EVENTS

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

Kantata Audio

Lejonklou at Belfast audio event

Post by Kantata Audio »

Lejonklou will be at the Kantata Spring Event in the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Belfast on 28th March 2020 from 10:00 until 17:00

Marco will be in attendance to answer your questions and demonstrate Lejonklou kit.

The event will be much bigger and better than last year with seven rooms and nine manufacturers. In addition to Lejonklou, there will be representatives from Kudos Audio, Exposure, Audioquest, Bluesound, Auralic, Hegel, Amphion and Innuos.

There will be scheduled demos and systems at all price points.

Hope to see you there!
Kantata Audio - Lejonklou | Kudos | Innuos

email sales@kantata-audio.co.uk
tel +044 2892607882
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Re: EVENTS

Post by V.A.MKD »

Hi Marco,
Thank you very much for your detailed answer ...
All the Best,
Vlado
mrco99 wrote: 2020-02-07 13:29 From left to right it's

Entity - Slipsik 7.1 - Gaio 2.4 - Gaio 2.0

On demonstrating these we went from right to left, so Gaio old version to the new one, then onto Slipsik 7.1 and finally to Entity MC.

The LP12 on the right - my personal one - features Lingo4, Kore, AudioOrigami PU7 tonearm and Adikt MM, and at the left side there's the full Akurate LP12 so Lingo4, Kore, Linn Akito tonearm and Krystal MC.

Haven't tried any mono configuration with Gaios, Slipsik or Entity - could be an interesting one.
Music First ...
Vlado
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Lejonklou at Belfast audio event

Post by sunbeamgls »

cjs wrote: 2020-02-09 10:00 Lejonklou will be at the Kantata Spring Event in the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Belfast on 28th March 2020 from 10:00 until 17:00

Marco will be in attendance to answer your questions and demonstrate Lejonklou kit.

The event will be much bigger and better than last year with seven rooms and nine manufacturers. In addition to Lejonklou, there will be representatives from Kudos Audio, Exposure, Audioquest, Bluesound, Auralic, Hegel, Amphion and Innuos.

There will be scheduled demos and systems at all price points.

Hope to see you there!
This event received good reviews last year and seems to use decent sized rooms.

http://www.adventuresinhifiaudio.com/09 ... mber-2019/

With it being bigger this year I might see if I can make it over the water to see what the fuss is about :)
KSH/0; KEBox/2; 3x Tundra Stereo 2.5; PMC fact.12. Blogger. Exakt Design. SO measuring.
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Re: EVENTS - Lejonklou HiFi at Axpona 2020 April 17h-19th

Post by ThomasOK »

Duplicate deleted
Last edited by ThomasOK on 2020-02-11 19:43, edited 3 times in total.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

I am pleased to add that Fredrik Lejonklou will be with us for the show (although having to depart early Sunday) and will be presenting his talk "Focus your listening to the fifth level" several times during the show. Also we will be displaying and playing the newly upgraded Gaio 2.4. This info has been added to the original post, which I will update as needed. Plus the components will be wired up with the new Lejonklou US AC cables.

I am also expecting to have something else new at the show but I am unable to talk about it at this point. It is not from Lejonklou.

However, I thought I should stop and note that within a year, Lejonklou HiFi introduced two completely new phono stages, their first MC units. These are both groundbreaking in their own ways, one in likely being the closest to perfect MC phono stage in existence, and the other in bringing the same circuit and much of that performance to an unexpectedly modest price. Not content with that, in the same year the Slipsik 7 MM phono stage was introduced with a totally new design that vastly outperforms its predecessors, and anything else I have heard (even upgrading it a bit further recently with the 7.1 update) and also a substantial upgrade to the Giao 2.4. This is an amazingly large amount of truly exceptional work that Fredrik has completed within one year. Congratulations, Fredrik! That is an extraordinary accomplishment. Get some rest! (But don't skip my show in doing so.) ;-)
The LP12 Whisperer
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tokenbrit »

Foiled again: couldn't make Axpona last year, and have something that weekend so can't make it this year either... Probably best for my financial equilibrium, but not for my musical spirits.
Axpona 2020 - hope it's a huge success for you & Fredrik.
Axpona 2021 - can I book early to avoid disappointment?
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Axpona already has the show dates for 2021 on their site. But I can't guarantee for sure whether we will be there next year.

