I won't be visiting any shows this year.
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Post by mrco99 »

matthias wrote: 2021-10-01 15:42 Am I right that Hexagon Audio and Lejonklou will not be at the Dutch Audio Event this year?
Thanks

Matt
Sorry Matt, but indeed we will not be participating in any shows this year.
Distributor of Lejonklou | Aqua | Graham Audio | Klangedang | NOKTable | Ophidian | The Wand
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

mrco99 wrote: 2021-10-04 14:21 Sorry Matt, but indeed we will not be participating in any shows this year.
Thanks Marco and Fredrik,
so no reason for me to visit this event.

Matt
Matt

MBP / Exposure pre + power (both modified) / JBL3677
Tendaberry
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tendaberry »

Have you decided yet, whether you will make an appearance at the Norddeutsche HiFi-Tage in Hamburg on the 5th and 6th of February 2022? Dying to hear Källa...
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sunbeamgls »

lejonklou wrote: 2019-03-22 10:38 Thank you Sunbeam!

I wish I'd heard your system at Wigwam as well. It appears a lot of people were impressed.
I don't seem to have updated the thread from all that time ago with feedback from Wigwam visitors. Interesting to see the focus on the speakers, almost at the expense of noticing they have to be fed with something...

Some independent feedback from around the forums:

Lejonklou forum member u252az: "Sunbeams system was the first Exakt system I have enjoyed - worth going just for that"

CyrusUnofficial forum member hifinutt: "Gauder sounded superb . Very natural" and on AOS "my favourite was the gauder akustik"

CyrusUnofficial forum member Czechchris: "I too liked the speakers you had playing"

The Flash: "sounding nicely balanced in that system. I think the curved cabinets are very smart indeed. The blue was far less of a "statement" than I expected, looked rather smart I thought."

Nopiano: "I agree with all the praise. They were evidently extremely well set up, and the system had a coherence and balance that was way beyond what I’d expected. Easy to enjoy!"

Richard A: "I’d like to add my plus one to those comments and this was my first chance to listen to Gauder. I loved the sound in your room, possibly the most natural/unforced of them all. I don’t need more speakers but I’d buy those in a heartbeat if I did. GLWS those are a bargain."
Discodave
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Discodave »

Congrats lad!
LP12, Lingo 3, Cirkus/Kore, Tramp 2, Basik Plus Ania, Linto
Majik Ds, Kisto, Tundra 2.0, Majik 109
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

This seemed as good a place as any.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my US and Canadian customers and dealers, and to all others whether or not it is celebrated in your area. I have a new puppy to be thankful for, Lily, who is growing and also mellowing out a bit as she ages. I am also thankful to my dealers as Nokturne Audio sales are way up over 2020. Many thanks to Fredrik especially for the Källa which is impressing everyone who hears it, and for doing a better job of keeping up with my needs for product than any other of the vendors we deal with at the store where I also work. I will be spending the evening tomorrow having dinner with a small local group of my family and will be finishing up cooking a mushroom and artichoke rice casserole to contribute in the morning.

I hope we all have a great holiday season!
The LP12 Whisperer
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tokenbrit »

ThomasOK wrote: 2021-11-25 00:48 This seemed as good a place as any.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my US and Canadian customers and dealers, and to all others whether or not it is celebrated in your area. I have a new puppy to be thankful for, Lily, who is growing and also mellowing out a bit as she ages...

I think ABBA said it best: so I say thank you for the music... especially to you, Tom (& Lily), and Fredrik of course, and to all those here who share their time, advice, assistance, ideas, clips, recommendations & friendship to keep systems most musical, interaction jovially (in)valuable, and the forum much more than modereightly fun ;)

Happy holidays :)
Discodave
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Discodave »

Haha +1
LP12, Lingo 3, Cirkus/Kore, Tramp 2, Basik Plus Ania, Linto
Majik Ds, Kisto, Tundra 2.0, Majik 109
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Post by V.A.MKD »

tokenbrit wrote: 2021-11-25 04:59
ThomasOK wrote: 2021-11-25 00:48 This seemed as good a place as any.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my US and Canadian customers and dealers, and to all others whether or not it is celebrated in your area. I have a new puppy to be thankful for, Lily, who is growing and also mellowing out a bit as she ages...

I think ABBA said it best: so I say thank you for the music... especially to you, Tom (& Lily), and Fredrik of course, and to all those here who share their time, advice, assistance, ideas, clips, recommendations & friendship to keep systems most musical, interaction jovially (in)valuable, and the forum much more than modereightly fun ;)

Happy holidays :)
+1 :-)))
Music First ...
Vlado
Arjen
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Arjen »

Yes happy Thanksgiven. But remember, Kalla mean source in Samer (Scandinavian natives language), so let’s also honour the real sources of America, the Native People and mourn with them because of their massive losses since 1620.
Lenco 76/S TJN, Dr. Fuss, Supernait2, CD5X, Slipsik7.1, Millon Phantom, Soundeck, AudioSensibility
markiteight

Post by markiteight »

Arjen wrote: 2021-11-25 21:27 Yes happy Thanksgiven. But remember, Kalla mean source in Samer (Scandinavian natives language), so let’s also honour the real sources of America, the Native People and mourn with them because of their massive losses since 1620.
Thank you, Arjen, for your eloquent words. To the First Nations and indigenous people of the Americas, Thanksgiving is a day of mourning. It has been our tradition to pay tribute (and rent) to the Duwamish, Snoqualimie, and Snohomish Nations whose people originally tended this land we occupy.
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Post by mrco99 »

Tendaberry wrote: 2021-10-20 12:11 Have you decided yet, whether you will make an appearance at the Norddeutsche HiFi-Tage in Hamburg on the 5th and 6th of February 2022? Dying to hear Källa...
Hi Tendaberry,

We just received notice from the organisation of the Norddeutsche HiFi-Tage 2022 that their show, planned at the 5th and 6th of February will be cancelled due to ongoing and increasing uncertainly about new Covid19 variants.
No new date has been set.

Should you wish to hear Källa you may contact us, meanwhile do stay healthy and safe.

Kind regards from Amsterdam,

Marco
Distributor of Lejonklou | Aqua | Graham Audio | Klangedang | NOKTable | Ophidian | The Wand
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sunbeamgls »

mrco99 wrote: 2021-12-15 12:35
Tendaberry wrote: 2021-10-20 12:11 Have you decided yet, whether you will make an appearance at the Norddeutsche HiFi-Tage in Hamburg on the 5th and 6th of February 2022? Dying to hear Källa...
Hi Tendaberry,

We just received notice from the organisation of the Norddeutsche HiFi-Tage 2022 that their show, planned at the 5th and 6th of February will be cancelled due to ongoing and increasing uncertainly about new Covid19 variants.
No new date has been set.

Should you wish to hear Källa you may contact us, meanwhile do stay healthy and safe.

Kind regards from Amsterdam,

Marco
UK Bristol show in Feb also cancelled yesterday.