Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Fredrik at Hi-Fi Show Live, Windsor UK 29-30 Oct 2016

Post by matthias »

lejonklou wrote:
oudheusa wrote:Benchmark for your streamer? ;)
Six months ago, it would have been our benchmark. Today it's not.
This is really quite a statement!
I am VERY curious!
Did you compare to LP12?

Matt
Matt

MBP / Exposure pre + power (both modified) / JBL3677
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

matthias wrote:This is really quite a statement!
I am VERY curious!
Did you compare to LP12?
Yes we continually do. The LP12 has been my number one source for decades, so naturally I want to better it.

Since the LP12 and streamer are not playing the same material, however, direct comparisons are complicated. Let's say we want to compare The Beatles. Which vinyl should we pick for the LP12? The Mono box from a few years back was good. But some of my rather worn British originals are perhaps a little better still. Then which digital files should we use? Here I have no clue. Some say that really early CD's are the best. Others vouch for the very latest HD reissues. Is the material identical on the new digital and vinyl reissues? Some music is apparently mixed differently for different formats.

I think the only meaningful answer will come gradually, with time. Which source will be used more?

I will of course be happy to make this demonstration, but I'll then leave it up to the attendees to bring the digital and vinyl material suitable for such a comparison.
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

Fredrik,
yes, I know comparisons analogue to digital are difficult.
But it is very good sign when a digital source gives you the same or higher level of enjoyment as the LP12.

I wish you all the best for your digital project and please do not forget higher rate DSD:-)

Matt
Matt

MBP / Exposure pre + power (both modified) / JBL3677
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sunbeamgls »

Whilst I wasn't fortunate to be at Windsor to hear this system (which clearly piqued a lot of interest and favourable comments), I did get to hear the new Totem floorstanders which appear to be a partner product to the Sky (but I didn't see a name for them). They were playing at the Munich show in May.
It seems, from reading this thread, that they might have a lot in common with the bookshelf speakers. They're tiny little floorstanders but are stunning performers - superbly tuneful, fun to listen to, full of life, with a remarkable level of finesse, wide soundstage and deep notes seemingly as odds with their cabinet size. Great stuff!

KSH/0; KEBox/2; 3x Tundra Stereo 2.5; PMC fact.12. Blogger. Exakt Design. SO measuring.