You are always welcome to stop by the house and hear the goodies. Just don't expect me to be hauling around any 143lb subwoofer! ;-)
The LP12 Whisperer
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sunbeamgls »

***EVENT POSTPONED***

Preparation is well underway for my room at the HIFI Wigwam Show on 15th March 2020 at Kegworth in the UK. More information at www.thehifishow.com
The following is a post at the Wigwam, so apologies if it seems a bit basic in the description of what we're playing

We'll be in Room 120 - there are 44 systems this year!

Really looking forward to this year's show, as usual.

System is about playing Graham LS5/9 in active form. First time in public.

This year I'll be using a similar front end to previous years shows, but as last year, the speakers will be the main change. They're not blue speakers this year though!

Front end is Linn's Akurate Exakt DSM streamer which will be playing tunes fed across a network feed from AssetDB on a Dell laptop. The laptop will also be the control point for the streamer.

This sends an Exaktlink signal to a Linn Akurate Exaktbox6/1 which features multiple DACs using Linn's Katalyst architecture. The Exaktbox will be loaded with Graham LS5/9 (modified) filters provided by Speakerfilters.com. This box does the following: digitally implements the crossover; time alignment of the drivers; phase error correction within the drivers; small FR corrections to allow for factors such as drive unit characteristics and cabinet resonances; if we choose to do so, applies "SPACE Optimisation" notches below 100Hz to compensate for room mode peaks at the optimum listening position; one Katalyst DAC per driver converting from digital to analogue - so 4x DACs will be in use this year; applies the required volume level.

Each DAC channel then feeds a channel of power amplification in the form of Sweden's Lejonklou Tundra Stereo 2.5 power amps.

Speakers will be Graham LS5/9 which have been modified - the passive crossovers have been removed and additional terminals are added to the back panel - this allows the power amplifiers to be connected directly to each drive unit - they're running active.

We'll have around 200 tracks to play, so please come in, have a listen, and ask for a track of your choice. Please have a chat if you want to understand a bit more about the system. See you there!

Oh, and there'll be Isoplats too.

Here's a link to the music avialble for visitors to choose from: https://audiophilemusings.blogspot.com/ ... worth.html
Last edited by sunbeamgls on 2020-03-12 14:21, edited 2 times in total.
KSH/0; KEBox/2; 3x Tundra Stereo 2.5; PMC fact.12. Blogger. Exakt Design. SO measuring.
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

I wish you a great show sunbeamgls - unfortunately you are too far away.

All the best also to Thomas and Fredrik at Axpona 2021
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Post by V.A.MKD »

ThomasOK wrote: 2020-02-11 19:40 I am pleased to add that Fredrik Lejonklou will be with us for the show (although having to depart early Sunday) and will be presenting his talk "Focus your listening to the fifth level" several times during the show. Also we will be displaying and playing the newly upgraded Gaio 2.4. This info has been added to the original post, which I will update as needed. Plus the components will be wired up with the new Lejonklou US AC cables.

I am also expecting to have something else new at the show but I am unable to talk about it at this point. It is not from Lejonklou.

However, I thought I should stop and note that within a year, Lejonklou HiFi introduced two completely new phono stages, their first MC units. These are both groundbreaking in their own ways, one in likely being the closest to perfect MC phono stage in existence, and the other in bringing the same circuit and much of that performance to an unexpectedly modest price. Not content with that, in the same year the Slipsik 7 MM phono stage was introduced with a totally new design that vastly outperforms its predecessors, and anything else I have heard (even upgrading it a bit further recently with the 7.1 update) and also a substantial upgrade to the Giao 2.4. This is an amazingly large amount of truly exceptional work that Fredrik has completed within one year. Congratulations, Fredrik! That is an extraordinary accomplishment. Get some rest! (But don't skip my show in doing so.) ;-)
To all of you, have a Great Show and good time ...
Music First ...
Vlado
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

On Thursday the 27th of February, I will be visiting Tonläget in Gothenburg, Sweden.

