Lejonklou Event in Ireland - with Fredrik!

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

Kantata Audio

Lejonklou Event in Ireland - with Fredrik!

Post by Kantata Audio »

This was posted under another thread, but I thought I'd copy it under a separate post for visibility.

Kantata Audio is delighted to announce that it will be holding a Lejonklou event on Saturday 30th June 2018.

Fredrik will be present to answer your questions and also to give a demonstration of the Tundra 2.2 vs the brand new Tundra 2.5, amongst other things! There will be the current versions of the Sagatun (stereo) pre-amp and Boazu intergated also on display.

The event will be held in Lisburn, NI.

Please get in touch on either 02892607882 or 07990910227 to book a place. Alternatively you can contact me via email at sales@kantata-audio.co.uk or via the website at http://www.kantata-audio.co.uk

Hope to see you there!

Regards
John.
Kantata Audio - Lejonklou | Kudos | Innuos

email sales@kantata-audio.co.uk
tel +044 2892607882
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Lejonklou Event in Ireland - with Fredrik!

Post by mrco99 »

Best of luck with the event and have a great demo John and Fredrik.
A pity I can´t join up with you this time, but we´ll certainly meet up in Lisburn on another occasion.
Distributor of Lejonklou | Aqua | Graham Audio | Klangedang | NOKTable | Ophidian | The Wand
Kantata Audio

Post by Kantata Audio »

Thank you kind sir and you'll be very welcome!

tel +044 2892607882
David Neel
Very active member
Very active member

Post by David Neel »

Good luck with event, John! I'd like to be there.... maybe later in the year?
The search for knowledge is not nourished by certainty, but by a radical distrust in certainty
Kantata Audio

Post by Kantata Audio »

Thanks "David".

There's still time! Cheap flight? Pick you up at the airport?

:)

tel +044 2892607882
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Just brushed my teeth - demo starts in 12 minutes!
HIDDENSYSTEMS

Post by HIDDENSYSTEMS »

Go for it Fredrik.

My cat is impressed with Tundra 2.5 driving my 242 mk2s
3F26D548-2E12-46FA-A18D-3075357CD859.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://www.hiddensystems.co.uk
Lejonklou | Linn | Naim | Devialet | Rega | Totem | |Kudos
Music Lover
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Music Lover »

Best of luck with the business in Ireland, John & Fredrik.
It's all about musical understanding!
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Thank you!

It was a great Saturday with 5 hours of demonstrations and very inspiring guests that repeatedly made me say "Yes, that's exactly what I'm seeking and trying to maximise" - such as connecting to the story told in 'London Calling' by The Clash or the feeling of loss in 'Since you went away' by Kris Delmhorst. Very, very enjoyable!

Today John and I have tested speaker positioning and drive unit torques, Ethernet cables, music servers, DACs and DS's. And various installation tricks. After every meeting with a skilled retailer, I go home a little wiser.
Avalon

Post by Avalon »

I was one of the lucky guests in the second sitting on Saturday afternoon, it was a hot 26c outside and much warmer in the dem room.
I felt for Fredrik as he was professionally atired in an shirt and tie, a measure of respect for his audience that was not lost on me, however next time in Ireland wear casual, you must have been boiling

The dems were conducted in a very thorough manner with comparative back and forths and at the end of a hot day a blind test.
I’m sure John from Kantata will give a run through of the day so I won’t detail everything.

Our session settled on the Boazu and the sagatun/tundra 2.5 using a Linn Dsm Katalyst source all through a tiny pair of kudos x2’s which didn’t disgrace themselves.

We had such fun with the music from Elgar to the clash, a brilliant honest uncontrived dem with a great bunch of men .

The result, well Lejonklu electronics really play music and move you to dance , sing whatever.....
I loved the Boazu, really loved it and could easily be happy with it, however if funds allow the sagatun/tundra 2.5 is better.
If anyone hasn’t heard Fredrik’s products you must before you buy anything.

Fredrik was a joy, passionate, meticulous and great fun and a massive music fan.

Thanks John and Fredrik for a great day

Avalon
Linn AEDSM, 2nr Katalyst Exaktbox 6 2nr Linn 4200, 1nr Linn Klimax dynamik Twin
High Gloss Akubariks
Matteo
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Matteo »

We want some pics of the event!

:) :) :)
Discodave
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Discodave »

I was there for the first sitting and had a very enjoyable experience with John and Frederick. Unfortunately had to run off for France Vs Argentina (such a great day all in).

It was great being able to hear so many comparative components in a relaxed and lovely setting. For me the new 2.5 Tundra is something Frederik must be very proud of. It took me all of 30 seconds to know it bossed the 2.2 and Boazu.

However, it is the Boazu for me that is the real gem - to be able to perform like that in an integrated design at that price point? Marvelous.
LP12, Lingo 3, Cirkus/Kore, Tramp 2, Basik Plus Ania, Linto
Majik Ds, Kisto, Tundra 2.0, Majik 109
Kantata Audio

Post by Kantata Audio »

Fredrik_Robinsons.JPG
This is only one I took!! I just didn't think!!

Fredrik arrived late on Friday night, but not so late that he could not be introduced to a proper pint of the black stuff in the world famous Robinson's bar!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tel +044 2892607882
beck
Very active member
Very active member

Post by beck »

But what a picture!

A man with a proper drink. That tells a lot about his character. He must be doing something right! :-)
Playing cd’s…………
Kantata Audio

Post by Kantata Audio »

Thank you Avalon, Discodave – and Fredrik – for those kind sentiments. Really glad that you enjoyed the afternoon despite the heat!

