Terrific Tarandus- My thoughts so far...

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

Ozzzy189
Very active member
Very active member

Terrific Tarandus- My thoughts so far...

Post by Ozzzy189 »

The day was Friday 13th 2018. I was eagerly awaiting my Lejonklou units back from being upgraded by Fredrik in Sweden. I'd briefly listened to the tundra via DVC for afew days after packing the Sagatun monos up first. This is NOT music. It has no emotion or feeling, it's souless and uninspiring and not what i want from my musical experience. I'll be surprised if the recent upgrade to ADS3 brings it anywhere near to Sagatun mono levels of performance. As good as the Tundra is, without the Sagatun pre-amp it's NOT realising it's full potential. Of course you could argue that also goes for the source, but do you continue piling every single penny into your hi-fi source and never upgrading anything else ? Of course not, that's the beauty of our wonderful hobby, you make your journey in your own way.
The units arrived mid afternoon and the new boxes were undamaged, a huge relief ! I opened the boxes and left the equipment for an hour to get to room temperature before i set them up. So after ensuring the rack was tightened up, cables were correct in direction and everything was clean, i connected everything up.
A quick Whatsapp message to Freddie to double check connections and i was good to go.
One of the drawbacks of upgrading pre and power amps at the same time is it's extremely difficult to determine the effect of each unit on the musical reproduction. It's widely regarded across the forum that the Tundra benefits more than the Sagatuns from Tarandus so perhaps other people could post their thoughts and experiences?
Within minutes it became apparent that this is no small improvement.
I sent a picture of my forearm covered in goosebumps to Fredrik with the text:
Lejonklou....I need say no more X
Of course i couldn't stop there however.
'That's you right there. Your heart and soul goes into everything you do and it comes out in your products'.
'The music just flows.....it's liquid'.
One word summed everything up.
LUCID.
Fredrik replied with grateful giggle and a little message. 'It'll be like a new system'
He wasn't wrong.

I was grinning like a cheshire cat. My lady, MJ and i listened to a variety of music after tea, we were late walking the dog and we didn't stop playing music til 01.45, i think that says it all.
Over the next few days i noticed that the bass had taken a tighter and lighter persona. I removed the bungs from the rear ports and suddenly the weight came back but the other qualities still remained. This was surprising as pre Tarandus i could't play certain music witout the bungs as it was occasionally a little heavy, bordering on boomy. I refuse to use SPACE, that program is just not for someone like me. I find it self indulgent psychobabble BS and for me it spoils the music, and i've only used it when i've had a massive boom issue with other types of speaker that i couldn't solve with positioning.
Everything seemed to come together that little bit better, more refinement and focus. I've always admired Lejonklou products, being blown away or posting feverishly, gushing about the latest version or new product.
Writing down your thoughts isn't always easy, especially if you find it hard to come up with anything negative, but this time it's a bit different. It was good before, really good, but now it's conyeying the emotion contained in the music like nothing i've heard before, certainly not at this price point. That is seriously impressive.
It might be vulgar talking prices and what's available here is pretty expensive to many folk, although in Hi-Fi terms it really isn't, and i realise i'm probably preaching to the converted here but try putting something together that will topple Sagatun Monos and a Tundra stereo for the same money. I know you'll stuggle.
You can buy bigger, flashier more techy hi-fi, but that isn't ExaKtly what i want.
What i want is exactly what i have now, understated stereo equipment that gives me a massive smile and goosebumps.
Yes, LUCID is a very apt description in my opinion.
Well done Fredrik.
#hifigenius
Masive thanks as always to my good friend Chris Fuller at HiddenSystems. Give him a call if you want to find out more or drop me a PM and come for a listen.
Thanks for reading, Ozzzy.
https://www.hiddensystems.co.uk/lejonklou
Twitter- DanOzzzy189
ADS3/SagMono/Tundra 2.2- . Totem Tribe Tower.
Lejonklou demos available in the N of England.
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Terrific Tarandus- My thoughts so far...

Post by Charlie1 »

Your enthusiasm is almost palpable Ozzzy. Glad you're having such a blast and thanks for sharing your experiences.
Ozzzy189
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Ozzzy189 »

Listening at lower volumes is much improved too, I've noticed that I'm listening at much lower levels than previously and it's sounding fuller and more distinct.
I forgot to mention this in my original post and personally think it's a really impressive part of the upgrade. Crucial for those later evening listening sessions. As they used to say on the fast show...... Niiiiiiiiiiccccccce
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Wow, what a nice review! I'm blushing.

It makes me happy to hear that you're so pleased with the upgrades, Ozzzy!
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tokenbrit »

I have yet to get Tarandus'd - you beat me to it. Really looking forward to it now. Thanks for the (almost ;) palpable, viscerally lucid review, Daniel :)
Ozzzy189
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Ozzzy189 »

Thanks to everyone who's read and commented so far. I've been listening to Kraftwerk and it sounds sublime. Geiger counter..... Wow.
u252agz
Very active member
Very active member

Post by u252agz »

Great write up Ozzy,

Conveys what most of us think about all Lejonklou products and major upgrades, but expressed with more passion and enthusiasm and eloquence than many of us have done recently.

I am still spellbound by the musicality and enjoyability of my system which is of a much much higher level than I could have ever imagined .

A good Linn front end and Lejonklou amplification is a match made in heaven and all one needs to enter Nirvana is a half decent pair of speakers.

Then it’s down to the music store to buy more CDs and vinyl and enjoy artists one would never have thought of listening to .

This is what a musical system does - it opens up a whole world of amazing artists and bewitching music and hugely improves the quality of ones life.

Even though it may seem expensive this is still amazing value for money and one of life’s real bargains.
Kalla/Sag M/Tun M3/242/LP12/Slip7

Kalla/Giella Pi/JBL308/RS2e

Majik LP12/Boazu/110s