EVENTS

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

Tendaberry
Very active member
Very active member

Re: EVENTS

Post by Tendaberry »

Good luck to Fredrik & Marco! I'll come over tomorrow, so I'll only be able to hear the Graham speakers. Which is a pity, because the Klångedangs have eluded me for years :-(

@Defender: Write me a pm with links to the Discogs US-pressings you have and don't like, maybe there's an easy answer?
Tendaberry
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tendaberry »

Fredrik and Marco, I hope you are happy with the Norddeutsche HiFi-Tage. It was a pleasure to hear the new products and I urge everyone in the market for a new phono stage to take a look the new Entity, Slipsik 7.1 and the new Gaio.
We did a few comparisons up- and downwards and it was very clear, that even the basic Gaio provides a whole lot of music for the money. Nevertheless, the Slipsik is even more "grown-up" and more precise and definitely a best-buy in class.
The Entity impressed a great deal and brought a melody into the drums on Rickie Lee Jones' Coolsville, that wasn't as clear on the other two phono stages. In comparison, all the other demos at the HiFi-Tage were pretty lacklustre and uninteresting.
And the good news is, that my favourite hifi dealer may soon carry the Lejonklou products :-)
HernyB

Post by HernyB »

Tendaberry!
Is that hifi dealer located in Germany? If so i would like to visit him to demo the Entity!
Thanks!
Hubertus
LP12, Keel, ARad.2, Ekos SE/1, Krystal, Blue 42, Icon 4 Pro, Pass Labs XA25, Tannoy Stirling SE
Tendaberry
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tendaberry »

Maybe we should wait for Fredrik or Marco to confirm it? It's Speakers Corner in Kiel, let's hope it works out!
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

It was worth visiting the "Norddeutschen" HiFi Days in Hamburg, if only because my wife and I were lucky enough to get to know Frederik and Marco. The joy of the best possible music reproduction sprays out of both. Frederik presented his 5 levels of listening to music in a convincing manner in a short lecture and made clear with music examples why a good music system must make it possible to concentrate on the 5th level.

In the built-up Linn / Lejonklou chain with different MC and MM phonostages, the "small" Klangedang speakers played "great". It was a pleasure to listen to music with these speakers.

The subsequent visits to Ansuz (switch) and Innuos (music server) were sobering. The demonstrations were so bad (the music sometimes got blown up, overpoweringly loud and without contour and sometimes narrowed like from a shoebox) that there was no way of knowing, what the presented devices could achieve musically.
Klimax LP12 (Rad 2; Ekst), Urika II, NG-KSH, 2x KEB (Organik), Silvers, 2x A4200, K400, Komris
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Apologies for not having posted any pictures or stories from Hamburg! We have had a lot of fun and been so busy these days.

Thank you Tendaberry, Pedro, Kampak and others for visiting our room and sharing thoughts, good conversation and great music with us!

I think Marco took some pictures and hopefully he will soon be able to share them. I think I took only one, which I posted on Instagram and Facebook.

I will definitely contact Speakers Corner, at least four people recommended them warmly.

Crazy busy days ahead with orders and upgrades (I can really recommend the inexpensive Gaio 2.4 upgrade, I was rather surprised myself each time we demonstrated it against Gaio 2).

More soon!
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Post by V.A.MKD »

Your pleasure, is my pleasure ... :), I hope soon to attend such a great event ...
All the best ...
Music First ...
Vlado
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Post by mrco99 »

Hi all,

We enjoyed a great show and it was so good to meet up with old friends and make new ones!
We were very happy to welcome a most dedicated and very interested audience, thanks for all who took the effort to come by.

Fredriks lecture is a real pleasure to attend - after listening (not to be confused with 'hearing' :-) to it for 2 days it keeps on being both entertaining and highly informative.

There was some serious interest from the German press - a journalist that requested to hear his favourite Bob Dylan track 'Hurricane' at full length - and indeed we'll be in touch with Speakers Corner, thanks for your efforts in linking us!

Herewith some pictures and impressions from the show:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by mrco99 on 2020-02-04 15:09, edited 3 times in total.
Distributor of Lejonklou | Aqua | Graham Audio | Klangedang | NOKTable | Ophidian | The Wand
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Post by mrco99 »

And some more:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Distributor of Lejonklou | Aqua | Graham Audio | Klangedang | NOKTable | Ophidian | The Wand
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Post by mrco99 »

Part 3:
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Post by mrco99 »

4th and last
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Post by V.A.MKD »

Thank you for great photos. You have great time ...
Music First ...
Vlado
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Nice pictures mrco99, thanks for sharing!