I did what I could with cool drinks, but fans or a portable air con unit might just have ruined the demos!
Fredrik arrived late on Friday night and was immediately whisked off to the world famous Robinson’s bar for a proper pint of Guinness before closing! In an attempt to expose Fredrik to as much of our culture as possible on the way home we purchased that well know Northern Ireland delicacy the “half-chip-half fried rice” from a Chinese takeaway in Finaghy!

On Saturday morning there was the demo setup which, was more than enlightening. The selection of source was complicated, amazingly, by under-performing network cables despite my efforts to have a level playing field by selecting basic, non-branded, cables.

There was a large selection of cables, mainly Audioquest, available to us and there were many A/B comparisons before we settled on the final formula for the demo.

I chose the Kudos Audio X2 speakers as I felt that they were most appropriate for the guests due on Saturday afternoon.

These are cute little floorstanders which qualify for a 5-star WAF rating! They also produce a surprising amount of bass for their size. It was very satisfying to have Fredrik spend quite some time adjusting the position of these and end up exactly where I had positioned them – to the mm!

So the demo system was Akurate DSM/3 (Katalyst), Sagatun 1.4 and Tundra 2.2 / 2.5 Tarandus plus Kudos Audio X2’s. Audioquest Yukon interconnects, Audioquest Cinnamon CAT5 cable and Audioquest Rocket 33 speaker cable.
Fredrik gave a very interesting account of the history of his company, what he was trying to achieve in terms of sound, and also, thankfully, an explanation of where his product names come from AND what they mean!

Several tracks were played by Fredrik and then musical selections made by the guests using the Boazu. It was interesting to see that there were no hifi demo tracks. No “Keith Don’t Go”! There was a confidence that whatever was thrown at the system it would produce a musical performance.

The system was then changed by removing the Boazu and replacing it with the Sagatun / Tundra combination. The increase in quality was immediate and obvious. More detail - a bigger, fuller sound. More musical. Better.
The Tundra 2.2 was replaced by the 2.5 and again the increase in sound quality was again obvious. Improved lower frequencies which, in turn improve the top end – result!

Both groups were very knowledgeable, with Fredrik seemingly enjoying it as much as the guests were! I don’t think that I’ve heard London Calling used in a demo before, but that was the order of the day. The guests were allowed to listen to exactly what they wished and not “force fed” a selection of “hifi” tracks.

With the demos concluded Fredrik and I relaxed with a cool drink before the whole family, plus Fredrik, enjoyed a beautiful meal on the terrace at the local steakhouse.

You’ll probably be bored if you’ve made it this far, so I will report on the conclusion of the trip tomorrow!

tel +044 2892607882
Kantata Audio

Post by Kantata Audio »

OK, so on to day 2 which was to be a setup day with just myself and Fredrik.

The pre lunch session was done using the same final system as day 1 (ADSM/3 (KAT) / Sagatun 1.2 / Tundra 2.5 / AQ cabling) but swapping in Kudos Audio Super 20As for the X2's.

The Super 20A's were positioned, repositioned and drivers torqued to within an inch of their lives in order to obtain the best possible result.

A/B comparisons were done with Linn Skeets and both models of Shoes from Track Audio. It was felt that the larger Track Audio Shoes produced the best result.

The Super 20A's required closer positioning to the wall to perfect the bass, as opposed to the X2's. This was a complement to how much bass the little X2's actually produce.

We tried a variety of music inc some great live Bob Marley and I introduced Fredrik to the music of Kris Delmhorst.

Fredrik has a unique style to convey why he thinks the sound is not quite right! "Marley sounds like a clean cut all American boy!" Quick tweak of speaker position. "Now we have the dreadlocks and the blue haze!"

The post lunch session was switched to another room where we used Kudos Titan 707's with an Innuos Zen / Audioquest Dragonfly Red / AQ Victoria interconnect / Boazu / AQ Castle Rock Speaker cable.

I know! You're going to ask "how does the little Boazu drive those beasts?" But it does! Again it was very satisfying to find that after much huffing and puffing (707's are extremely heavy!) my position from the wall was, to the mm, exactly the same as Fredrik's. However, he did point out that my distance between the speakers was out by a smidge!

The listening room had solid walls all round apart from a small section of partition wall. Fredrik pointed out that the vibration of this was affecting the bass. You could actually feel the plasterboard resonating when music was played. Therefore, some DIY required there to insert braces between the studs.

Here we mainly used "Strange Conversation" by Kris Delmhorst to tune the system. The guitar at the start is amazing - just a few notes - and the sight of the Lejonklou Air Bass Guitar is something which, once seen, will never be forgotten!! :)

Many would say that this was a very unbalanced system in terms of the budget allocation, but it produced a very musical result which is what it is all about.

We stopped for dinner and then left for a whistle stop tour of the North Antrim coast which is one of the most beautiful in Ireland and a huge tourist attraction.

On our return it was some low level music and putting the world to rights until 2:00am.

It was a pleasure to have Fredrik for the visit. His company was really appreciated by my whole family, not least Benji, our Golden Retriever! :)

Maybe we can organise something similar in future!

tel +044 2892607882
Discodave
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Discodave »

Ha, enjoyed the post John! Indeed Fredrik, like his products, has a lot of character!

Sounds like you enjoyed thoroughly.

Chat soon

Conor/Discodave
LP12, Lingo 3, Cirkus/Kore, Tramp 2, Basik Plus Ania, Linto
Majik Ds, Kisto, Tundra 2.0, Majik 109
Ozzzy189
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Ozzzy189 »

Great posts and insight, as far from boring as you can get. Fredrik is indeed delightful company.
ADS3/SagMono/Tundra 2.2- . Totem Tribe Tower.
Lejonklou demos available in the N of England.