Tundra 2.0 (A?) vs. Majik DSM/1 integrated Amp @ Majik 109s

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

Heiko

Tundra 2.0 (A?) vs. Majik DSM/1 integrated Amp @ Majik 109s

Post by Heiko »

Good evening

Did anybody do a comparison of the above mentioned settings or does anybody have an idea what a Tundra 2.0 (A) would do to Majik 109s when replacing the integrated amp from the Majik DSM/1 (so the chain would be: MDSM/1 -> Tundra -> 109s)

Especially interested about the effect (if there is one ...) when playing the music on low or medium levels ...

In addition to that: Are there opinions on the integration with SO in such a setting? Right now I use SO to give the 109 a little bit more bass and "warmth" ...

Thanks in advance ...

Heiko
Flatcoat

Re: Tundra 2.0 (A?) vs. Majik DSM/1 integrated Amp @ Majik 109s

Post by Flatcoat »

I was surprised how much better the MDSi which I owned at one stage was when the internal power amp was turned off and used with a Tundra 1.2. And that applied at all volume levels.

I never used SO in that system so can not help with that question.
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sunbeamgls »

SO won't care about the power amp in use, but you might need to adjust it a little (just like a first set up, best to use the initial calculated settings as a starting point), focussing on the musical message rather than the sound quality.

If you go for the Tundra then it opens you up to a better source/pre-amp such as ADSM or KRDSM. However, if the MDSM allows you to directly connect into the power amp inside, then the better source first might give you a better result than upgrading the amp first.

Best to listen to the options.
KSH/0; KEBox/2; 3x Tundra Stereo 2.5; PMC fact.12. Blogger. Exakt Design. SO measuring.
u252agz
Very active member
Very active member

Post by u252agz »

Here is something else to consider.

A Lejonklou integrated amp ( Boazu) and exchange your MDSM for whichever model of KRDS you can stretch to.

Klimax front end - analogue lejonklou preamp - and lejonklou pwer amp will be in a different league to MDSM, or even MDSM/ Tundra.

I have found digital volume controls to be only acceptable within a narrow range - lejonklu preamps are great at all volumes.

Good luck and enjoy whichever upgrade path you choose.
Kalla/Sag M/Tun M3/242/LP12/Slip7

Kalla/Giella Pi/JBL308/RS2e

Majik LP12/Boazu/110s