Lejonklou Boazu Integrated Amp

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

willem kuis

Re: Lejonklou Boazu Integrated Amp

Post by willem kuis »

JoDeKo wrote: 2020-11-21 08:55 Good Morning, do you think a Boazu harmonizes with Harbeth SHL5+ Speakers or does anybody have experieneces about it?
Hi JoDeKo

I have Harbeth C7 ES3 speakers combined with Lejonklou Tundra 2.5 and Kikkin 2.2.
Before I used a NAIM NAP 200. That amplifier had a somewhat "pushy"sound character on my Harbeths
The Lejonklou/Harbeth combo however is much more musical and really touches your heart and soul.

Don't know about the BOAZU with SHL5+ : The SHL5+ Speakers are said to be less forgiving and do need more power than my C7's. So you need to try it yourself. Good Luck!
Källa 1.0 # Sagatun 1.7 # Tundra 2.5 # Spec RSA 901-EX # Harbeth Super HL5+XD # REL Strata III
Fred11

Post by Fred11 »

I do not know about Harbeth, put really recognize your description of "pushy" regarding Naim. It can be fun and engaging, but in the long run can bring fatigue. Really agree on the very natural, moving way of playing. Should be really good with harbeth which is known for its great midband.
F
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tokenbrit »

I can relate to Naim pushiness too. Never tried Naim with my Spendors, but can say that Linn amplification was a bit warm but clinical, whereas Lejonklou amps with the Spendors were musically superior and matched nicely with the Spendor midrange, in particular, without any exaggeration.
I appreciate that they're not Harbeths but Spendor & Harbeth are often mentioned together given their similar/ shared(?) origins...
Fred11

Post by Fred11 »

Dear Fredrik and forum
I see that there is a new upgrade for Boazu just finnished. Congratulations! Looking forward to it hear and see more about it.
Fredrik
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Fred11 wrote: 2021-01-07 20:48 Dear Fredrik and forum
I see that there is a new upgrade for Boazu just finnished. Congratulations! Looking forward to it hear and see more about it.
Fredrik
Yes! The first two Boazu 1.3, number 072 and 073, are heading towards Norway tomorrow.

Eight components have been changed in the power supplies; six resistors and two capacitors. The result is a more musical Boazu. The resistor change makes it more precise and the capacitor change makes it more nuanced. Both enhance the musical understanding.

The cost of the components isn't very high, but upgrading older Boazu's will be time consuming. The alternative is to replace both power supplies, which would definitely become more expensive. More on the price of upgrading later.
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

The Lejonklou Boazu wins a Stereo Times Most Wanted Components of 2020 award!

http://v2.stereotimes.com/post/mw2020-page-2
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tokenbrit »

ThomasOK wrote: 2021-01-10 01:35 The Lejonklou Boazu wins a Stereo Times Most Wanted Components of 2020 award!

http://v2.stereotimes.com/post/mw2020-page-2
FANtastic! Congratulations, Fredrik, and Thomas.
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Post by mrco99 »

That's absolutely fabulous news, congrats!

And to think with the just announced 1.3 upgrade Fredrik has made Boazu even better - perhaps it may compete for the 2021 award as well?

Well done Thomas & Fredrik!
Distributor of Lejonklou | Aqua | Graham Audio | Klangedang | NOKTable | Ophidian | The Wand
Discodave
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Discodave »

Superb news for a superb product.
Congratulations!!!!
LP12, Lingo 3, Cirkus/Kore, Tramp 2, Basik Plus Ania, Linto
Majik Ds, Kisto, Tundra 2.0, Majik 109
Spannko
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Spannko »

To get a “budget” amplifier into a list of the best amplifiers costing as much as a decent car is a fantastic achievement Fredrik. Well done!
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Thank you!

I don't know what to say... I am humbly delighted to get this award. Just... Wow!
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

Brilliant! - well done Fredrik!
beck
Very active member
Very active member

Post by beck »

+1. :-)
Playing cd’s…………
kampak

Post by kampak »

great to receive this appreciation from a respectable magazine, but on the other hand really no surprise, at least not for me.
Linn-Lejonklou-Kudos
springwood64
Very active member
Very active member

Post by springwood64 »

Yes - congratulations. I'm still delighted with my Boazu, and intrigued by the possibility that it can get even better...
Pete

Linn Axis, Kinki, Källa (GS308T+Amplifi HD x 2 + BJC), Boazu, Espeks
OscarH
Very active member
Very active member

Post by OscarH »

The Boazu is very high on the list when I, at some stage, get around to justifying an amplification upgrade. Everybody seems to be happy; Fredrik, owners and reviewers.

As far as I can gather it is likely to be able to drive any speaker I'll ever be likely to afford too so should be pretty future proof.

