Lejonklou Boazu Integrated Amp

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

Fred11

Re: Lejonklou Boazu Integrated Amp

Post by Fred11 »

Dear all
My Naimed (Aro, Armageddon, kore, adikt) just arrived with a new Karousel installed. Wow! It is a new machine, like going from Hd to 4K. So much music coming out! And a very good compliment again to the Boazu, the amp is able to let so much of the information and upgrade shine through. The whole setup feels new. This will be a good music-summer, traveling with music not abroad is no problem now that I am all set.
Fredrik
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sunbeamgls »

Fred11 wrote: 2020-06-23 07:18 Dear all
My Naimed (Aro, Armageddon, kore, adikt) just arrived with a new Karousel installed. Wow! It is a new machine, like going from Hd to 4K. So much music coming out! And a very good compliment again to the Boazu, the amp is able to let so much of the information and upgrade shine through. The whole setup feels new. This will be a good music-summer, traveling with music not abroad is no problem now that I am all set.
Fredrik
Excellent!
KSH/0; KEBox/2; 3x Tundra Stereo 2.5; PMC fact.12. Blogger. Exakt Design. SO measuring.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

I received a phone call from the United States today. It was Clement Perry, editor and publisher of Stereo Times. He just wanted to congratulate me on the review of Boazu, written by David Abramson, that was going to be published today. He said that mr Abramson was so enthusiastic that he really looked forward to listening to the Boazu himself.

I'm reading the review right now. Thank you Thomas for sending mr Abramson a Boazu!

http://v2.stereotimes.com/post/lejonklo ... -abramson/
maffe
Very active member
Very active member

Post by maffe »

Congrats Fredrik to a well really great review!
Tendaberry
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tendaberry »

Congratulations Fredrik! That review made me want to go out and buy it myself :-)
Spannko
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Spannko »

That’s what you call an enthusiastic review! Great stuff. Well done Fredrik!
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Post by V.A.MKD »

Congratulation! ... and continue with your mission ... :-)
Music First ...
Vlado
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Post by mrco99 »

Tendaberry wrote: 2020-09-19 10:44 Congratulations Fredrik! That review made me want to go out and buy it myself :-)
Me too actually.....but naturally I have them in stock :)
Great review, thanks Fredrik - and Thomas - for this!
Distributor of Lejonklou | Aqua | Graham Audio | Klangedang | NOKTable | Ophidian | The Wand
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

mrco99 wrote: 2020-09-20 10:16 Great review, thanks Fredrik - and Thomas - for this!
Indeed, congrats, well-deserved :-)

Matt
Matt

MBP / Exposure pre + power (both modified) / JBL3677
Whatsmynaim

Post by Whatsmynaim »

That's a glowing review but I've never agreed on the OCD part. It's all the rest of the HiFi manufacturers that don't care enough about the music ;)

(Not including the ones who do.)
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Thank you everyone for your congratulations!
Whatsmynaim wrote: 2020-09-20 21:36 That's a glowing review but I've never agreed on the OCD part. It's all the rest of the HiFi manufacturers that don't care enough about the music ;)

(Not including the ones who do.)
I agree!

One thing that mr Abramson gets wrong (yes, I know he's mostly joking about it) is that an obsessive attention to detail alone will make good HiFi. What's even more important is the ability to judge the musical performance. Not just when you've completed the construction, but at every point in the development process. And the music must be judged as a whole, not taken apart and evaluated as a collection of sounds.

There are many brilliant electronic engineers out there.
A few of them obsess over details (but most that I've met frown upon excessive attention to detail).
Very few of the brilliant ones that obsess over details are able to judge musical performance.
Very few of the brilliant ones that obsess over details and are able to judge musical performance choose to manufacture HiFi.
Hence: There are very, very few good HiFi manufacturers.
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

Great review.

He's a bit of a character ins't he :)

Hopefully one of many more reviews to come.
Discodave
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Discodave »

I adore the Boazu, bringing everything into one box at such an affordable price is imo a crowning achievement.

Do you have any plans for another integrated or will you simply keep it evolving via upgraded versions?
LP12, Lingo 3, Cirkus/Kore, Tramp 2, Basik Plus Ania, Linto
Majik Ds, Kisto, Tundra 2.0, Majik 109
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Discodave wrote: 2020-09-21 17:26 I adore the Boazu, bringing everything into one box at such an affordable price is imo a crowning achievement.

Do you have any plans for another integrated or will you simply keep it evolving via upgraded versions?
Thank you Discodave!

Not really sure about another integrated.
Making one that is less expensive but still really good sounds difficult. I haven't figured out any radical shortcuts that would allow it.
Making one that is much better is perhaps easier. I don't know how far you can push the one-box concept, though. There was an American who asked me to make a Boazu in a machined-from-solid copper case. I'm sure that would sound better, but as the cost is so high it might get beaten by a much less expensive 2, 3 or 4-box solution in aluminium cases.

