EVENTS

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Re: EVENTS - Lejonklou HiFi at Axpona April 12th-14th

Post by tokenbrit »

ThomasOK wrote: 2019-01-24 21:39 I am happy to announce that Nokturne Audio and Lejonklou Hi-Fi will be displaying at the Axpona Audio Expo in Schaumburg, IL (a suburb of Chicgo) Friday April 12th through Sunday April 14th.
Any plans for a meetup of Lejonklou & Nokturne aficionados associated with Axpona?
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Re: EVENTS

Post by mrco99 »

We had an early rise at 4.30am because of the bad weather locally in Amsterdam with predictions of freezing temperatures and snow so we could only load the van upon departure.

Still had a good trip arriving at Hamburg around 13.00pm. Unloading all was a bit of a pain with small corridors and standing lines at the elevators. But we are already greeted with a nice announcement at the entrance.

The rooms are rather small with only the twin beds removed. There's one good solid wall to work with so unlike most other exhibitors we decided to setup our equipment there and make the best of what we got.

So Tundra Monos on the bedside tables, one Harmonihyllan Kompakt rack and two NOKTables for the Klimax and Akurate LP12.

A great moment when Fredrik opened his flightcase with the new SINGularity Mono MC amps - only to be touched with gloves!

We set all up the remainder of the afternoon and night and think it sounds quite good. Also the new Klangedang T1 look fabulous and sounding very good from the start as well.

A little more finetuning this morning before the show starts - I'll try to update this but think we'll having quite a busy day today.

Thanks for all your best wishes you've send us by mail PM and WhatsApp - can't reply to them all but great to hear you're with us on this.

Until later and looking forward to meet up with some forum members !

Fredrik & Marco
Last edited by mrco99 on 2019-02-04 03:10, edited 2 times in total.
Distributor of Lejonklou | Aqua | Graham Audio | Klangedang | NOKTable | Ophidian | The Wand
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Marco took some pictures:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
maffe
Very active member
Very active member

Post by maffe »

It hurts my eyes to see so poor shots of such lovey things!
Invest in a good camera to shoot in door with bad light ;)

Would love to be there and experience the singularity and slipsik 7, but driving to Hamburg my self is just to long and expensive:(
Matteo
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Matteo »

Good luck!

M
beck
Very active member
Very active member

Post by beck »

I actually love the 1970’s look! From one country covered in snow to another......
Playing cd’s…………
Tendaberry
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tendaberry »

I'll be coming around tomorrow, very excited to hear this. And I'll bring a proper pressing of Getz/Gilberto (that looks like a reissue...)
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tokenbrit »

Curious to hear thoughts on how it all sounds together, especially with the new phono stages, and views on Kompakt rack as opposed to the full-size Harmoni... Hope all goes well & sounds great.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Thank you for all wishing wells!

Looking forward to meeting you tomorrow Tendaberry! We're playing on Klångedang T1 today and will use Graham Audio LS5/9 tomorrow.

Quiet now for the first today, so I made a video and posted it on Instagram.
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tokenbrit »

lejonklou wrote: 2019-02-02 17:00 Looking forward to meeting you tomorrow tokenbrit!
I wish I was traveling to Hamburg, but Tendaberry is the lucky one who will be attending tomorrow. My turn @ Axpona in April, hopefully :)
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

tokenbrit wrote: 2019-02-02 18:32
lejonklou wrote: 2019-02-02 17:00 Looking forward to meeting you tomorrow tokenbrit!
I wish I was traveling to Hamburg, but Tendaberry is the lucky one who will be attending tomorrow. My turn @ Axpona in April, hopefully :)
Of course!

