EVENTS

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Re: EVENTS

Post by Defender »

Is someone of you going to the High End in Munich?

I didnt made my mind up so far but if I would go I would love to meet some of our forum members in person.
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

I will be there at Saturday and Sunday. I send you details via PM. :)

One manufacturer I will be missing for sure is Lejonklou.
Last edited by matthias on 2023-05-15 09:34, edited 1 time in total.
Matt

MBP / Exposure pre + power (both modified) / JBL3677
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

For streaming Spotify to the Källa we used my iPad Mini 6. I think Fredrik might have also used his iPhone for a few tracks. We also tried the SIM card from Fredrik's phone in the LAX20 but ran into the same bandwidth problems. Another reason I think it was likely all the cell traffic in the area.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

are there any plans for Lejonklou to attend any of the smaller shows in Europe this year or beginning of next year?
Or do you have plans for launch events at dealers for Tundra Mono 3 and Superkikkin?
It would be great to meet you and hopefully also Thomas and Marco in person.
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

coming back from the High End this weekend in Munich where one of the remarkable events was to meet Matthias from this forum.

I heard the new Linn 360 loudspeakers as Exact version with integrated Organic DAC‘s which sell in Germany for 104.130Euro (I am pretty sure Linn would go bankrupt if they would have put the listprice to an „even“ number like 103.999Euro which would also psychologically sell better … you get it for just 103.999Euro).

What shall I say - for this price I would expect more. Assuming the price would be 60.000Euro I still would expect more … even if it would be only 30.000. But with all fairness its an active system so you safe a lot as you have a nice digital volume control somewhere and you need no power amps.
I am sorry for coming over like that but I was simply hoping for more.

There is a new loudspeaker from JBL the 4329p which surely has 708p genetics. JBL was not shy demonstrating it with „unconventional“ music which also gets complex and not the typical high end Leonard Cohen songs you hear at every 3rd booth (Linn was one of them). I dont think one voice (which is rather speaking than singing) and one or two instruments are asking for much from a loudspeaker and the rest of the electronic. JBL was happy to present it with songs you asked for. I hope Matthias also had a chance to hear it as I really enjoyed them. The compression driver is the same as the 708p has but only a 50W amp for the HT and a different 8inch paper woofer driven with 250W so 300W per channel. They also have a bigger body than the 708p.
I had really fun hearing music through them and can now imagine what the 708p might sound.

Otherwise not much to say - the big names have been a disappointment - the interesting rooms came from smaller and most of the time more affordable companies. Maybe Matthias can add his impressions - especially about the big planar speakers at the 2nd level from a company I never came across before.
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

Yes, it was so nice to meet Defender in person and much fun to talk about some aspects of our hobby.

Defender mentioned the Linn demo with the new 360s. The system was not bad at all and they played "real" music not some audiophile tracks but I got the impression that there was a certain box in between the set-up which worked as a "polite filter". Live music didn't sound live. Dynamics and slam seem to be compressed, the music did not grip.
This was the case not only with the Linn set-up but unfortunately with most other set-ups on the show as well.

But there were exceptions. A Korean manufacturer of electronics brought like every year legacy Western Electric horn loudspeakers from the roaring twenties of the last century, now 97 years old. They gave back what was missing with some other set-ups. Real fun to listen to.

Defender and I agreed, that we both missed Lejonklou in Munich. Maybe next year?
BTW, High End Munich has more than double the amount of visitors as AXPONA.
Matt

MBP / Exposure pre + power (both modified) / JBL3677