I've even come to think that the somewhat idiosyncratic lack of channel switching is an advantage - I'm pretty much the only person in the family who can remember which source is on which input anyway :)
Last edited by OscarH on 2021-01-11 15:05, edited 1 time in total.
springwood64
Very active member
Very active member

Post by springwood64 »

OscarH wrote: 2021-01-11 13:58 I've even come to think that the somewhat idiosyncratic lack of channel switching is an advantage - I'm pretty much the only person in the family who can remember which source is on which input anyway :)
From my experience it is a distinct advantage for two reasons: my family never get confused about source switching; and my kids like to play games on xbox while listening to music. They like the summing of two audio streams! Plus they like the fact that I have to leave the room when they do this ....
Pete

OscarH
Very active member
Very active member

Post by OscarH »

springwood64 wrote: 2021-01-11 14:55
OscarH wrote: 2021-01-11 13:58 I've even come to think that the somewhat idiosyncratic lack of channel switching is an advantage - I'm pretty much the only person in the family who can remember which source is on which input anyway :)
From my experience it is a distinct advantage for two reasons: my family never get confused about source switching; and my kids like to play games on xbox while listening to music. They like the summing of two audio streams! Plus they like the fact that I have to leave the room when they do this ....
Glad to hear that it’s actually an advantage in real life.

I suspect my kids might try to stream a song on one input and play the same song with the LP at 45rpm on another...
Fred11

Post by Fred11 »

I also feel its an advantage. Nice to just put on the source without having to switch back and forth. I am receiving my second Boazu today for my second system. It is just so musical. I have heard that one say about French and Italian cooking that in France the focus is on the cook and in Italy the focus is on the actual food. With Boazu the focus is on the music and musical experience first, as with the food in Italy. I have had many amps that steel the focus from the music. Fun in the beginning, but only for a short period of time.
Congratulation with the Stereotimes accolade, Fredrik!

F
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

mrco99 wrote: 2021-01-10 08:35 That's absolutely fabulous news, congrats!

And to think with the just announced 1.3 upgrade Fredrik has made Boazu even better - perhaps it may compete for the 2021 award as well?

Well done Thomas & Fredrik!
Thanks everyone. As with Fredrik I am quite pleased. It is always good when work of the quality Fredrik does is recognized. I don't know if they do repeat awards for upgrades. Interestingly, when David told me about the award he also said "lemme know when Fredrik decides to make it twice as good by changing some capacitor or something..." Since I had just found out about the 1.3 upgrade I replied with the information on that. His reply was "Now- As president of the Boazu fan club, while I might not be first in line for a covid vaccine- I definitely wanna be one of the first volunteers for the 1.3 upgrade!" So he will be hearing it, and I'm sure commenting on it, as soon as I can start doing them. He is second in line as I shipped a new 1.1 to a dealer for a customer on December 24th, so I put him first in line and will charge him less as well.

I don't know how soon I will be getting the upgrade kits but I expect to be busy for a while doing them. I've already seen the instructions and the upgrade isn't too difficult but will be a bit time consuming. I have ordered a bunch of the kits to cover initial expected demand.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
springwood64
Very active member
Very active member

Post by springwood64 »

Is there a UK reseller who will be able to upgrade Boazu?
Pete

Whatsmynaim

Post by Whatsmynaim »

I don't know but guessing when it comes to music Boazu actually won over every single one, no matter the price.
------------
Also. Since I bough version 1.1 I'm curious to hear from someone who has experienced each different upgrade and what
it did to the sound and if you're lucky to have listened to the 1.3.. Well, tell me everything!
macrotech2
Very active member
Very active member

Post by macrotech2 »

springwood64 wrote: 2021-01-12 20:18 Is there a UK reseller who will be able to upgrade Boazu?
Your one went back to Fredrik for the last upgrade. I’m not aware of anyone in the UK who can do it at the moment.
Källa/Sagatun Mono Tarandus/Tundra Mono 3/Avalon Idea Mk2
Fred11

Post by Fred11 »

Being one of the lucky Boazu 1.3 owners, here is a short report on how it males music in my system.
Important to mention that it is in the process of braking in. From the beginning it has been softening more and more for the last four days. I should also mention that I have one more Boazu 1.1 which now sits in my second system and plays beautifully.
I have a lp12-lingo 4-kore-Aro-adikt-Gaio and a Linn krds-1 into Jern 14 ds speakers (wonderful musical Danish speakers). From the outset the two upgrades sounds quite musically better. It sounds clearer and have more precision. Interplay, shifts and elements is even easier to discern than before. It even feels more agile and tight and also as if it has more power(!). It could be that is not fully broken in yet and that these are to early conclusions, but this is my first take on the Boazu 1.3. Recommended!
F
springwood64
Very active member
Very active member

Post by springwood64 »

Fred11 wrote: 2021-01-15 09:08 Being one of the lucky Boazu 1.3 owners, here is a short report on how it males music in my system.
Important to mention that it is in the process of braking in. From the beginning it has been softening more and more for the last four days. I should also mention that I have one more Boazu 1.1 which now sits in my second system and plays beautifully.
I have a lp12-lingo 4-kore-Aro-adikt-Gaio and a Linn krds-1 into Jern 14 ds speakers (wonderful musical Danish speakers). From the outset the two upgrades sounds quite musically better. It sounds clearer and have more precision. Interplay, shifts and elements is even easier to discern than before. It even feels more agile and tight and also as if it has more power(!). It could be that is not fully broken in yet and that these are to early conclusions, but this is my first take on the Boazu 1.3. Recommended!
F
Exciting. Any news on price?
Pete