Tundra Stereo 2.5

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Tundra Stereo 2.5

Post by Tony Tune-age »

lejonklou wrote: 2021-11-01 21:06 In my system it appears to be the LP12 that kicks into a higher gear after about half an hour. I thought it was mainly the Radikal that needed to drive the platter, but even if I already have it spinning, there's still something that is elevated. I don't mind, I rather look forward to it.
My deck sounds a little better after awhile, maybe 20 to 25 minutes. I initially thought the turntable power supply had to get settled in before sounding it's best. However the same thing occurred with both of my Radikal power sullies and the Lingo power supply as well. So now I'm wondering if the bearing system needs to run awhile before sounding it's best, with either the Cirkus or Karousel bearing.
Tony Tune-age
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sunbeamgls »

David Neel wrote: 2021-11-01 20:27 My face is still red from the time I compared power strips and power cords, when the A/B comparisons involved powering down all or some of the kit....

But now I accept it, and wait. It's worth it! I'm not sure how knowing why would help...
Knowing why will make no difference whatsoever to the listening experience, but it would be good to understand the why, particularly for those who think it impossible for such a condition to exist.
KSH/0; KEBox/2; 3x Tundra Stereo 2.5; PMC fact.12. Blogger. Exakt Design. SO measuring.
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Post by V.A.MKD »

Tony Tune-age wrote: 2021-11-01 21:35
lejonklou wrote: 2021-11-01 21:06 In my system it appears to be the LP12 that kicks into a higher gear after about half an hour. I thought it was mainly the Radikal that needed to drive the platter, but even if I already have it spinning, there's still something that is elevated. I don't mind, I rather look forward to it.
My deck sounds a little better after awhile, maybe 20 to 25 minutes. I initially thought the turntable power supply had to get settled in before sounding it's best. However the same thing occurred with both of my Radikal power sullies and the Lingo power supply as well. So now I'm wondering if the bearing system needs to run awhile before sounding it's best, with either the Cirkus or Karousel bearing.
+1, yes, the same issue (in my case 20 to 30 min.), but with totally different equipment including tube amps ...
Music First ...
Vlado
tpetsch
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tpetsch »

In my experience a system -even if kept turned on all the time- only truly warms up musically when sound is going thru it. Although this will all take less time if kept on.
Rega P10, Aphelion II, Aura. Naim CB 32.5/HC, Naxo 3-6/HC, 3x250 into K20/DMS.
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Post by V.A.MKD »

tpetsch wrote: 2021-11-02 16:44 In my experience a system -even if kept turned on all the time- only truly warms up musically when sound is going thru it. Although this will all take less time if kept on.
Yes, this is the case especially with Naim Audio equipment ...
Turned on all time + signal from Tuner at very low level to have signal / sound all the time thru it ...
Music First ...
Vlado