remote control - KIKKIN

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

jraskin

remote control - KIKKIN

Post by jraskin »

Dear all,

I am the happy user of a KIKKIN within an all active linn system. I was using a remote from my previous LINN pre-amp to command the volume level of the KIKKIN. Now the linn pre-amp (WAKONDA) is used somewhere else. When reading the manual of the KIKKIN it was mentioned that quite standard remote controls, using the CR5 protocol, could be used. To be on the safe side, I order a "one for all" remote control (model 7130). I have tried the remote configured with the Philips TV setting but it does not work. Is there someone here that have some experience to share with this kind of remote control ? I would also be happy to control the WAKONDA with the remote - volume level only would be sufficient (and use back the LINN remote with the KIKKIN).

Thanks in advance for your help,

Best,

JF
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Re: remote control - KIKKIN

Post by lejonklou »

Hi jraskin and welcome to the forum!

I did a quick search for your remote and found one of two manuals here: http://www.oneforall.com/downloads/dl/f ... guages.pdf

This is for the R2/R3 versions of your remote, apparently it's visible inside the battery compartment. If you have another version, you need to find another manual.

Anyway near the end you will find a list of codes, of which number 0556 seems promising for controlling your Kikkin. Or perhaps 0037. This system of anonymous codes is a bit weird if you ask me.

Then you also need to tell your Kikkin that TV remotes are OK. To do this, you switch off your power amplifiers (because there will be a very loud thump), unplug your Kikkin, wait for five seconds, plug it back in and while Kikkin blinks red, flip the rear switch. The only thing it needs to notice is that the switch changed position once during startup. After this, it will accept many types of remotes. And the rear switch can be used normally (set it down for the front indicator to fade out).

The Kikkin manual can be found here: http://www.lejonklou.com/wp-content/upl ... l-230V.pdf

Hope this works for you!
jraskin

Post by jraskin »

Dear Frederik,

Thank you very much: your instructions were christal clear and correct. All works now !

All the best,

JF
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Excellent!
minoman

Post by minoman »

Hi,
any suggestion on a "bare essential" remote to be used with Kikkin?

//Michael
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Hi Michael!

This is my current situation with remotes: I have ONE (1) small "soap shaped" One For All remote that I have shipped with Kikkin, Sagatun and Boazu. Then they are all gone. You can buy it from me for the price I paid if you want.

Then there will be a period of no-remote-supplied with Sagatun and Boazu. And a note with an excuse, saying that I'm sorry there is no remote supplied with your product, but you will be shipped our new one as soon as it's finished. I have a new one in the making but it's not quite ready yet.