Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Lejonklou Boazu Integrated Amp

Post by tokenbrit »

tuckers wrote: 2022-02-15 21:36
tokenbrit wrote: 2022-02-14 02:00 Welcome. Congrats. Curious why a Boazu integrated, not a Sagatun preamp, if it's to "mate with [your] VTV Purifi amp"? Some 'next generation' stuff going on? ;)
Well, honestly price was a big factor (used), and simplicity. The VTV purifi sounds amazing for the money, but it is a very complicated design. I will be getting a Holo Serene Preamp to try out at home soon, it has a reputation also of having virtually no sonic footprint. I will mate this with my VTV and see how it compares with the Boazu.
That should make for an interesting comparison. I'm sure a good few here would be interested in clips if you're willing to record & post them... I'm not familiar with VTV Purifi or Holo Serene so wouldn't mind hearing them up against Boazu - seems quite a different approach to the amps; would be fun to listen in via clips.

Out of further interest: what preamp are you using with the VTV currently if you're getting a Holo Serene to try out?

Welcome again. Please consider posting comparison clips for us to join in the fun, and dropping a post in the 'Me and My system' section to tell us a bit about what the amps will be connected to.

Cheers.
Last edited by tokenbrit on 2022-02-16 14:37, edited 1 time in total.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Exciting!

Welcome to the forum, tuckers!
tuckers

Post by tuckers »

tokenbrit wrote: 2022-02-16 14:33
That should make for an interesting comparison. I'm sure a good few here would be interested in clips if you're willing to record & post them... I'm not familiar with VTV Purifi or Holo Serene so wouldn't mind hearing them up against Boazu - seems quite a different approach to the amps; would be fun to listen in via clips.

Out of further interest: what preamp are you using with the VTV currently if you're getting a Holo Serene to try out?

Welcome again. Please consider posting comparison clips for us to join in the fun, and dropping a post in the 'Me and My system' section to tell us a bit about what the amps will be connected to.

Cheers.

I didn't have a preamp. My main path is digital: Roon Stack Link II Roon Endpoint, with Roon handling volume control, into Holo Audio May dac, direct into VTV amp.

I wanted to get a good preamp to fix a number of issues including the 20-40db cut that happens digitally in Roon for levels/volume control. That's not ultimately good for the sound. I use an Nvidia Shield Pro media streaming box for TV that also goes into the dac, and being able to have a real volume control is a huge benefit. So right now I have only one source, the dac. In the near future begin to integrate my vinyl rig that has been sitting on a shelf for 10 years as well. I had been very interested in the Serene preamp for this purpose, but really wanted to hear it first. I was super lucky that someone offered to send me a review unit to try out, and this is going to happen soon I think.

I didn't think I'd find an integrated that checks all my boxes, and the Boazu is a nice find. I got it the day before my vacation, so I set it up and it is playing while I am away. I will come back to it fully ready to listen to in a week :) In the very brief listen I did after setting up the Baozu, it did render more detail/subtlety on tracks I am familiar with, but sounded a bit thin. It's not fair to judge it on that quick listen though, and the extended play period will probably fill out the sound quite a bit.
tuckers

Post by tuckers »

I've been breaking my ears and the Boazu in now with some loud Rock n roll, U2's Joshua Tree, Led Zepplin IV, Santana. Boazu does a great job, no dynamic loudness limitations, unravelling the complex wall of sound and letting you hear each instrument.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Thank you for sharing your enthusiasm, tuckers!
Starsailor

Post by Starsailor »

Hello , someone has compared the boazu with a supernait 2 ?

I think are two great integrateds.
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

I compared Boazu/Slipsik 7.1 vs Supernait 3. Neither had been run in a long time as far as I know. There are very different. Obviously more grunt with the Naim and better rhythm too, but the Boazu made it sound out of tune. If you're thinking of getting a Kalla streamer then definitely get the Boazu as they sound superb together - provided your speakers are not too hard to drive.
ncs12

Post by ncs12 »

Starsailor wrote: 2022-07-28 22:47 Hello , someone has compared the boazu with a supernait 2 ?

I think are two great integrateds.
I compared these two. I had a Supernait 2 with a supercap and bought the Boazu on sale or return from John at Kantata.

I sold the Supernait 2, kept the Boazu and could not be happier.

Chris
Gammaboy

Post by Gammaboy »

Several years ago I had a chance to compare a used Boazu to my Supernait 2 with the same speakers I had at home (Linn Majik 140's). To be honest, I really expected the the Naim to be the clear winner, perhaps because my main system for the previous twenty years had been active Isobariks driven by Naim electronics, and I REALLY liked my SN2. But such was not the case. I am not good at detailing the differences between equipment, it either sounds better and more enjoyable to listen to, or not. My teenage daughter was with me for the demo. I asked here what she thought. She pointed at the Boazu and said I like that one better. So did I.

I did not buy the Boazu, mostly because I was still trying to process what just happened. I eventually did buy a Sagatun and Tundra, both stereo, to replace my SN2. I quickly found myself enjoying the Lejonklou system more than the active Naim/ Isobarik setup, clearly not what I was expecting. I should mention that the active Naim system included a NAC 552, a Supercap on the crossover, a 555 PS on the nDAC, and some very expensive Chord interconnects. The Naim gear was only a few years old at the time so it was not a question of it needing to be serviced. The active Naim electronics have since been replaced with Lejonklou and an Exposure VXN crossover and power supply, and I could not be happier. Well, unless I also had a Lejonklou crossover.