I will demonstrate Entity and SINGularity and hold my 'Focus Your Listening to the Fifth Level' lecture. In Swedish!

The event starts at 19.00 and our host Anders usually appreciates if you inform him that you're coming. His email address can be found at tonlaget.se

Looking forward to meeting you there!
maffe
Very active member
Very active member

Post by maffe »

Stina and I’ll be there, Kaos staying home playing his favourite records :P

Looking forward to this!
El Mero Mero

Post by El Mero Mero »

lejonklou wrote: 2020-02-23 23:32 'Focus Your Listening to the Fifth Level' lecture. In Swedish!
Is there any chance we can get access to this lecture via a recording (youtube etc)? Or is it something that can only be conveyed live and in presence? It would be really interesting to take part of. We currently live 470km or a 5 hours and 40 minutes drive from Göteborg. So a roundtrip is a bit to far for me.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

El Mero Mero wrote: 2020-02-28 16:36
lejonklou wrote: 2020-02-23 23:32 'Focus Your Listening to the Fifth Level' lecture. In Swedish!
Is there any chance we can get access to this lecture via a recording (youtube etc)? Or is it something that can only be conveyed live and in presence? It would be really interesting to take part of. We currently live 470km or a 5 hours and 40 minutes drive from Göteborg. So a roundtrip is a bit to far for me.
Thank you for your interest, El Mero Mero!

As I don't think anyone recorded it yesterday, I have decided to write it down and post it on this forum.

Then at some point there will hopefully be a video as well. But first in writing!
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

A big thank you to Anders and the 15 (I believe) enthusiasts that came to the demo evening in Gothenburg yesterday!

We had an unfortunate technical hiccup in the beginning. I had brought my own top spec (apart from Krystal instead of Kandid) LP12, as I thought the pair of SINGularity deserved the best possible source, but already before the demonstrations began, I sensed something was not right. One channel was weaker than the other and it also seemed vague and lacking solidity. It seemed to sort itself out when I checked the cabling, but as soon as I started demonstrating, the problem returned. It turned out that my 20+ year old T-kable had developed a fault in one of the RCA's! Considering how many times I've plugged and unplugged those RCA's, it's not exactly surprising that the thin copper strands had finally broken, but the timing of the breakdown was not exactly ideal.

We switched to Anders Akurate level LP12 and compared SINGularity with Entity, feeding Sagatun and Tundra stereo, driving Klångedang T1 version 6.

An interesting and fun night, I hope to be back again soon!
maffe
Very active member
Very active member

Post by maffe »

Lovely evening, as usual, thank you Anders and Fredrik!
You know when your a geek when you meet the same people and get on a first name basis :P
Still not sure who's who here though.
The lecture was good and gave some new insight. I have always been jealous of those who know and hear the, for example, different makes of pianos. Maybe that knowledge sometimes get us stuck with focusing/listening on/for the wrong things?

So how did the Entity and SINGularity perform?
Well since the Entity didn't have anything lesser to compare with made it hard to appreciate how good it is especially with the benchmark, literally sitting on the top shelf.
The Technical issue made it clearer that an akurate LP12 beats a faulty Klimax dito, even though it was apparent that it made a big difference on were you where seated in the room with the faulty T-cable.

Back home again and Kaos are still pretty grumpy over not being invited to join us this evening;)
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Aha! Fredrik is back to clean shaven. So I guess we won't see the bearded Fredrik at Axpona.

