Lejonklou now in Ireland

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Lejonklou now in Ireland

Post by lejonklou »

I am very pleased to announce that Kantata Audio in Lisburn, Northern Ireland, is now selling Lejonklou products.

John Stirling is the owner and enthusiast.

www.kantata-audio.co.uk
www.facebook.com/kantataaudio
Phone number +044 2892607882

Welcome John!
Avalon

Re: Lejonklou now in Ireland

Post by Avalon »

Congratulations John,
I have been a Linn fan boy for a long time......but I got a very relaxed dem over the Christmas holidays of how good the Tundra actually is against a very well respected Linn amp, and I own 2 of them, and surprisingly for me I would have walked out of Kantata audio with Tundras under my arm maybe JOHN can start a thread regarding our dem.....

I hope to be involved in more discoveries in the Lejonklu family.

All the best JOHN , I know it will be successful for you, especially if people come and listen

Avalon
Linn AEDSM, 2nr Katalyst Exaktbox 6 2nr Linn 4200, 1nr Linn Klimax dynamik Twin
High Gloss Akubariks
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sunbeamgls »

Great news John. Hope it goes very well for you.
KSH/0; KEBox/2; 3x Tundra Stereo 2.5; PMC fact.12. Blogger. Exakt Design. SO measuring.
Music Lover
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Music Lover »

Congrats to Fredrik and Kantata Audio!
It's all about musical understanding!
Steven

Post by Steven »

Congratulations John

Fantastic addition to your growing range of manufacturers.

I think a trip over the water is on the horizon !!!
Kantata Audio

Post by Kantata Audio »

Thank you folks for your kind wishes.

I am genuinely excited about selling Fredrik's products. They produce a relaxed, natural, detailed sound which is unlike anything I have heard before.

So, everyone in Ireland who has been bemoaning the fact that they can't get a demo, get in touch, arrange a demo, and hear what all the fuss is about! :)

If anyone in Scotland wishes to jump on a flight, or the Stranraer ferry for that matter, I will be glad to pick them up and you will be made most welcome.

Currently on dem Sagatun, Boazu and Tundra.

My demo stock of Kudos speakers will also soon be arriving. That will consist of the X2, Super20A and, from February, the Titan 707.

John.
Kantata Audio - Lejonklou | Kudos | Innuos

email sales@kantata-audio.co.uk
tel +044 2892607882
Discodave
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Discodave »

Just a quick note to say I spent a very enjoyable afternoon with John at my home.

He was good enough to give me plenty of advice on my system; on both upgrade paths and set up/positioning. Oh and he also brought along a Tundra (new) and KRDS (used) for me to sample. Although out of my price range without John I wouldn't have been able to demo. I look forward to a time when I can afford and to cross paths with John again.

I would certainly recommend a demo meet, I doubt you'll be dissappointed in his wares or his character!

Thanks again John :)
LP12, Lingo 3, Cirkus/Kore, Tramp 2, Basik Plus Ania, Linto
Majik Ds, Kisto, Tundra 2.0, Majik 109
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sunbeamgls »

Spent a very enjoyable evening at Kantata this week. A number of amp comparisons which I'll hopefully get the time to write about soon, but just wanted to say thanks to John for the informative session and structured approach.
KSH/0; KEBox/2; 3x Tundra Stereo 2.5; PMC fact.12. Blogger. Exakt Design. SO measuring.
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sunbeamgls »

Here are some notes on my visit to Kantata.

Interesting comparisons with Tundra, Akurate/D, Boazu and Sagatun amplification.

https://audiophilemusings.blogspot.com/ ... visit.html
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Thank you for a great review, sunbeamgls!

This made my Friday afternoon!
Ozzzy189
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Ozzzy189 »

Fantastic words Neil, comment added. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
ADS3/SagMono/Tundra 2.2- . Totem Tribe Tower.
Lejonklou demos available in the N of England.
u252agz
Very active member
Very active member

Post by u252agz »

sunbeamgls wrote:Here are some notes on my visit to Kantata.

Interesting comparisons with Tundra, Akurate/D, Boazu and Sagatun amplification.

Interesting write up.

Did you get a sense of which system might convey the emotion best, and wll you be planning at a later stage to listen to Klimax katalyst via Sagatun Monos and the Tundra 2.5 or the latest Tundra Monos.

I think the latter would make an interesting contrast to an all Klimax Exakt system with two Tundra stereos.
Kalla/Sag M/Tun M3/242/LP12/Slip7

Kalla/Giella Pi/JBL308/RS2e

Majik LP12/Boazu/110s
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sunbeamgls »

u252agz wrote:
sunbeamgls wrote:Here are some notes on my visit to Kantata.

Interesting write up.

Did you get a sense of which system might convey the emotion best, and wll you be planning at a later stage to listen to Klimax katalyst via Sagatun Monos and the Tundra 2.5 or the latest Tundra Monos.

I think the latter would make an interesting contrast to an all Klimax Exakt system with two Tundra stereos.
Interesting question. Having had both Klimax and Akurate Katalyst Exaktboxes in my system, I'm of the mind that Akurate, whilst less detailed, gives a better emotional connection to the music. Interestingly, now you've asked and I think back to it, I think the 707 system gave a better musical connection but the Super 20 system with the separate amps gave the more emotional vocals.

No plans for the combinations you suggest. Hoping for a demo of Tundra 2.5s in my own system.
Last edited by sunbeamgls on 2018-08-29 12:27, edited 1 time in total.
Kantata Audio

Post by Kantata Audio »

"Did you get a sense of which system might convey the emotion best, and wll you be planning at a later stage to listen to Klimax katalyst via Sagatun Monos and the Tundra 2.5 or the latest Tundra Monos."

Kantata Audio accountant has heart failure! :)

tel +044 2892607882
u252agz
Very active member
Very active member

Post by u252agz »

I think the Klimax katalyst DSM ( assuming it has anologue out) with current Sagatun and Tundra Monos, just with Linn silver interconnects and 2.48 m Linn K400 speaker cables, would be good to hear with these Kudos Titans - especially if they are good with vocals.

If the accountant at Kantata can take it - an LP12 into the mix ( even a Majik LP12 with say Radikal) would also make a great demo.
Kalla/Sag M/Tun M3/242/LP12/Slip7

Kalla/Giella Pi/JBL308/RS2e

Majik LP12/Boazu/110s
Kantata Audio

Post by Kantata Audio »

Unfortunately the mere mention of an LP12 on demo means that Kantata Audio is now looking for a new accountant!! :)

Since I can only sell SH/ex-dem Linn the content of any demo depends on what I have in stock at the time. I do not have any formal Linn demo stock.

However, I do stock several brands of new equipment and I was disappointed that I did not have the opportunity to let SunbeamGLS hear the front end combination of an Innuos Zen Music Server and Aqua La Voce S3 DAC along with stereo Sagatun / Tundra 2.5 amp and the Kudos Titan 707s. The issue was that the Zen was out on loan, never to return!

I would love to do an A/B demo with a KDS/3. Now that would be a very interesting comparison!

Turntables will be represented in the very near future by Analogue Works with, of course, a Slipsik.

In addition to that SunbeamGLS missed out on a demo of my new range of speakers from Audio Physic.

I understand that he will be returning later in the year and I'm sure that he will report back on the extended range of products!
IMG_2090.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tel +044 2892607882