Certainly worth thinking long and hard about!
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

I was quite pleased to see the review. It has been coming for a while and you can see how much David loved the Boazu. I didn't realize it would have as much about things like SINGularity and the various things Fredrik does to make quality product. David and I have talked several times on the phone and I tend to wax lyrical about Fredrik and the work he does and he was obviously taking notes. I think it is quite clear that to make great designs you need attention to detail, a very good ear, the desire to create at the highest level and the knowledge of how to put that all together. I need hardly tell anyone up here how rare that combination is and also how it must be protected over time. The Hi-Fi industry is littered with companies that once made musical products and are now a shadow of their former selves. (I am thinking of many of the companies who made the best gear of the 60s and 70s, but newer companies also sometimes succumb.) I feel very fortunate that we have Lejonklou HiFi providing the most musical electronics I have heard, which has taken my own personal musical enjoyment to new levels. I am also proud of distributing these products for 10 years this month.

David knows there are some technical errors in the review and apparently some photos and captions got misplaced. My biggest concern was the comment that the units were torqued to 22Nm! I don't relish fixing anything that has been torqued that high since the actual case torque is a bit under 0.6Nm. He informed me even before my comment about the torque that they were going to edit the review to correct the discrepancies so an updated version should be up before too long.

There also should be a few more reviews from the US this year in yet in another publication that I'm sure will also be quite positive. I will post more info when I have more precise data on the timing.
Last edited by ThomasOK on 2020-09-23 20:14, edited 1 time in total.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

That's another excellent review, congratulations once again Sir Fredrik!

Cheers
Tony Tune-age
springwood64
Very active member
Very active member

Post by springwood64 »

Quietly excited... My Arcam is about to be trampled by a reindeer: Boazu on its way soon.
Pete

Linn Axis, Kinki, Källa (GS308T+Amplifi HD x 2 + BJC), Boazu, Espeks
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Congratulations. I'm sure you will quite enjoy it.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
springwood64
Very active member
Very active member

Post by springwood64 »

I'm impressed. The simplicity of set up and use is really nice. I particularly like the colour coded volume level. Visually the Boazu disappears and only draws attention when I change the volume.

Musicality and sound quality is even better than I'd hoped. I'm really enjoying hearing new music from old favourites played on streamer or turntable. Most of my listening so far is at low to moderate levels (blue to green) and it's totally absorbing.

In some ways my Arcam (AVR300) is not an easy act to follow. While it is not very revealing compared to higher quality amps, it is very enjoyable. I had no problems downsizing nine years ago from Kinos+KCT to the Arcam. While I lost a lot in terms of sound quality, I found the Arcam very easy to live with. In a brief recent experiment a couple of weeks ago a Unidisk SC (as pre) + C6100 (bi-amped) was not as enjoyable as the Arcam.

However, even before warm up the Boazu immediately grabbed my attention with great bass and much easier to follow higher frequency notes. After a few days even very familiar tracks sound new. Vocals in particular are significantly easier to follow. Overall, it is much more engaging with both my main sources.
Pete

macrotech2
Very active member
Very active member

Post by macrotech2 »

Thanks for the write up Pete. I’m so glad my trusty Boazu has gone to an appreciative home.

Mind you, does anyone who’s properly heard a Boazu not realise how good it is?
Källa/Sagatun Mono Tarandus/Tundra Mono 3/Avalon Idea Mk2
springwood64
Very active member
Very active member

Post by springwood64 »

Does the Boazu appreciate being played continually? Album number 8 on the trot and it seems to be really really singing. Or am I just getting habituated?
Pete

JoDeKo

Post by JoDeKo »

Good Morning, do you think a Boazu harmonizes with Harbeth SHL5+ Speakers or does anybody have experieneces about it?
Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny (Frank Zappa)

Just Listen
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Post by mrco99 »

Hi JoDeKo,

I don't have any experience with combining Harbeth speakers and Lejonklou but as distributor of Graham Audio I can tell you this works really well.

Both Harbeth and Graham share the same kind of thinwall construction type. They distinguish in that for instance the Graham BBC 5/9 is rated at 8Ω and 87dB sensivity whereas the SHL5+ is a 6Ω 86dB design and also known as an easy to drive speaker.

As always, best option in finding out whether Boazu and your SHL5+ is a match would be to try out a Boazu at home in your own setup.

Speakers Corner in Kiel is a Lejonklou dealer who has the Boazu on demo so you may first try to make an appointment with them. If distance would be a problem you can alternatively contact us to help you out.

All the best from Amsterdam,

Marco
Distributor of Lejonklou | Aqua | Graham Audio | Klangedang | NOKTable | Ophidian | The Wand
JoDeKo

Post by JoDeKo »

Thnak you, Marco.

Cologne => Amsterdam = 260 km
Cologne => KIel = 510 km.

I´m quite shure I will try. ;)

Best regards,

Michael
Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny (Frank Zappa)

Just Listen
Fred11

Post by Fred11 »

Just ordered a second Boazu for the basement-system. Have had several Naim-amps before and today the Boazu just beat my all time favorite; a recaped Naim Nait 1. The Naim, though fun and exciting, the Boazu just made me sucked into the music for hours, unlike the Nait 1. Its so natural and engaging.
Now its 1. Lp12-Klimax ds1-Boazu-Jern 14
And 2. Klimax ds/1-Boazu-Neat Iota Alpha . Its going to be a musical Christmas!
Merry Christmas
F