Cheers
Tony Tune-age
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Post by mrco99 »

Thanks Tony and Vlado for your compliments.

A big thanks should also go to Alex & Thierry from Concerto Audio - the Lejonklou/Linn dealer in Amsterdam - for being so generous in supplying us with their Akurate LP12 to demonstrate Entity.
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Post by V.A.MKD »

You are welcome Marco ... :)
mrco99 wrote: 2020-02-04 20:08 Thanks Tony and Vlado for your compliments.

A big thanks should also go to Alex & Thierry from Concerto Audio - the Lejonklou/Linn dealer in Amsterdam - for being so generous in supplying us with their Akurate LP12 to demonstrate Entity.
Music First ...
Vlado
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sunbeamgls »

Thanks for the report and pics Marco :)
KSH/0; KEBox/2; 3x Tundra Stereo 2.5; PMC fact.12. Blogger. Exakt Design. SO measuring.
Ron The Mon
Very active member
Very active member

So Damn Cute

Post by Ron The Mon »

The above photo is the cutest damn thing I've ever seen. It makes me want to buy several Lejonklou phono amps just to be "cool".

Four in a row is Super Bad-Ass!!

Has anyone here compared two Gaio or Slipsik mono? There has been talk of doing this with Entity mono. The truth is, it would be far cheaper and cost effective to run two Slipsik 7.1s mono.

Hmmmmmmm.

Ron The Mon
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Re: So Damn Cute

Post by V.A.MKD »

This is ... this is ... this is ... I don't know photo ...
But, 2 x Gaio 2.4; 2 x Slipsik 7.1 and 2 x Entity is ... dream ... (ok, wake up and first thing first ... buy at least one :-) ...
Another But, 2 x LP12 ... are standard Linn or ... ?
Ron The Mon wrote: 2020-02-07 00:54 Image
The above photo is the cutest damn thing I've ever seen. It makes me want to buy several Lejonklou phono amps just to be "cool".

Four in a row is Super Bad-Ass!!

Has anyone here compared two Gaio or Slipsik mono? There has been talk of doing this with Entity mono. The truth is, it would be far cheaper and cost effective to run two Slipsik 7.1s mono.

Hmmmmmmm.

Ron The Mon
Music First ...
Vlado
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Post by mrco99 »

From left to right it's

Entity - Slipsik 7.1 - Gaio 2.4 - Gaio 2.0

On demonstrating these we went from right to left, so Gaio old version to the new one, then onto Slipsik 7.1 and finally to Entity MC.

The LP12 on the right - my personal one - features Lingo4, Kore, AudioOrigami PU7 tonearm and Adikt MM, and at the left side there's the full Akurate LP12 so Lingo4, Kore, Linn Akito tonearm and Krystal MC.

Haven't tried any mono configuration with Gaios, Slipsik or Entity - could be an interesting one.
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

Nice lineup!
maffe
Very active member
Very active member

Post by maffe »

Lovely view!
TFS some pictures :)

Looking forward to the Entity event at Tonläget 27/2
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

mrco99 wrote: 2020-02-07 13:29 From left to right it's

Entity - Slipsik 7.1 - Gaio 2.4 - Gaio 2.0

On demonstrating these we went from right to left, so Gaio old version to the new one, then onto Slipsik 7.1 and finally to Entity MC.

The LP12 on the right - my personal one - features Lingo4, Kore, AudioOrigami PU7 tonearm and Adikt MM, and at the left side there's the full Akurate LP12 so Lingo4, Kore, Linn Akito tonearm and Krystal MC.

Haven't tried any mono configuration with Gaios, Slipsik or Entity - could be an interesting one.
What were the sonic differences between the Gaio 2, and Slipsik 7.1 (if any)?

Cheers
Tony Tune-age
Tendaberry
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tendaberry »

The Gaio is good, but the Slipsik is quite a bit better. I would definitinely go for the Slipsik. It's more precise, grooves better, more dynamic, more live, singers sing better etc.
OscarH
Very active member
Very active member

Post by OscarH »

Let’s not forget the Slipsik is twice the price of the Gaio.

While I’m very pleased with my Gaio (on its way back in 2.4 version) I would certainly hope spending twice as much would yield an improvement.

Source first would also suggest upgrading the turntable rather than going from Gaio and up...
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

I do quite like that photo as well. I will not have four of them lined up at Axpona and am already trying to figure out where I will cram in three. But I'll make up for it by having SINGularity 1.1, Sagatun Monos and Tundra Monos as last year.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.