Slipsik 6 dual mono setup

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

More wants more

Slipsik 6 dual mono setup

Post by More wants more »

Tonight i have connected two Slipsik to my LP12 one for each chanel to see if this will improve the sound.

Has anyone else tried this?
LP12/Trampolin2/Cirkus/Radikal/Ittok LVIII/Adikt/Kore/Slipsik 6 prototype/KK/ATC SCM 50 ASL
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Slipsik 6 dual mono setup

Post by lejonklou »

Very cool!

I should have done this, shouldn't I? But I haven't. The only reason I can think of (while having plenty of opportunities) is that IF one makes a phono stage with complete separation of left and right channels, there are more optimal ways of doing it.

That said, this one-channel-on-each could very well be better. There's also a slight disadvantage with the turntable ground going first to one unit and then to the other.

Please tell us what you think!
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

lejonklou wrote:There's also a slight disadvantage with the turntable ground going first to one unit and then to the other.
Fredrik,
my LP12 ground inclusive ground of the tonearm goes straight into my turntable power supply and not to the phono amp. Did you try this?

Matt
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

matthias wrote:
lejonklou wrote:There's also a slight disadvantage with the turntable ground going first to one unit and then to the other.
my LP12 ground inclusive ground of the tonearm goes straight into my turntable power supply and not to the phono amp. Did you try this?
Yes, I believe I have tried every possible combination of how to ground the turntable and the rest of the system. There are many ways.

I settled upon grounding the turntable to the signal/power ground Mecka in the phono stage, which is floating with respect to mains/chassis ground. This I found to be the best sounding method, but one that most manufacturers will never use, as it can lead to a hum problem in combination with certain amplifiers.

If hum is present, one needs to join signal/power ground with mains/chassis ground in the phono stage with an extra ground wire, which I supply with each phono stage. This is too strange and complicated for most brands (plug and play is the rule), so my choice of grounding is rare.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

By the way, Matt, which motor/power supply, arm and phono stage are you using?
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

lejonklou wrote:By the way, Matt, which motor/power supply, arm and phono stage are you using?
Fredrik,
the AC motor of my LP12 is driven by a Naim Armageddon, the tonearm is a Naim Aro with an EMT cartridge and the phono stage is the Exposure 13. The earth connector at the 13 is not floating but goes straight to the chassis so I wanted to have all LP12 0V grounded at one point with the earth wire of the Armageddon. BTW, the Exposure has a +/-18VDC PS and the EMT needs 56dB gain. It would be a pleasure for me to put a Lejonklou MC board inside my 13!

Matt