feedback re. Tundra 2.0a

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

albadrex

feedback re. Tundra 2.0a

Post by albadrex »

Just wanted to give an overdue report on recent upgrade from KDS0R-Sagatun 1.1-c5100 to Tundra2.0a.

As soon as I had made the jump from Exotik non D last year to the Sagatun I had been wanting to upgrade with the Tundra, my wish came true a few months ago.

I remember the feeling of excitement waiting for the unit to warm up. I started listening with the Tomorrows Harvest album by the electronic group Boards of Canada. Their work appears very well produced and to me has an excellent clarity and very musical chords and textural soundscape..

The first impression that hit me was authority - the music seemed in command and had a firmness and presence about it.. The melodic lines which are often very textural in this music just felt stronger and more immediate. I felt an impression that much more of the music was 'being let through'.

I had a strong emotional experience at this point - the music just seemed to 'arrive' and be present..i had a definite impression of a more immediate timing which mixed with the emotional textures I felt I was interpreting in a more immediate way.

The down side?- excellent though my wee katans are..i could quickly imagine the dynamics that the system was producing were not getting through..

The thoughts of the jbl thread began to surface.. I would have to say..i love this forum..there is so much interesting and rewarding debate and information, but you also have to hear what you are reading about to make up your own mind. The performance of the tundra was so good, my faith in the reports of members working with the jbl 3677 started to filter through other speaker options.

So, thank you Frederick for producing a product I could otherwise not afford if an equivalent was available- and the other forum members for your time and dedication.

Quality of life has improved that bit more!

Alastair
KDSR(0), Sagatun 1.1, Tundra 2.0a, JBL 3677, Ofil Stands
Music Lover
Very active member
Very active member

Re: feedback re. Tundra 2.0a

Post by Music Lover »

Great read, thanks!
It's all about musical understanding!
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Re: feedback re. Tundra 2.0a

Post by lejonklou »

Yes, thank you Albadrex!

I find it really difficult to put musical experiences into words, but what you wrote made sense to me.