Thank you

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

Willa

Thank you

Post by Willa »

I am not a great contributor to the forum however tonight I am compelled to say thank you..
Something strange occurred, perhaps to you as well.
I was listening and noticed that the volume required to fill the room to normal levels had changed ? I know not why, given I had changed nothing within the system. I now required significantly more volume to play at the same level as before. So moving to the yellow on the pre from blue-green the music has, is a cascade of involving story telling notes that are beautiful. The music has me, I am with it and understand it and simply wanted to say thank you.
My system is lp12 Se, Sagatun mono v1, dynamic solos, JBL 3677
Something has happened that I can't explain but I am immersed in music and loving it. It has clarity, meaning, tone and texture..... Beautiful
Fredrik,
Thank you for your dedication to the persuit of perfection in musicality!!

Long may it continue!
lp12se - Sagatun monos - solos d - JBL 3677
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Thank you

Post by matthias »

Willa wrote:My system is lp12 Se, Sagatun mono v1, dynamic solos, JBL 3677
You have my dream system!

Enjoy!

Matt
Matt

MBP / Exposure pre + power (both modified) / JBL3677
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Cool system Willa!

But that your volume dropped sounds very strange. A fault that is benign? I don't understand what could be the cause. Yellow is 70+ and with Linn power amps and JBL 3677, that will normally be insanely loud.

If the volume dropped equally much on both channels, the fault is perhaps most likely in the source, as you have two completely independent channels after the source (two preamps, two power amps, two speakers) and it's unlikely they both develop the same fault at the same time.
Willa

Post by Willa »

Hi Fredrik,
It is indeed very strange given it is across all sources. I also have a KRDS and the same thing happened?
Not withstanding the oddity the musicality is great. Please share any thoughts as to why this is happening. Usually I would play in the blue and it is loud.
Cheers,
Willa.
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tokenbrit »

Hi Willa, nice system. Quick questions: did you change anything prior to needing the higher volume setting? Guessing not but need to ask... Otherwise, have you tried turning the system - pre & power amps - off and on again? It almost seems like it could be that the pre-amps are set to soft mute (-12dB) but that would clear with a volume change, and you'd notice the blinking LEDs.
kallesprätt

Post by kallesprätt »

Could it be the Unbalanced Phono/Balanced xlr button in the back off you solos?
If the switch is set to Xlr and you are using the unbalanced phono connectors the volume will be reduced.

/Kallesprätt
Music Lover
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Music Lover »

Try resetting the Sagatun to start from the standard settings. (no idea if that's going to address the issue, but worth a try)
Press and hold the front button SRC/MUTE. Then press and hold both front VOL buttons. Keep all three buttons pressed for 3 seconds.
It's all about musical understanding!
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

The question is whether Willa wants to fix this problem. He seems very happy!
Willa

Post by Willa »

I am indeed enjoying the system and the music it is producing. I feel like the auto ranging voltage has decided that we are 110v rather than 240v which is not possible. My concern is of course that the volume may return, if it does something will give, probably me and I would rather the system be reliable and musical!
I will try turning it off for a few hours tomorrow and power it back up, perhaps it may reset to normal.
Ps my enthusiastic enjoyment of the system and waxing lyrical may have been influenced by a bit of local wine