Thanks for the photos and the writeup. I'm sure it was a good time. Too bad about the arm cable. An arm cable scuppered part of my show last year as well. Now I have new Akito cables (old style T.Kables) on both LP12s and will be checking them thoroughly before the show.
The LP12 Whisperer
maffe
Very active member
Very active member

Post by maffe »

Totally forgot!
It play darn good and the SINGularity must have some black magic harvested and contained in those copper casings :)
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

ThomasOK wrote: 2020-02-29 17:58 Aha! Fredrik is back to clean shaven. So I guess we won't see the bearded Fredrik at Axpona.

Thanks for the photos and the writeup. I'm sure it was a good time. Too bad about the arm cable. An arm cable scuppered part of my show last year as well. Now I have new Akito cables (old style T.Kables) on both LP12s and will be checking them thoroughly before the show.
Yes, face clean as a whistle again.

Changed to a new grey T-kable on my LP12 today, which I've kept as a back up for many years but never needed until now. Wow! Sounding fantastic!
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

maffe wrote: 2020-02-29 11:10 Lovely evening, as usual, thank you Anders and Fredrik!
Thanks for the report maffe.

Nice looking system with all-black boxes and light wood.
Kantata Audio

Kantata Audio Spring Event Postponed

Post by Kantata Audio »

The Kantata Audio Spring Event scheduled for 28th March has been postponed until the autumn due to the current situation surrounding the Corona virus.

Not only were those attending the event considered, but more especially those travelling from the UK and Europe.

Everyone is even more determined to do it later in the year and, who knows, it may be even bigger and better then!!

It is business as usual at Kantata in the meantime though and, if there was any equipment in particular that you wanted to hear at the event, please get in touch to arrange a private, no obligation, demo.

Best Regards
John.
Kantata Audio - Lejonklou | Kudos | Innuos

email sales@kantata-audio.co.uk
tel +044 2892607882
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sunbeamgls »

***EVENT POSTPONED***

Just a brief reminder that the Wam enthusiast's show is next weekend, 15th March 2020 at Kegworth near East Midlands airport in the UK.

Lejonklou Tundra 2.5s will be playing in a Linn Exakt / modified Graham LS5/9 system, Room 120. 40+ other systems to listen to.

Www.thehifishow.com
Last edited by sunbeamgls on 2020-03-12 14:23, edited 1 time in total.
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Re: EVENTS - Lejonklou HiFi at Axpona 2020 rescheduled

Post by ThomasOK »

I regret to inform everyone that the Axpona Audio Show 2020 has been rescheduled and will NOT occur April 17th through the 19th. I am quite sorry for this turn of events although I was expecting it to happen. I had planned to have the best showing ever for Lejonklou HiFi in the US in part since Lejonklou gear was going to be on display in three rooms as two of our dealers had rooms there and were bringing some of our gear. Our room would have had demonstrations of all four phono stages and the first public US showing of the Karousel in order to drum up interest and improve visibility. Fredrik was going to be here and give his talk, and it is always a joy to work with Fredrik at these shows.

I have been working hard going through a lot of albums to make sure we had a high-quality and varied selection of great music. I was also working on improved signage to catch more attention. But this effort will eventually be rewarded, so it is not wasted.

Axpona is being rescheduled to mid-August at the same hotel. At this point I have not committed to the new time frame. There are many questions that have to be answered such as will the reason for the reschedule be no longer a problem and will the timing work for us as it is right in the middle of Fredrik's vacation time and it is the next week after my yearly spiritual retreat in California. It would be doable but it would be a crunch and there are other shows to consider. I will keep you all up to date when any decisions have been made.
The LP12 Whisperer
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

Sorry to hear that Thomas and Fredrik.
MisterH

Post by MisterH »

sunbeamgls wrote: 2020-03-08 11:45 Just a brief reminder that the Wam enthusiast's show is next weekend, 15th March 2020 at Kegworth near East Midlands airport in the UK.

Lejonklou Tundra 2.5s will be playing in a Linn Exakt / modified Graham LS5/9 system, Room 120. 40+ other systems to listen to.

Www.thehifishow.com
Looks like this has been cancelled