A couple of questions about the Boazu

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

Peter Lanky

A couple of questions about the Boazu

Post by Peter Lanky »

As part of my preparation for considering a new amplifier, I'm doing a bit of reading up.From the Boazo installation manual online:

"Connect your loudspeakers to the speaker outputs, using a cable terminated with Lejonklou 4 mm safety connectors. Warning: Although individual banana connectors are possible to fit, they are illegal to use in the EU for safety reasons. Use only Lejonklou 4 mm safety connectors!"

So what exactly are 'safety connectors' and 'individual banana connectors? I currently use Nordost factory terminated cable, and this will stay whatever amplication option I choose to run with, as they run under my fitted carpet and are not negotiable.

The online instructions suggest that the only way to turn off the power is via the power button on the rear of the Boazu. Is this correct?
KDS/3 - 2 x Tundra Mono - Graham Audio LS5/9f
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Re: A couple of questions about the Boazu

Post by lejonklou »

Hi Peter!

4 mm banana plugs are just that. You can google them if you are unsure what they look like. The EU decided to ban the use of such connectors on electronic equipment, because they can accidentally be inserted into mains sockets. Well, so can a whole lot of other things, you could argue. Naim solved this by making a "dual banana" that doesn't fit the main sockets, google Naim Speaker Connector to see them. I have done something similar and call them Lejonklou safety connectors.

What are your Nordost's terminated with?

Yes, the main power switch sits above the mains inlet. There is no standby mode.
Peter Lanky

Post by Peter Lanky »

Just standard banana plugs (as I know banana plugs to be) that I've been using for the past 20 years.
a090159.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Ok!

Although I've never found any good sounding variety of those tube style bananas, they do fit Boazu.

The main reason why those tubes are popular is that they fit both ordinary banana holes and inverted bananas (BFA's), so that there's never any need for retermination of the cable.
Peter Lanky

Post by Peter Lanky »

What is the approximate power consumption when switched on but not playing music? This is significant for me, as the position of my amp is such that I would find leaning over the other furniture to switch it on and off tiresome.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

As stated in the manual, it’s 22 Watts.
Ozzzy189
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Ozzzy189 »

ADS3/SagMono/Tundra 2.2- . Totem Tribe Tower.
Lejonklou demos available in the N of England.
Peter Lanky

Post by Peter Lanky »

Yes I had read it a couple of weeks back, but thanks for mentioning.