A good friend from NY was visiting after I replaced the SN2. He had the same active Naim setup with Isobariks that I had in my main system. We were listening to the smaller system and he kept commenting about how great it sounded. He recently swapped out his Urika with an Entity, and is now on the slippery slope of replacing his Naim gear with Lejonklou. I also replaced my Naim ND5 XS2/ Naim nDAC/ Naim 555PS/ Chord Music interconnect/ Naim PowerLines with a Kalla/ Linn Silver interconnect. As a streaming solution it isn't even close.
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

The Supernait 2/Boazu comparison Gammaboy mentions happened at my store. It was clear to me the Boazu was musically superior and I remember his daughter commenting on that and him agreeing. It didn't seem to be what he had expected. He now refers to the Boazu as the gateway drug - the first taste is always free. :-) I have heard that some customers refer to us as their pushers. At times it is not too far from the truth. But at least this drug generally doesn't have any nasty side effects (if not overused) and can certainly lead to euphoria!
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
John C

Post by John C »

A couple of years ago I bought a used SN2 hoping it was a Super Nait 2. That was not the case at all. I sold it and kept my Nait xs instead which I also had at the time. Later on I tried the Boazu at home. I still have the Boazu today (I bought it and at the same time sold the Nait xs). It draws you into the music better than the SN2. And it’s upgradable for far less money than for Naim with their Hi-cap and Supercap.
I’m sticking to my Boazu (and of course my beloved Nait 2)
Starsailor

Post by Starsailor »

I have a naim nait xs mki ,
I want to buy a boazu soon or later.
What diferences do you experienced with the xs
John C

Post by John C »

Both the xs & the Boazu are amps that I never got tired listening to. The thing with the Boazu is that it doesn’t add anything to the music. Sometimes you might feel that it lacks bass but that’s the way the recording was made. If you put on another record, like reggae music, it delivers what you before thought was lacking. In my opinion it’s a more honest amp. In the end it’s more fun listening to it. But if you haven’t listened to it, you can still enjoy music amplified by the xs, would not have sold it if I hadn’t listen to the Boazu. Hope this answer will help you.
Starsailor

Post by Starsailor »

Thanks for the responses!! Are very helpful

In the other hand, i am little afraid because my source is a rega p25, maybe the boazu is too much amp for this turntable?
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

I reviewed the P25 back when it was released. I liked it a lot.

I’m certain it’s a terrific partner for Boazu.
Starsailor

Post by Starsailor »

Cool!! Very happy to hear that.
Thank you
Fred11

Post by Fred11 »

I also went from Naim (15 years) to Lejonklou. I had a Nac 82, 250, hicap and a Nait 1 (very nice recapped one). Naim is very ‘Wow’ when you hear it, but Lejonklou follows the recording much more truthfully. The biggest difference for me after I sold my Naim gear was that I started to listen through every song without switching to the next. One could say that I startet to listen more to music with Lejonklou. I now have two Boazu (one for each system) and a Källa and when listening to rock, hip hop or Reggae it still hits my what incredible drive and PRAT the Lejonklou brings out.
F
Hermann
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Hermann »

I don't know the Bazoo but can contribute a lot regarding the migration from Naim to Lejonklou. I have owned Naim devices for more than 45 years. and sttill own some. My first amp was a bolted NAP 250 with serial number 2000. After that many Naims found their way to me. Then it was a 552 that replaced the 52 preamp 17 years ago. The 552 has recently been swapped out for Sagatun's mono and the ECS mono amps, which outperformed the Naim NAP500 at the time, previously for a Tundra stereo. Amazing with what looseness the tundra surpassed the ECS. The Entity replaced a fully Naim Superline chain. I don't look back at Naim for a second. I'm very happy about the decision.
Trust your ears
Starsailor

Post by Starsailor »

Hello , wich speakers works fine with the boazu.
I actually have proac tablette r8.

Thank you!!!
Fred11

Post by Fred11 »

Hi Starsailor!
A speker matching list for the Boazu would be nice.
Here is my experience in order from best and down:
Jern 12WS (very good match)
Jern 14ds (very good match)
Neat Ioata Alpha (good match)
Guru q10 (good match)
F
Starsailor

Post by Starsailor »

Ok!! , fred11 . Took note
Very thanks for the information!
Fred11

Post by Fred11 »

Many orher speakers that might be very good. This is just my experience. Would be interesting with other peoples thougths on this!
Fred
springwood64
Very active member
Very active member

Post by springwood64 »

Fred11 wrote: 2022-08-17 09:23 Many orher speakers that might be very good. This is just my experience. Would be interesting with other peoples thougths on this!
Fred
I'm using Boazu with Linn Espeks. I haven't performed comparisons with other speakers, but it is great fun with the Espeks
Pete

Linn Axis, Kinki, Källa (GS308T+Amplifi HD x 2 + BJC), Boazu, Espeks
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

Does someone use Boazu with JBL3677s?
Thx
Matt

MBP / Exposure pre + power (both modified) / JBL3677
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

Fred11 wrote: 2022-08-16 17:07 Here is my experience in order from best and down:
Jern 12WS (very good match)
Jern 14ds (very good match)
Neat Ioata Alpha (good match)
Guru q10 (good match)
Great feedback!