Written in haste in a rare quiet moment and now corrected.
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

need to check the events section more often for possible chances to meet you guys - unfortunately cant make it to Hamburg this weekend but there might be other chances later this year
wish you a good show and my compliments to the SINGularity design/color
David Neel
Very active member
Very active member

Post by David Neel »

lejonklou wrote: 2019-02-02 17:00 We're playing on Klångedang T1 today and will use Graham Audio LS5/9 tomorrow.
I'm very interested in your impressions. Never been able to hear Klangedangs, but loved the LS5/9s enough to buy them in preference to Akubariks.
The search for knowledge is not nourished by certainty, but by a radical distrust in certainty
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

You're expression shows you're clearly delighted and proud of your efforts Fredrik. Hope the show is a great success for Marco and yourself.
Spannko
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Spannko »

Good luck with the event guys. Don’t try and compete with “the louder the better” mob! Concentrate on musicality, and you’ll be just fine :-)

And, If you’ve got the time, I’d love to see some videos too :-)
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

lejonklou wrote: 2019-02-02 17:00 Quiet now for the first today, so I made a video and posted it on Instagram.
Even the clip sounds very good, imagine it sounds superb in room.
Wish I were here!
All the best for the show!

PS: Fredrik, please post a second clip, same music with the Graham.

Matt
Last edited by matthias on 2019-02-02 23:13, edited 1 time in total.
Matt

MBP / Exposure pre + power (both modified) / JBL3677
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Post by mrco99 »

Fredrik posted a video on Instagram, see here:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BtYmatJiWsT/

We had a great first day with a continuing stream of interested people coming by and sit down for a listen and Fredriks detailed explanation of his designs.

It was only around 15.00pm that we had time for a quick lunch sandwich.

We made some nice press contacts too so hopefully get picked up by the press.

Very nice to also having met some (longtime) forum members in real today.
Thanks for visiting us, and we look forward to those that will come tomorrow.

Fredrik & Marco
Distributor of Lejonklou | Aqua | Graham Audio | Klangedang | NOKTable | Ophidian | The Wand
Spannko
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Spannko »

Thank you for the vid. That’s a lovely sound you’re making there!
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

Sounds fab! The music flows really effortlessly.

Great looking system too.
beck
Very active member
Very active member

Post by beck »

Great classy looking system and video. Good luck with the rest of the show.
Playing cd’s…………
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Thank you all!

Show is over, everything packed (thanks to Marco, who did all the hard work) and I am stuck at Hamburg airport due to heavy snowfall in Sweden.

Today we used Graham LS5/9 and I had time to make a recording, as it was less crowded than yesterday.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtbBppUiUdK ... rus5ff0jaq

Tendaberry turned up as promised and brought four fantastic records. His original copy of Getz/Gilberto was on another planet than the newly made one we played yesterday. It literally moved me to tears (but I hid them) to hear the finesse of Stan Getz playing - isn't it funny how "brilliantly executed" can, when improved one more step in performance, turn into some kind of language on another level? One that you completely and intuitively understand right then and there, but which seems impossible to translate, define or describe. It has to be experienced.

I will get an original copy of that album!
Thank you Tendaberry!
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

hope that everything works out and you might be able to get home today still and if not maybe there is an even better reason behind it
Tendaberry
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tendaberry »

It was great to meet you in person Fredrik, thanks for giving us plenty of time to enjoy the music on your fantastic system. It was best-in-show, no contest. The second best was possibly Naim, but they were so far behind, it doesn't really count.
You are absolutely on the right track with the Slipsik 7,0. It was easily and clearly better than the old version, if I had an older one, I would definitely upgrade very quickly. I can't really say much about the SINGularity, other than it seemed to get to the core of the musical performances and reveal even more of the emotions, that the musicians put into it. I wish you the best of luck with it and hope, that there'll be some Lejonklou-dealers here in Germany soon.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Thank you for coming Tendaberry!

And for your feedback!
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

lejonklou wrote: 2019-02-02 17:00 We're playing on Klångedang T1 today and will use Graham Audio LS5/9 tomorrow.
Fredrik,
what is your verdict on Klangedang vs. Graham after the show?
Thanks

Matt
Matt

MBP / Exposure pre + power (both modified) / JBL3677